So if the aliens dont perceive time linearly then why would they need humanity's help in 3000 years?

So if the aliens dont perceive time linearly then why would they need humanity's help in 3000 years?

shh it's a movie

Because being able to percieve the future doesn't mean you can avoid it.

It's like her dying daughter.

Pretty much this.
They can see they need help and won't be able to avoid the problem without humanity

I can't tell who is pretending to be retarded anymore

They perceive the humans helping them with the thing and know they have to act now to bring it about

You can't change the future and the aliens never develop a cure

but if you know the future, what is stopping from changing it?
Amy knew the future and chose not change it, but what about someone who isnt a selfish sociopath. Would they perceive multiple timelines?

>but if you know the future, what is stopping from changing it?

The movie is entirely themed for determinism you retard

then you're the fool

except it isnt

This film was brilliant, other than the fact it made no sense. Who in their right mind would have a kid knowing they would die before adulthood? Also the shit with the Chinese General was a massive paradox.

this post cracked me up. :3

why does learning the language make whats-her-face hallucinate the big ayylien in her bedroom?

That part never made sense to me, unless she was both starting to perceive time non-linearly AND having stress-induced hallucinations.

>Who in their right mind would have a kid knowing they would die before adulthood?
agree, but that's kind of the twisted shit that makes the movie interesting
>Also the shit with the Chinese General was a massive paradox.
no, it was not a massive paradox

>no, it was not a massive paradox
Welp, I'm sold. I guess it wasn't a massive paradox.

>Who in their right mind would have a kid knowing they would die before adulthood?
I can't pretend to know as I have no desire to have kids, but on occasion people who have lost their children will still say they don't ever regret bringing them into the world. Sure, there are exceptions where a woman knows her child has some kind of defect way before birth, at which point then it makes more sense to ask what you asked. However, Amy Adam's character also had the visions of her daughter that brought a warmness to her being. Who can say that a half to a year of cancer is entirely worse than experiencing life, albeit if her daughter didn't look like she was out of high school when cancer took her.

if she aborted the kid she'd never lose her child to a disease
checkmate

I'm guessing it was stress related. Hell she even says at one point she didn't get any sleep. There's also Lovecraft insanity in so many alien films. Even if the screenwriters and directors of alien movies aren't directly influenced by Lovecraft's stories, the themes are repeated in so many movies about first encounters.

everything is predetirmined in their mind, known because their sense of time correlates with memory and the future. this is because it is nonlinear and can be understood unlike us. they must have found out that something goes wrong on their planet or in their universe, so they came to us for help. just because they're more advanced than us in predicting outcomes of their civilization doesn't mean nothing will ever go wrong and need outside help.

>if she kills the daughter at the age of 10 she won't die right after!
just stfu m8

And what will be their problem anyways?

Huh

Ugggh okay in other words they're like biomechanical robots for gods or are gods that id imagine alter humans perception of reality by showing them how to see the future, or without time basically interdimensional entities vs space aliens. you could say its an assimilation of earth but it was a check mate on arrival cus its a non zero sum game.