Sam Hyde, comedy without borders

Is Sam Hyde our greatest living comedian? His avant-garde style doesn't just push the boundaries of what is generally acceptable in contemporary culture, it completely obliterates any such notion of "the line". I've heard him described as a "modern day Andy Kaufman", but as someone who was old enough to appreciate Kaufman's art within the cultural context in which he lived, I would say that Sam Hyde takes it to an entirely new level. It would be a lot more accurate to compare the vast divide between, say, Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper to Hyde and Kaufman.

It is obvious to me that Hyde is taking a lot more risks than anyone else in the comedy world these days. I can't think of anyone who is doing anything that even comes close to his brand of edgy comedy. I know it is hip now to be critical of edginess, to silence offensive humor, and to foster a homogeneous (and boring) comedic landscape that hurts no feelings and pushes no buttons; but that is going to be a disaster for those of us that value free expression and creativity.

I don't know if Sam will ever get the recognition he deserves. If he does, it may very well be long after his death.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gX6SZbX_s5A
youtube.com/watch?v=RdUxDoy5m3o
youtube.com/watch?v=RPfx_jFZQuI
youtu.be/3RJuertVRRE?t=117
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know if this is pasta, but either way you're looking too deep into it. Sometimes things are just funny.

Not pasta, just some thoughts I've had ever since his show got axed and the recent political witch-hunting that has been going on ever since the Trump phenomenon started.

I agree, sometimes things are just funny, but I'm speaking to the context and everything surrounding it.

any recommendations for comedy these days other than MDE?

im not even gonna read that but sam hyde is pretty funny and ill always support him

Sam, this is just getting sad.

I hope we get some good memes this summer. Pretty sad when summertime is our last hope for memes, though, but here we are.

>dude cynical numale
shit is rick and morty tier for how reddit it is.

Quads of truth.

digits maaate

Sam Hyde is the Lenny Bruce of our generation

I refuse to believe the person who wrote this was born before 1999.

>greatest living comedian
>literally just alt-right and Sup Forumstier punchlines
>got cucked HARD by adultswim
>"LMAO IDGAF XDDD"
>cries on skype blaming random dudes

Pathetic

Sick neo-spiritual quads, brah. Namaste.

Sam, look. You had your chance but the stars just weren't aligned. This is getting cringey and best if you move on to other things.

There was a rumor he had sex with an m2f tranny. If that's true then no, he's not and will never be "our greatest living comedian"

>tfw Charls is doing Bombstrap so I can get the same MDE goodness without solo videos of Sam going on weird rants about single moms or the benefit state

don't post this shit some people actually believe what they read

So far all of the videos on Bombstrap apart from 100% Taxes have been 100% Kino

its weird because i feel like theyre not even similar types of comedy yet still hit the same demographic

Yeah? So what? People who think that anyone under the age of 21 is incapable of rational thought are scum.

I am a huge supporter of Sam. I think MDE videos have great production and writing. But Sam is not even close to other professional comedians. Compare this stand-up set that he did and the one that inspired it. It is pretty obvious that there is a large gulf between him and pros.

youtube.com/watch?v=gX6SZbX_s5A

youtube.com/watch?v=RdUxDoy5m3o

sam hasnt even done anything for a month

thanks boobiiii

what about Eddie Murphy? he is still highly praised

eddie murphy aint no alt-right living meme who keeps joking about how trannies are mentally ill even tho he enjoys fucking em

He's a faggot and I'll keep thinking he's a faggot until you stop making these threads.

> who keeps joking about how trannies are mentally ill even tho he enjoys fucking em

Go watch Raw

Sam is great but something about his show didnt make me laugh once

literally filthy frank but for people with only one extra chromosome instead of two

well say all you want but after his incident he damn near dropped off the face of the earth only coming out to do shitty senpai coms.

In Hydes defense he does push buttons and no one is on the political comedy hype train like he is.

t. Sam

Eddie is a liberal, he doesn't actually believe in what he says, it's just satire, irony and jokes.
Sam is the embodiment of the alt-right and believe in every edgy shit he mentions, eventually using le ironic tatic when shit hits the fan. That's the main difference, not that I care about any of em to begin with anyway.

its better to be thought of as a faggot than not thought of at all

i dont give a fuck if sam fuck trannies. i dont give a fuck if sam thinks whites are the only one worthy of breeding on american soil. i just like the way he taps in to neckbeard Sup Forums comedy

youtube.com/watch?v=RPfx_jFZQuI

sent to this to several normies and they thought it was funny

That's just plain false though. Eddie stood by much of what he said, including the fact he regularly expressed disgust for 'faggots' as he regularly called them in his skits.

this video is music to me

Stand up is gay, boring and dated.

