Did Jeff Bridges deserve to win the Oscar...

Did Jeff Bridges deserve to win the Oscar, or am I just fangirling hard because his character was one of the best in recent history of cinema?

doesn't he play that kind of grizzled dude in a bunch of different films?

It's the same performance he's been giving for the past decade. Although he seemed less invested in it.

Laziness.

i think you are fangirling and have daddy issues. but jeff bridges can pretty much only play this kind of character. not that it is a bad thing or that hes bad at it but you playing as you istn really oscar worthy if u ask me

Ben Foster should have got the nomination over him

Sure! Jeff Bridges totally portrayed the same character in hell or High Water, Tron, Big Lebowski and the fucking Last Picture Show!

I don't even think he is a great actor, but at least his character was great in hell or high water!

Also, why the fuck would I have daddy issues!?

Not even the best supporting actor in a thriller set in west texas released in the past year

>only assholes drink Mr Pib
>drink up

>I don't even think he is a great actor, but at least his character was great in hell or high water!

In what way was his his character great?

>what is true grit

>Sure! Jeff Bridges totally portrayed the same character in hell or High Water, Tron, Big Lebowski and the fucking Last Picture Show!

kinda

>I don't even think he is a great actor, but at least his character was great in hell or high water!

thats my opinion as well. but then u have to give an oscar to the writer and not the actor

>Also, why the fuck would I have daddy issues!?

just a guess because you are fangirling jeff bridges

He as not even the best character in the fucking movie.

He was awful in true grit. And yes, he performed like in true grit. But Marcus Hamilton is a better character. Because he isn't stupid

I don't know, man, it's just solely because henisn't stupid. He did not do stupid things. He was a logic character that was ruled by logic. And that is hard to find nowadays

;___;

thank you imdb for shutting down and bringing this quality insight to Sup Forums

Muhammad Ali was plain at his role and literally disappeared with lel he dedafter first act.

Only won because muh gay and muh muslim shit.

Hugo Weaving should have won for Hacksaw Ridge, but due shitty nominees this year in that category, yes Jeff Bridges was the best one.

Nigga please, this is a typical saturday

This. This so much. I don't fucking know how Hugo Weaving wasn't even nominated!

LMAO, what? Hugo Weaving was fucking terrible in Hacksaw.

Bridges was very good, as were the other Oscar nominees (I haven't seen Lion).

Agreed. Although Mymarshal Ali was reasonably good, it wasn't particularly outstanding.

I would've been much happier with Hugo Weaves. Tragic he wasn't even nominated.