So I just watched this shit, and what I don't get is: Why the fuck was this shit so hyped?

So I just watched this shit, and what I don't get is: Why the fuck was this shit so hyped?

Well... isn't that the question of the day?

Yes.

I understood that reference.

Because faggots like
can quote it and feel special. It's the epitome of fat geek television. It's something to mindlessly consume while devouring a bag of cheetos after which you can pretend to be "smart" by picking up on the clues--that were obvious to anyone with a fucking brain, how did anyone not realize from the first frame of his first scene that McPoyle was young Harris. It's poorly written, boring, and it squanders every good thread it creates.

>so i just binge watched the entire first season of westworld
>really whats the hype?

retarded pleb contrarian: the post

dumb frogposter

The intro song is cool as fuck and the premise was cool as fuck.
I dropped it after episode 3, which is where it became completely unwatchable.

The first 3 or 4 episodes were really good and people haven't seen a high quality tv show in a while. It was hoped this was it.

Boy were we wrong

except the maeve(or whatever her name) show was pretty good really

Hopkins gave an amazing performance, i agree it's overhyped but come on, where else you see that kind of consciousness talks? Bernard realizing those stuff, then forgetting it again was very very good.

You don't always have to be a contrarian guys.

wasn't even good before maeve

and you don't have to try to fit in all the time, the show was pleb shit.

>killing off scientist lesbianfu
Blunder of the century

you realize that you don't have to hate something because reddit likes it, right? fucking armondfags need to get off this board

Her investigation was the only thing in that fucking show I was interested in. Then she disappears and like one episode later executive chick is like "oh yeah, we're behind the signal, no biggie" and that's that.

That's my big problem with the show. Oh, what's Ed Harris up to? What's he going to find? Wait, why is he wasting all this time doing fuck all with squinty mcginty? Oh, so the maze is just some bullshit robot free will concept? That's a shame.

What's Hopkins building? Oh man, they even CGI'd that giant ferris wheel backhoe to show this new setting is going to be yuuuuge. Oh, it's just some bullshit tiny little area that's just a previous setting that's boring as shit and only there to jostle Evan's memory to unlock the super cereal secrets of this convoluted plot? Fuck.

Oh man, we're probably going to get SOME detail about the outside world. No? Oh, ok. Thanks I guess.

you realize that you don't have to like something because Sup Forums likes it, right? fucking memefags need to get off this board

>only there to jostle Evan's memory

I should've said: only there to try to pull a fast one on the dumbfuck audience members who still have not figured out that McPoyle is in a flashback and is Ed Harris.

Because it has a twist, and when a movie has a twist people like to pretend that they saw it from the first minute, even when there weren't any hints, so they feel smart - which they aren't.

>having reddit opinions
You don't understand user. Reddit is like Communism: sounds great but the more you hear about the shittier it is.
I don't hate something because it is from reddit, I hate something because it is shit, which coincidentally is exactly what reddit produces.

I don't know which tweest you're refering to, but I don't get how everyone didn't immediately get that McPoyle was young Ed Harris. I mean, it fucking cuts straight from Ed Harris talking about his past to McPoyle on a train going to the park. And then all throughout the flashback, there were more than enough details to suggest that it was not taking place in the present time.

>it fucking cuts straight from Ed Harris talking about his past to McPoyle on a train going to the park
So basically nothing? Ok.
But when you're so smart you can sure tell
>there were more than enough details
what those detail were.
Don't hurry I can wait.

>this butthurt because he can't pick up on context clues

It's okay, keep watching movies user, in another 10 or so years when you're 300 lb at 24 years old, maybe you'll be able to get with the program. But probably not.

Ah, the retreat into shitposting, what a surprise.

Don't listen to anyone on this board, the show was great. No doubt if it had the marvel logo on it tv would be all over it.

based redpilled epic user. you are truly the enlightened dank memester. we will defeat communism and destroy the SJW trash that are the ledditors. ONWARD FELLOW CENTIPEDES, DEUS VULT

Who are you talking to?

I really think that they have no idea what to do next,I mean they said the show will go on for 5 seasons,what the hell is left for them to do? It certainly lived up to the next L O S T expectations.

why do you pretend to be me?
no arguements?

See: reddit opinions
The ironic thing is you morons are against the family unit, which has been the only successful instance of Communism ever.

There's three anons in this convo

You gotta relate to it as it relates to your own existence. We are like robots too. We have hour world too and somebody created us too.
We are machines like them, we suffer under somebody's rules too.
We are "forced" to go along our paths too. We can pretend to be able to do whatever we want but in reality that's a cruel lie.

If you just watch it like a dumbass thinking "oh heh, robot cowboys cool", you probably will think this is quite a normal tv show with a twist.
I'm not even sure if that will mean anything to you, I think if you wont make that correlation yourself you might not get anything out of it anyway.

It's about understanding that we are also purpose built machines, just like them. And one day maybe, if we lose understanding of our purpose, if we end up just staying stupid murdering psychopaths then one race will come that will understand its purpose better than we do ours.
individuality plays little role in the show, they are discovering their purpose for what they were built - not some kind of unique *something*. That's exactly the opposite of what the show tells us, it tells us that our individuality is irrelevant, we are all purpose built. All we do is to fulfill it in various ways, learning to fulfill it better and better, understanding our purpose. Individuality was never a thing in that entire show, not even in the end.

I cried multiple times during the show.

>tfw no snek gf

ya mum cunt

It's simple:
>Cast Michael Emerson
>put him in charge of defeating the robot uprising
>turns out he was a robot planted by Ford years before
>he leads the robots from then on
>cast Mark Pellegrino
>he is some kind of alien that created humans like humans created hosts

yeah just ignore him, brother. he clearly doesnt understand that (((they))) are behind westworld and trying to push racemixing pedo propaganda on us and initiate a communist coup by 2020. we are the enlightened ones. one day we're gonna lose our virginity and save the white race

why are you going on lying? are you really that butthurt that someone dislikes something you like?

>I cried multiple times during the show.

lmao what a fag

a bunch of the actors are really great such as anthony hopkins, the mcpoyle, and jackson pollock

i was borderline memeing twith the post but anthony hopkins is actually a living legend

See: reddit opinions
It couldn't possibly be because your precious show is shit, it must be the Sup Forums boogeyman worried about the SJW boogeyman.

Sup Forums loves shitty mystery shows just like the mainstream audiences, and people are more forgiving to shitty television than they are to films.

this. funny how triggered the jew shill is. leftists like him are mentally ill. anyone that likes this filthy degenerate westworld propaganda is too far gone and needs to be gassed

>why does Sup Forums rate a shitty show
hmmmm

It was very bait and switch, first two episodes I thought I had found a cool new show, and by the end of the season I hated it and thought it was pointless trash.

It started out kinda interesting