>Yeah? So what? People who think that anyone under the age of 21 is incapable of rational thought are scum.
Practically everyone under 25 or so years of age is a fucking retard.

People forget that open dislike/disgust of homosexuality was perfectly fine until like early 2000s.

This is LITERALLY the current left's standard of rebuttal.

Enjoy Trump 2020 faggot.

>I don't know if Sam will ever get the recognition he deserves
Sam will be recognized as Nikki Blonsky 2.0

What? Eddie Murphy literally did sets about how faggots made him sick

That is fucking pathetic.

uncensored World Peace bumps when?

Yeah you're right, Tim

Sam is funny. What I don't get is how anyone discovered him. His videos average like 50k views.

How did he land on tv at all? What is reality even?

youre drunk sam. go home.

youtu.be/3RJuertVRRE?t=117
1:57 for the layman

Samuel Hyde btfo and left speechless. you'd think a comedy mastermind such as Sam would have some sort of comeback, or a way to roll with the punches. ANYTHING besides a sheepish "alright"

This. I liked the show's tone and general aesthetic but I didn't think any of the jokes were funny. And the "jews rock" was obviously just them trying to be edgy. They could have done a song about jews or subtle skit but it was just a weird video of children dancing. Sam hasn't uploaded a video in a month I might unsubscribe.

sam is not funny to me. i guess I don't "get" him. all he ever seems to do is try to be a carbon copy of absurdist "comedians" like eric andre or even guys like tom green had done it to death a long time ago. he goes out in public and does stupid shit and gets it on camera aka the lowest form of comedy. the other range of his comedic talents seems to be to making fun of SJWs, which is really the lowest hanging fruit possible and already done by thousands of other youtubers and shitposters alround the world. As for his show, let's be honest; it was a tim and eric knockoff meets Sup Forums. not only was it not funny, there was no subtlety to it's hamfisted themes at all. And sam himself, I feel bad for him because he and friends have been known to be the ones who post these MDE threads and shill themselves shamelessly across the internet unsuccessfully.

Sam, it's not that we don't like you, it's just that you're not funny.

>And sam himself, I feel bad for him because he and friends have been known to be the ones who post these MDE threads and shill themselves shamelessly across the internet unsuccessfully.

>Is Sam Hyde our greatest living comedian?
He's a comedian? I thought comedians were supposed to be funny. He's about as funny as getting kicked in the gums.

OP samefagging something fierce on the thread, tbqh lads.

who even has the motivation to do this except sam himself or one of his personal lackies? SAD!

Sam how exists only to serve as a cautionary tale for prospective comedians and television actors.

Things I learned from Sam Hyde
1.) Don't pander to a tiny demographic (Sup Forums) while alienating much larger demographics
2.) Don't act like a jackass around executives and people who have the power to blacklist you.
3.) Don't shittalk your friends, who worked just as hard as you to land a tv show, behind their back when you have a meeting with those executives and people who can blacklist you
4.) Don't pitch something as generic as a chat show to those same executives and people who can blacklist you when you haven't even proven yourself worthy of a second season for your current project
5.) Be grateful
6.) Don't double down on the racism and antisemitism, especially when not only your career but your friends careers are also on the line
7.) Don't misconstrue "passive observance" with "active undermining". Tim Heidecker put up with a lot of shit from the rabid 14 year old MDE fans who thought Tim was trying to get World Peace canceled, when all Tim said in response to people complaining about World peace was "if you don't like the show, write their sponsors". That's a generic piece of advice for anyone who doesn't like a television show. Tim's response was very restrained considering the actual death threats and constant shitting on that he received.
8.) Learn to recognize your failures. Don't blame others (Globalists, Leftists, Jews, Tim Heidecker, etc) for them. Take responsibility for your mistakes.

Now Charls and Nick are fairly pissed at Sam, and I don't blame them. The three now live several states apart from each other, and they're all doing their own thing. Sam's fuckup not only cost him his comedic career but the comedic careers of Charls and Nick. At least Nick has an actual business and health insurance to fall back on.