ITT we talk about the really good episodes of cozy scifi

I'll start

Beyond the Sea is a really good episode. You get to see Dana when's she most vulnerable and influenceable. So she assumes Mulder's role as the believer and vice versa. Solid performances all around, but especially from the psychic. And I even felt for the psychic because he was just afraid of dying.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_of_a_Kind_(The_X-Files)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The hidden in the light episode with the bug boss.

I'm currently watching meme files, and I'm at season 1 episode 10. Does this show ever start dropping in quality? There are a shit ton of episodes.

OP and i just happened to be watching that one for the first time when i read this

something something x files theme starts playing

It sure does. This might just be me, but I think it peaks around season 3 and 4. But I've kept watching cause its so campy fun

nice spooky

>meme files
kill yourself faggot

holy god gillian anderson is so cute
this gif is everything

Ikr? Like a living statue.

I made a conscious decision to write "meme files" instead of "x files" when I was constructing my post :)

>Gillian, maybe move some of those face muscles?

First two seasons are amazing. Starts to really drop season 5 imo but worth watching at least til the end of 5 so you can watch the first movie in context.

and one more

Drops hard after the season 5 finale, goes off the deep end after the season 7 finale, and is irredeemable, unwatchable trash for seasons 8 and 9.

Season 2 is definitely my favorite season. The Host, Soft Light, Blood, Sleepless, Ascension. Two shitter duds this season: Fearful Symmetry (invisible zoo animals being inseminated by aliens) and 3 (filler vampire episode to pass the time while Anderson gave birth).

>season 2
>no Die Hands Die Verletzt
Come on, man.

I really loved the episode where that guy assumed Mulder's form and almost fucked Scully, it was a nice break from the rest of the show and was quite amusing, too.

the overarching plot starts to make no fucking sense and contradicts itself with each season but its got good standoff episodes for the most part

WHAT EPISODE IS THIS TELL ME NOW

season 6 I think? Scully gets accidently drugged. It's a lone horesmen episode.

Strong episode, one of the scariest for me when I first saw it.

* lone gunmen god damnit

Definitely, one of the best ones atmosphere wise and the ending "twist" was neat. In my top 5, especially because I first seen it as a kid that was into occult similar things.

Found it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_of_a_Kind_(The_X-Files)

It's good all the way to the end but each season has one or two stinkers.

>333
>three of a kind

Any of you guys watch the X-Files' "sister shows," Millenium and The Lone Gunmen?

Check'ed.

Not worth bothering with.

Yes I really liked The Lone Gunmen, what did you think of it?

Also have you seen Dark Skies? It's an X-Files ripoff that ran for only 2 seasons but definitely worth binging. Can't believe I had never heard of it

I haven't watched it. Haven't heard of that one either, but thanks for the recommendation, my man.

Why do people claim she has aged like wine? She looked best in season 4, and went downhill after then. She looks fucking awful now

>awful
She isn't a 10/10, but far from being a 6 and lower.

yeh Megan Ward is such a qt in it, better than prime Scully.

You and I have very different taste, then, user. That pic looks like a solid 6 to me.

hey, the Burt Reynolds episode in season 9 is one of the best episodes in the show's history

>You and I have very different taste, then, user.
What else is new?

Am I the only one who loved the second movie? If it was an episode it'd be in the top 10 for me. Great character development, great atmosphere, based Billy Connolly. Just because it didn't have anything to do with "muh conspiracy" people seem to trash it

Are they doing another mini-season? I thought the 6 reboot episodes they did were all fucking shocking. It was like B movie tier acting and writing

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just looked wrong. Like some generic NCIS type of show. The original series had a really grounded and authentic vibe to it. The mini season looked like a car commercial

I liked it too, I wouldn't say I loved it. It was like a good episode for me

This was kino

I really appreciated the second film. Like going back to the good seasons.

I fucking hated amanda In this,also
>everyone aside from Scully that likes mulder either cheats on him or dies
Being mulder is suffering

Amanda was annoying but I kinda liked Xzibit actually. Thought he was a good character

>tfw they never made that show with him
I was waiting too