>2026 world cup will be in yet another third world country

J U S T

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCdKBHdPz30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It could be worse, like Sweden.

Morocco isn't so bad for Europeans, you can quickly get in and get out of there
>The other bid is a joint Mexico/US/Canada
Fifa won't give three spots for free plus after SK/Japan Fifa doesn't really want joint hosts again

Shut up

>2026

48 Teams next time, more chance of it happening.

Oh yeah forgot about that

>after SK/Japan Fifa doesn't really want joint hosts again
Red pill me on this. What did FIFA not like about that tournament?

>2026
with a bit of luck I'll be dead by then

(You) on the left

>what are bribes
its absolutely asinine to have a major international event outside of about a half dozen countries capable of handling the infrastructure without having to completely build everything from the ground up and then immediately having no use for it.

Hell the US should hold about half of the olympics and world cups because we have 100k+ stadiums dedicated to mediocre college football teams, almost nothing needs to be built here to host anything

What's even more astonishing is why countries with literally no infrastructure for it wants to host a world cup in the first place. There will be literally make no money out of it and it will only be a massive debt fest for the tax payers, or in Qatar's case, just use the oil money lol. What exactly do they get out of it?

Countries like Morocco or russia want to host tournaments So they can fund buidling the infrastructure. Morroco tho does actually have the best stadiums in africa but they are still gonna build more stuff. Also hosting world cup ia good publicity and brings tourism bucks.

>Also hosting world cup ia good publicity and brings tourism bucks.
It will never in a lifetime justify the costs.

Qatar gets a soft power demonstration, i.e show the rest of the muzzie countries that dislike them (Saudis, UAE) that they’ve got money too and don’t need no friends
Same reason they’ve bought PSG and Nerman

Probably because the tournament was so poorly received. They just ignore that it was their own fucking fault because of all of the corrupt officiating.

>Fes
youtube.com/watch?v=KCdKBHdPz30

>we have 100k+ shit bowl shaped stadiums awful for football dedicated to mediocre college football teams in the middle of buttfuck nebraska with no transport links or sentient human life

>2026 is next year

Our public transportation is garbage tier but in the day of the Uber, it'd be pretty irrelevant for a World Cup crowd.

Also, I'd say that our college stadiums typically outshine the professional ones. And you're kidding about them only being in desolate areas, right? Every major city has one large stadium or more.

Rag on America as you like, but our stadiums are pretty great.

The problem with your 100k+ stadiums is that you can’t see the pitch properly in most of them because of the shape
Sure you’d have the big ass screens and all but it’s not the same
Pic related is my city’s stadium, seats 73k people and you see the pitch alright from most of them

That's a good point, I guess. Hadn't really considered that. I've never watched any type of game in your style of stadium though, so I can't say if it's better or not. I'll just have to take your word for it.

That's because you're redpilled on this. I remember seeing Sweden (or Germany?) refusing to host an Olympic Winter through popular referendum.

why do the USA want 3 spaces the greedy cunts? they could host it by themselves more than easily

>I will turn 13 during the world cup in Morocco

>The record average attendance was set in the United States in 1994 at 68,991, Brazil was second at 52k
>didnt have to build anything from the ground up
>96 percent average capacity
>most successful event run by FIFA in its history

seems like it wasnt an issue when it was held here

>Brazil was second at 52k
Wasn't Maracanazo like 150k? Maybe its just adjusted to modern restrictions capacity

>joint Mexico/US/Canada
literally why
do you really need to spread a WC over a whole continent? Mexico and US could easily bid on their own and Canada is not even interested in football
Morocco is a much better choice

Maracanazo was really fucking long ago, guessing it doesn't count