X264 or x265, Sup Forums?

x264 or x265, Sup Forums?

in english, doc?

PtP doesn't even allow x265 yet. It still has a ways to go.

remux

AV1

YIFY

whatever the internal groups on private trackers are doing :^)

>x265
if you don't use x264 then Sup Forums is not the place for you

A:10 V:10

Thanks YIFY

isn't 264 dvd quality and 265 bluray?

x265 is far superior, anyone who mentions anything else knows dipshit
problem is it takes humongous time to encode

why wouldnt you use HEVC if its an option?

I dont understand the YIFY meme.
Sure, the 500mb rips were bad.

But the overwhelming majority of the rips were 1-2gbs 720 or 1080 and looked perfectly fine.

>Duh! It's YIFY!

old buried KAT, sigh....

HARDWARE DECODE FOR HEVC ONLY CAME RECENTLY

MOST PEOPLE STILL RUN TOASTERS, 4K 60FPS HEVC WILL FUKUSHIMA THEIR SHIT

bc tv's player doesn't know it

Sound on most yify encodes is 96kbps which is utterly atrocious, you listened to better quality audio when downloading dodgy bootlegs on Limewire 8 years ago

>who cares about sound blah blah
Yeah, and there you go liking those pathetic facebook memes where they complain about digitally distorted explosions and undecipherably low dialogue like it's the standard in film

x264 because shit pc and use a ps4

Damn you lucky nigger, I'd kill for an invite.

what's so good about it? I use privatehd.to

From what I've seen x265 is mostly used to reencode x264 encodes to smaller filesizes and it what the yifyfags have mostly turned to.

So I never x265. It's not used by serious encoders yet, but loved by indians, romanians and other poorfags.

PrivateHD is pretty good for HD encodes and Remuxes of newer movies/shows.
But PTP has
>Quality rips
>Multiple quality choices
>Different cuts
>Perfectly organized
>Everything well seeded
>Even lesser known films
>Very fast speeds

this is stupid reasoning, like rationalizing that we don't electric cars because there is a bunch of gasoline laying around....
the industry conforms to what the public wants, and not the other way around
and besides, decoding is easy and any toaster could do, most hardware supports it

x265 looks fine in not so small files.

i've never had trouble finding lesser known films on public trackers, but they're usually not seeded well. I can't say it's worth the effort getting invite

Thanks ShAaNiG

Not from what I've seen. I'm willing to download bigger files for greater quality. Drive space is cheap now and I have fast internet.

And a seedbox.

BTN/PTP are definitely worth the effort.

If you do get in dont in anyway reveal that you browse Sup Forums because they hate 4channers and will ban whole entire invite trees if they find out you are from Sup Forums

>industry conforms to what the public wants, and not the other way around

t. not a shill.

>Not from what I've seen
the codec is only the coding technic used in something
all of them can muster good or bad quality encodes, its just a matter that x265 has better efficiency quality/size

yeah... if you are not the early eras of the internet...
mp3 its still a standard on audio format, and that's because every one started using these shits back in a day, even though we had little play compatibility
now every single player still has mp3 support while, vorbis and other arguably better formats are no where to be found

and even before we took on x264 as standard, xvid and wmv were fucking everywhere....

x265 is GOAT, lets me download 2GB films and have them actually be pretty decent quality and not have to waste my ratio on trash.

v. 10 a. 10

t. never watched a decent x265 encode

>PAYING TO PIRATE

That's true, I haven't.

If you want to save disk space, download good 480p x264 encodes and upscale them.

Because the don't exist you blind spastic.

I have never seen a 2gb x264 film that looks close to as good as the x265 equivalent.

Are you one of those "the colors are wrong!!" autists?