Remember when you were 14 and you thought this site was hilarious?

Remember when you were 14 and you thought this site was hilarious?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JMwGNRWBh9A
youtube.com/watch?v=UUhTevBnqbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

didnt linkara(?) fuck a trap

also what was kickassia it looks like shit

D A M A G E D
youtu.be/JMwGNRWBh9A

i'm 37 and I still think this is hilarious

I used to watch the nostalgia critic to learn about movies' plots I would never watch because reasons. Now it's lame ass SJW pussies and horrible skits. Hell with them.

No way half of this shit is actually true.

And I know a fair bit of TGWTG dirt.

Yeah.

That was unfortunate.

The Internet didn't exist for the public when I was 14.

Man, Some Jerk with a Camera seems relatively normal in comparison.

Year of The Spoon when?

JewWario's career went out with a bang.

shut the fuck up grandpa, nobody cares about your decrepit old ass

even at 14 i knew they were shit

This except 12 back in 2006

>Born before 1981 (Internet went public in 1995)
>Still on Sup Forums

>Remember when you were 14 and you thought this site was hilarious?
I do. I used to check the site every day.

Now Nostalgia Critic is nostalgic to me.

No. That never happened. Kill yourself underage retards.

These faces are the golden age of TGWTG.

Not really, I think I saw one of doge's videos back then and decided to never again. I'm also not autistic so that's probably why.

okay...

cause why not

take me back

>when you were 14 and

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

It was last year, is going to reimburse all those los-people who paid him to make a movie?

I liked the cool world review

I non-ironically liked Doug's early videos but always hated the rest of them except some of the Phelous and Snob stuff.
I stopped liking him before even graduating high school though, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that I grew out of it as much as his content turned to shit.

I think the problem is that their videos started out as pretty run of the mill angry person pulls bad thing apart with cherry picked clips, but as time wen t on they started insisting upon themselves with skits, cameos from other people on the site and even full-blown productions.
They took their success with shitty facecam reviews and assumed it meant they were real content creators and comedians.
Nowadays what they originally did isn't special, we've got a lot more and a lot better amateur critics on youtube and Chanel Awesome is basically just skits and cosplay performed by degenerates.
They aren't gaining new viewers they're just chugging along with their original fans that haven't abandoned them yet.

Yes. I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about their early stuff. Shit I'll have to go watch some early nostalgia critic kino sometime

This. They are stale, but will remain financially stable for the rest of their careers until retirement if they keep this up.
Same for Rooster Teeth. Kind of makes me sad

>tfw used to quote Doug all the time
>would spout "A BAT CREDIT CARD" and "Big Lipped Alligator Moment!" all the time
>dressed up as Doug for the Halloween dance even though I didn't have a date
>would run through the halls and try to wall jump and tell passersby "I'M ACTING"
>would try to convince my drama class to do Kickassia as the school play
>actually paid $50 from my Birthday to Popquiz Hotshot
just thinking about it makes me wince

Jesus fucking christ

Didn't you realize for one second how autistic you were

what the fuck

To be fair: At its best TGWTG was perfectly entertaining. I've been watching some of his older reviews recently and they still hold up well enough. They're neither incredibly funny nor incredibly insightful but they are perfectly good entertainment.

Up to his review of The Room Douge's stuff was mostly alright.

>Chanel Awesome is basically just skits and cosplay performed by degenerates.
I gotta agree with this. The old stuff was actually fun. Now it's just groan-inducing.
Some of the crap that came out of some of them after the recent election makes me not want to even look at their nonsense anymore. Also one of them is a furry or something (I think Malcolm) and I want never to support morons like that.

Other than his cringeworthy leftist twitter posts, he's a pretty cool guy.

Who are you people?

Had a fat guy in my class who was literally YOU.
The problem was i also watched that garbage and i guess i let it slip once so i had to endure him more than anyone else in the class.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

Jesus

The only people who were good on that site early on were Doug, Spoony, and Brad. Everything Doug did after The Room review is shit, Spoony is kill and has been for years, and Brad morphed into an SJW faggot over the last 3 years. So basically, that sites been dead since 2012.

Yeah, hell with Doug.
I will not forget this treachery.

Why do these threads attract so many Sup Forumstards, these threads used to be fun but now there's always a bunch of butthurt faggots complaining about someone's politics, have some self respect faggot.

I make no apologies. They drew first blood in their faggotry which is insulting to me and a lot of us. I speak for myself but I do not want to give business to people who hate me, hate what I believe in, refuse to maintain quality in their work and go left leaning and SJW on us.
You cannot separate your character and personal beliefs from your work. People will choose not to patronize your business in this hostile climate whether you go one way or another.
And besides, he SUCKS now. He's not funny and those skits are terrible. It's his own fault he's become marginalized.

the rap critic is alright though

Holy fuck tip your fedora harder you thin skinned pissbaby.

