Is it possible for a movie to be free from ideology?

is it possible for a movie to be free from ideology?

What's the ideology in the movie Drive?

patriarchal violence
autism

all movies are free of ideology, it's just impossible for people not to project their own worldview onto them. There are arguments over whether zootopia was redpilled or not.

>it's just impossible for people not to project their own worldview onto them
>movies are work of people (creators)
>therefore movies aren't free of ideology

the Hagakure obviously

Ofcourse it can, if I take a guitar, make some interesting chord progression and whistle over it, what is my political agenda behind it?

>autistically bash a man's face in with your heel
>warrior
Pretty sure it was mental illness.

Nah, you're just a pacifist sheep.

Death of the Author

The creator of the work will certainly have an ideological interpretation of it, but that's not necessarily the right one or the objective truth of the matter.

30 Days of Night.

>sniff

Wanting to be free from ideology is an ideology

That movie where Lisa Ann was the lifeguard and she told that guy that there was a shark in the bath tub and then they had sex. That was a good movie.

>Death of the Author
that doesn't mean what you think it means
the dichotomies and dialectic (or lack thereof) are still there. no story is free of subtext

Yes.
What kind of question is that desu?

>Yes
Name a single relatively well-known (so more people can engage in discussion) movie that has absolutely no ideology

triumph of the will

liberal sex-positivity

Why would you even want a movie without ideology? What's the point?

Chopstick hat boat, I can toss words together for no reason, too.

Trash Humpers... maybe some other surreal attempts that bypass the prefontal cortex and assault the hippocampus and pineal gland directly.

jackass

You could get a rich ideological reading out of a scene where a character is trying to initiate sex by insisting that there must be a shark in an indoors bathtub.

Fuck the world, it's my plaything? My body is a toy to abuse? Good lord, man, get woke.

>trying to initiate sex by
Juxtaposition does not imply causality, fuck face.

No. Movies are inherently a form of propaganda.

if jews didnt make it maybe

What about cinema?

I haven't seen it desu

>eh-
>eh-
>eh-

*tucks shirt*
*rubs nose*

I fucking love this guy

No. And ideology doesn't necessarily pertain to politics. Also, being devoid of ideology is not something an author should strive for.

yes but only if you do more cocaine

cocaine is the true path to communism

the dr sniffles approved way

>everything i dont like is ideology
wow what a contribution to the field

Montage by definition creates ideology.

>strawman

>two redditors

No, Continentals are on /lit/ while analytics are in philosophy and mathematics departments.

fuck that gave me a good laugh

what did he mean by this

Wanting to be healthy, in other words free of disease, is a disease.

>thinks you can be free of ideology
>equating ideology to a disease
dumb. wrong. sad. fake news.

WHENCE THE POSSIBILITY OF AN IDEOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF DISNEYLAND (L. MARIN DID IT VERY WELL IN UTOPIQUES, JEUX D'ESPACE [UTOPIAS, PLAY OF SPACE]): DIGEST OF THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE, PANEGYRIC OF AMERICAN VALUES, IDEALIZED TRANSPOSITION OF A CONTRADICTORY REALITY. CERTAINLY. BUT THIS MASKS SOMETHING ELSE AND THIS "IDEOLOGICAL" BLANKET FUNCTIONS AS A COVER FOR A SIMULATION OF THE THIRD ORDER: DISNEYLAND EXISTS IN ORDER TO HIDE THAT IT IS THE "REAL" COUNTRY, ALL OF "REAL" AMERICA THAT IS DISNEYLAND (A BIT LIKE PRISONS ARE THERE TO HIDE THAT IT IS THE SOCIAL IN ITS ENTIRETY, IN ITS BANAL OMNIPRESENCE, THAT IS CARCERAL). DISNEYLAND IS PRESENTED AS IMAGINARY IN ORDER TO MAKE US BELIEVE THAT THE REST IS REAL, WHEREAS ALL OF LOS ANGELES AND THE AMERICA THAT SURROUNDS IT ARE NO LONGER REAL, BUT BELONG TO THE HYPERREAL ORDER AND TO THE ORDER OF SIMULATION. IT IS NO LONGER A QUESTION OF A FALSE REPRESENTATION OF REALITY (IDEOLOGY) BUT OF CONCEALING THE FACT THAT THE REAL IS NO LONGER REAL, AND THUS OF SAVING THE REALITY PRINCIPLE.

Analytical philosophy is worthless.