What does Sup Forums think of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

What does Sup Forums think of Neon Genesis Evangelion?
Is it kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=qMt4DXVD4yg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off

go back to fucking /a

What does the title mean? It seems like nonsense or random words strung together.

I would watch this, but the title makes me not want to even consider it. What does it mean?

If you have autism.

Gospel of the new beginning

>Neon Genesis Evangelion (Japanese: 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン Hepburn: Shin Seiki Evangerion?, from Classical Greek meaning "The Gospel of the New Genesis", literally "Teachings of the New Beginning"

It roughly translates into "gospel for a new century"

Neon is a derivative of the Greek "neos" literally meaning "new"
Genesis is obvious
Evangelion is either "gospel", "Word" or "Good News"

Apparently Anno just chose it because it was cool.

Even though this anime is overrated as fuck because dumb teenagers think it has profound, intellectual meaning (see pic in ) it still is fucking brilliant. I'd say it's definitely kino.

Never seen it,probably never will.
Unless there is a remake or something.

But i already know the main guy would annoy the fuck out of me.

Only because he is you.

Watch the rebuilds and movies.

Gospel of a new beginning which refers to the need of eva units (mechs) to fight angels (aliens) in a war that will determine the future of humanity and the world

Low IQ garbage for low IQ westerner teens and jap yatsumes

But there is a remake, and besides, you're also missing out on the greatest animated film known to man

It does have profound, intellectual meaning though

It's pretty good.

it's great, and EoE is the peak of anime.
everything after that has been downhill.
Rebuilds are garbage though.

Neon Genesis Evanjellyon is a good guy, he can fly and he has a silver sword that can kill bad guys.

these aren't even tangentially relevant

Why are the rebuilds trash? I have only watched the anime how does it compare?

All I know is that Misato is best girl

just watch it yourself and make up your own mind. But the opinion in the community is that it is lacking the psychological narrative found in the show, while also adding much more spectacle to the Eva/Angel fights (for better or worse). But who knows, Anno might pull something out in the last film and everything will be meaningful in the end

Compared to your average entry level anime it's really well done. Still weeb shit who pass cheap budget as muh art.

Think of it like this

The rebuild movies are the exact kind of anime that the original NGE series was criticizing

but the last two episodes are the textbook definition of art

>someone rewatched stalker just to make this bait

heh, who really got trolled

If someone has the film it happens just before the attack

>textbook definition
Weebs will be purged

each episode is 20 minutes, and there's 26 episodes. Thats less time than a single season of Mad Men. Just watch it

>the exact kind of anime that the original NGE series was criticizing

NGE wasn't criticizing anything, it was generic weeb trash with fanservice but fans believe that it's some deep critique or some shit.

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT DAMMIT.

Yeah no

Favourite Eva moment?

>[spoilers]MAMMA! You were always with me![/spoilers]

I only know that the mc is gay.

Utter garbage for self hating NEETs, made by a self hating gambling addict whose vengeance against the world is making his fanbase even more miserable by hurting their favorite character.

>yfw

that fight was just goat

fuck off with this nipshit

"All nerves linked to the dummy system."
"32.8% of emotional elements are unclear, and can't be monitored."
"Irrelevent. Engage the system. Commence attack."

shit gave me chills when I was a kid

>4.0 is never going to come out

Fuck you Anno.

stupid cartoon and nothing more

He's started it, but we all might be dead before he finishes it

Ritsuko is best girl

Are the rebuilds worth watching? They seem like fanfic at best.

Zeruel attacking (and levelling) Tokyo-3 in Rebuild. The music is just GOAT.

They're pretty to look at and the music is great. Thats it

The first one is a good recap of the series
The second one is solid with an alternate ending
The third one is an excellent movie though deviates quite a lot from what we know.

The Ramiel and Sahaqiuel scenes in the Rebuilds are also amazing because of the music. Probably the only parts that are objectively better than in the show

I want that dick in me.

man nu-anime has shitty animation I wish we could go back to quality 90s animation. Pic related top quality 90s animation

more like this

>a girl doesn't understand character development
how surprising

not even close

On a rewatch now.