>Brad disagrees with you about your kike presidential candidate
>HURR HE A SJW WE GOTS TA HATES HIM HE NOT OUR GUY ANYMORE

Fuck you nigger. Kill yourself. Unlike you I have a brain that is capable of working above that of a one celled organism. Go ahead and don't watch his videos, literally no one cares about you, including that heeb dicksucker in the Oval Office that's cutting your NEET fat autist programs by the day. Enjoy getting a job.

Top kek cry more

They did not drew first blood, they've always sucked and we always made fun of them for sucking, just because you somehow like them and now don't just because they triggered you, it doesn't mean you have to come here and spout you politic point of view and ruin thread after thread, I don't give shit about your politic point of view and shouldn't give shit about mine, if come to these threads just to cry about how you feel betrayed, you should go someplace else because these threads were never about TGWG lovers.

>Knows I'm right
>C-C-CRY M-M-MORE! ;_;

lel fucking shameful. You are literally the other side of the SJW coin you profess to hate so much. Sad!

>these guys suck and one of them turned into a SJW
>WTF HOW FUCKING DARE YOU HOLY SHIT KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF HERE YOU FUCKING POLTARD

Stop samefagging with your retarded /veddit9kuck/ images you stupid faggot.

Calm down son.

All I'm saying is that you got super mad from very little. I guess 'triggered' would be the appropriate word.

I was 20 in 2008 when I first saw nostalgia critic. Kids can FUCK OFF

You mad?

You got triggered because a Z list Internet celebrity disagreed with your personal politics. You're literally "Offended Tumblrina: Sup Forums Edition".

You can Samefag all you want it doesn't make you any less of an embarrassment to the human race or me any less right.

Yep. U mad.

God you sound like you need Jamal to fuck you in the ass some more

>You're literally "Offended Tumblrina: Sup Forums Edition".
I know you are, but what am I?

When I was 14, we were all about newgrounds, ebaumsworld and homestarrunner.

Honestly, that guy needs to update his camera and lighting setup. He would've been 10x subscribers if he improved this. His setup is still stuck in 2008

Epic. Simply epic. Be sure to check your foreskin at the door when you go to your next offended pissbabies meeting.

>They drew first blood

I can't stop laughing at this. Holy fuck how embarrassing.

I do, I thought this website was the shit from junior year to junior year in college. Then I got tired of it and I noticed that reviewers were leaving or had infrequent video uploading.

remember when you were 25 and one of your main hobbies was hanging around a shitty stream of these totally irrelevant people where you make fun of them with the closest thing you have to friends while all you can think about is drinking yourself to death?

What's this weird obsession with this cartoon? He's like Chris-chan, but with Avatar instead of Sonic

His early material from 07-09 is bearable, but not as watchable as I remember it being. Even then his autistic screeching was annoying, but I did like it when he calmed down and just talked about the movie. The skits and "memes" like big lipped alligator moment or him shooting the gun are terrible though. These days it is unwatchable.

Like James Rolfe he's at his best when he's himself and just talking about films without trying to play a character. Rolfe is much better though.

Honestly? I miss those times

You can really tell someone's mad when they write stuff like "I can't stop laughing".

>AVGN can't get past a ninja turtles level
>because you have to walk over a gap rather then jump

lol epic

I know, right? Haven't seen someone this ass-blasted in a while.

Jesus, I had already dropped out of college then.

Can someone give me a rundown on these guys? I never found their stuff real intersting but the internet seemed to love them.

see they were basically just the cynical amateur "reviewers" who would show clips and make fun of garbage, usually spawning a few memes here and there.
This was before Youtube really blew up as a way to make money AVGN and Nostalgia Critic were hosted on different streaming hosts and made money off advertising, merch and DVDs.
Their draw was the idea of uncensored, juvenile, community driven content which was novel at the time, and they had very little in the way of competition.

I think he watched it really late into his adulthood. He did some sort of Vlog for every episode of Avatar, no idea what that was really all about.

Not even 20 seconds in and I've already dropped it.
Is this a thinly veiled Cringe thread or what?

Season 3 when?

>Rachel found a Sup Forums thread about licking her asshole and feet

I wouldn't even be that bad if it was some cartoon he was watching since he was a kid but he picked Avatar up when he was like 40

I don't like the kind of people these threads bring to the board. I think you should have these discussions elsewhere.
This thread should have been pruned hours ago, but some turbosperg keeps bumping it.

>TGWTG was perfectly entertaining.
This has never, ever happened.

Reminder that American tax payers gave Dougie money

youtube.com/watch?v=UUhTevBnqbE

>getting hired because of your shitty impressions
>doug is probably oblivious that they're mocking him

JUST

Do you think he realises that the point of the ad is that his impressions are terrible and not funny?

Anyone else want to fuck trans Jesuotaku?

no

>was getting caught part of your plan?
Every time

Hell yes!

>[current year]
>still use LEL U MAD
Fuck

>This is true because someone posted it on Sup Forums and made a screencap collage
Jesus,this is almost as cringey as those trannies rumor about Sam Hyde

How new are you?

Did you know that Trump drink piss.It's true because someone tweeted about it
>he believe everything he read on the Internet

Spoony?