Logan thread?

So I have one question really. Which of the original X-Men movies never happened after the events of, Days of Futures Past?
They retconned all the movies from happening, at least X3 and everything after that, not sure about X2.
But in Logan they talk about and make references to X1 so clearly X1 still had to of happened.
In Logan they talk about the events of New York from X1 and about how Logan was a cage fighter like in the beginning of the X1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3AkMKp-RGp0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who gives a fuck?

people who are curious and like the X-men movies?

I don't know. Magneto would've never formed the brotherhood and launched any attacks in the days of future past timeline

true, but like I said in the spoiler text that make references and talk about X1

Saw a theory on Sup Forums that because of days of future past Xavier finally figures out he shouldn't use people like puppets and doesn't lock away Jean's Phoenix powers so she actually grows up with and learns to use then properly so everything involving her is changed

torrent where

Maybe Logan is in its own little world when it comes to timelines. Not connected to the main timeline of movies

Not really a theory. We saw that in Apocalypse

Xmen 3 never happens because cyclops and jean grey are still alive in the alternate timeline at the end of days of future past. Also xmen orgins wolverine is basically non canon now because of days of future and xmen apocalypse redoing the weapon X stuff. Id say Xmen 1, 2, the wolverine all stay basically the same

How the fuck did weapon X program get Logan if Mystique rescued him at the end of Days?

X men 2 doesn't happen because Nightcrawler never attacks the president.
The Wolverine never happens because Logan never fucks off on his own with the Jean flashbacks.

Don't forget to visit your friends at /lbg/

2 could still happen. just because nightcrawler meets professor x sooner doesnt mean he still couldnt be captured and mind controlled to attempt the assassination. Wolverine does still go to Japan, hence when they show he has a samurai sword in Logan

Didn't Jackman say the movie takes place in it's own little universe?

The Wolverine takes place after X3 though. It happened in order to get to, Days of Futures past and then joined the "NEVER HAPPENED" pool after, Days of Futures past.
Logan japanese lover never happened RIP

seeSamurai sword confirms the wolverine happened. he wasnt sad about Jean but he still goes to japan because silver samurai is still dying wants his powers. that part isnt different

youtu.be/3AkMKp-RGp0

This movie takes place in an alternate in the timeline that happened after the sentinels came and slaughtered the rest of the mutants.

If Charles and wolverine weren't successful with DOFP, this is the consequence of that timeline.

If that's not the case Mangold is a hack and I'm definitely not watching this shit.

It's not the case.
Professor X develops Alzheimers and has a seizure that results in him killing most of the Xmen and some humans

ok, but what about the xmen apocalypse wolverine?

Apparently it takes place after the happy ending of DOFP which doesn't add up at all

Only x3 didn't happen

it makes sense if you think about it. Instead of using the sentinels to defeat the mutants, in the new timeline humans create the virus instead. So mutants all lose and die in both timelines, its just a matter of how they lose

This.

Whatever happened to Sabertooth? are we really supposed to think that storm hitting him with lightning in the first xmen killed him?

True. Didn't Xavier die in X3?

no he didnt

in the post credits he takes over some coma guys body who looks like him or something. Then he just shows up at the end of The Wolverine

I mean to be fair Xavier knows everything Logan went through at the end of DOFP so he is aware of everything that happened in the series.

This

Remember that charles still kept his consciousness of both timelines in days and so did logan

Was Stan Lee in this movie? I didn't see him.

Is this the first Marvel's movie he wasn't in?

He was sorta-kinda in it, if you count his appereance in the Deadpool short that was shown before the film.

I dont think hes in most xmen movies

Oh shit you're totally right. I completely forgot about the samurai sword in Logan but the second I saw that I knew that was a reference to, The Wolverine.

Yeah this takes place in the same timeline after DOFP. They prevented basically the dark and scary future of everyone being killed by sentinels,
but in the timeline after that everyone still dies because of Professor X developing Alzheimerss. See No matter how hard they tried, everyone dies in one way or another, but at least it's not the destroyed fucked up future that was shown in DOFP.