I love this show, but after about 6 episodes it's hard to krep watching this Shinji cunt puss out over everything. I hope Asuka turns up soon.

I remember after finishing the movie the one you're supposed to watch after the episodes it put me in a really emotional state. I had a breakdown that night after I got home from drinking. If you're a little bitch with a lot of emotional depth I think you will relate to shinji maybe asuka as well. So yeah if you're you're a little bitch I recommend it. I also really liked how the episodes get sort of darker as they go on and have a lot more emotion put in them. I guess he had a breakdown of his own towards the last episodes or something I read.

I've got to admit, Kawaru's death and Shinji's reaction in 3.0 was pretty rough.

But its after episode 6 when Shinji doesnt puss out of piloting the eva. The only other times he acts like a bitch is episode 19 and in EoE.

The rebuilds are great, but from an animation perspective the most. They story is obviously very cut down and deviates like fuck in the third movie, which split the fanbase.

shinji was never a bitch, he was just a loner kid with way too much responsibility on his plate and he wanted nothing to do with it

looks like b8, but really, anime's gone downhill ever since computers were added to the production

youtube.com/shared?ci=qMt4DXVD4yg
Asuka > Rei

*cough*

Well to be honest, I don't think theres anyone who would be able to handle the responsibility of saving the entire human species, let alone some introverted kid with major self-esteem issues

I'm ok with this. My favorite doujinshi is the one where Maya fucks Shinji in the ass with a fake penis.

Class Rep should be on the next level higher.

this

Hikari bestest girl

Yui is the best girl

I'm not a fan of underage. Maya is best adult-girl

Well Maya is pretty much female Shinji. Just change her hair and she looks just like him

>>I'm not a fan of underage.
Then you are watching the wrong show to be honest.

well to be fair, I'm not currently watching. Watched it years ago!

It's good for what it is, but last episodes and end of EoE are laughable. Nice for mecha fans, but don't try to look for good plot, there's none to be found. So much things are glossed over and never adressed.

It's okay, but them goes way off the deep end. It's pretty good when the idea is, "Hey, maybe making 14 year old pilot mecha isn't actually as cool as those other animes make it out to be" but then goes off the deep end with pseudo-psychology and religious imagery that doesn't have anything to do with anything.

bait

25-26 are good you pleb

Ritsuko and Maya are the best.

True

mom of the century

The to EoE made sense in so far that Shinji and Asuka were the only to left on earth and had to populate it.

>he fell for anno

>Anno went on to explain that for years he and his colleagues had denied the allegations that Evangelion is anything other than a poorly funded mecha anime with Christian Imagery to draw viewers’ attention. Laughing, he said, “now people actually believe I only chose the name Evangelion because it sounds complicated. You know what else sounds complicated? Freundschaftsbeziehung, the German word for friendly relation.”

the only evidence from Anno about the "religious symbolism has no meaning" claim is that picture about the name for the mecha. He's also said that he wanted it to end in "elion" because he really liked "Space Runaway Ideon" and he said that Ideon sounded cool. So its hard to make the argument that the lack of meaning in the religious symbolism was intentional on Anno's part

Usaka doesn't want kids (especially from Shinji), and one vajayjay can pop out only so much anyway. There's also no water or food anywhere, unless that glowing stuff is digestable.

25-26 >>> End

>Shinji and Asuka were the only to left on earth

Everybody is still on Earth (apart from Yui).

All the others are an ocean of orange/red goo. But they can choose to reform in to their body.

Shinji and Asuka are just the only two who immediately wanted out

What I'm talking about happens before 25 though, the entire last third of the series has a radical shift in focus and tone.

excellent taste

overrated

>you will never be sexually bullied by Maya and Ritsuko

Why live?

OFFICIAL Sup Forums RANKING

Asuka > Misato > Class Rep > Rei > Maya > Ritsuko

>All those Saigado doujins

>Asuka > Misato
no

ramiel>

Saigado is a god.

this is the only animekino