So... how about that Valhalla Rising?

So... how about that Valhalla Rising?

I had no idea what was going on

pretty boring tbqh

it's a pretty empty film. I just wish there was more stuff going on. It's looks amazing and is mildly interesting the whole way through but it never reaches it's potential. It could have been like a viking apocalypse now with more horror and spiritualism

I watched until the boat and fell asleep.
In the movie's defense I was very tired.

I really liked the photography, but sometimes kino is not enough to keep you awake.

My main problem with these movies with "old" settings is that I keep thinking about how bad people smell and stupid shit like that.

Modern day movies = superior

works better than ambien for insomnia, not even joking

great visuals, very atmospheric, interesting setting, splendid camerwork and Mikkelsen are all a big fat plus. Too bad it's really fucking boring and when shit seems to go down, the film is over.

Still my favorite Refn, but kinda of Lynchish where some people won't find enough elements to hold on to.

>My main problem with these movies with "old" settings is that I keep thinking about how bad people smell and stupid shit like that.
Haha, I thought I was the only one.

dude let's do a shittier remake of Aguirre lmao

the wrath of autism

First act had incredible atmosphre and I wished it was more about him trying to escape his captors or something.

Boat act was boring shit.

Third act was unnecessary artsy crap.

like no country for old men i found it incredibly boring on the first watch and was confused/dissapointed by the ending; nevertheless i was somehow intrigued
By the second watch i really enjoyed both movies. I can't put in words what makes it good for me; it's just the feeling/the vibe it gives

1, Boat, 3. An interesting method of counting you have there.

Pretty much this

I wasn't counting, I just couldn't come up with appropriate act titles.

>Lynchish

How?

like watching paint dry

I know, I just wanted to poke fun at you.

Everything that is boring and makes no sense
Basically boringkino.

Just fat people enjoying the fact that they brain washed to think they're enjoying something because others can't enjoy it.

Nordic Afro Samurai except far less interesting

Fuckin refn

I find a lot of things are enhanced by a second watch. The first time you watch something you may have certain expectations and then be disappointed when your expectations are not met, but the second time you know what's going to happen and you can better appreciate why it happens, or at least why it works for you.

Primal, violent, and hateful. Feels deep down

You must suck at history.

Super dull and boring. The ending was utter shit too

Jesus is always depicted as brown haired. Always

i imagine itd be a cross between smoke and BO considering they all had open fires inside

I'll have two number 9's, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45's, one with cheese, and a large soda.

It's my favorite Refn, but I was irrationally bothered by the CGI blood