Is this the most boring taste in the world?

Is this the most boring taste in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ylFzJ3wRgHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like you're the most boring taste in the world

Gatsby and Zelda are great

They just fell on the got to popular then it's bad meme

Pink Floyd and Shawshank are shit tho

Change the music to Queen and the book to To Kill A Mockingbird then you've got it

i played Zelda Ocarina of Time for the first time about 5 years ago on an emulator and holy shit it's so fucking overrated

all the nintendo fanboys need to take off their nostalgia goggles

Citizen Kane
Beatles
Shakespeare (Hamlet probably)
Super Mario Bros or Tetris

Personally I wouldn't put Great Gatsby there, even though I enjoyed the book. The rest is absolute god-tier, and being a contrarian edgelord won't change that fact.

my negro

No the average normie loves pink Floyd. Its babies first ""cool"" band.

> Super Mario Bros
You shouldn't considered to be a part of human being.

Its the go to 'favourite' game

it's not a matter of whether the stuff is god-tier or not. it just shows a very basic and surface-level interest in each medium. I like The Great Gatsby, but if someone told me it was their favorite novel, 99% of the time I'm going to assume that they haven't read a book since high school.

said nobody ever

I don't read much, what does it say about me if my favorite book is East Of Eden?

>The rest is absolute god-tier

Stop.

Pulp fictions
Coldplay
Harry Potter
FIFA

shawshank redemption is not god tier. It's on made for tv level

you autists really think you can just sneak video games on there like it's a respected art like cinema, literature and music?

Why do you think the chart has anything to do with art?

awww.

it's me in high school!

>here's your (You)

having a "favorite" anything just seems pretentious. sometimes you're in the mood for something and other times you find that you will hate something until you are older. we will never evolve into the next dimension with this kind of base thinking.

Citizen Kane
Sgt. Peppers
Catcher In the Rye
Vice City

>cinema
>respected art

Scarface
Queen
Comics
CoD 4
Bonus: Breaking Bad

Videogames are officially art since Naughty Dog defined the artistic standards of the medium with The Last of Us.

Dark Souls is a work of art.

Nintendo 64 in general is pretty awful. I know it was the first generation of 3d games, but every game has horrible camera angles, awful controls and huge game-breaking glitches.

I wish we were back to pre PC release DS fanbase

>Is this the most boring taste in the world?
Normies don't like Pink Floyd anymore. Maybe they used to. Average would be something like Coldplay. Maybe the Beatles.

>Amadeus
>HOOM
>Moby Dick
>games

Nah, the japs make their videogames like toys with barely any story/cinematics/voice acting (Kojima is an exception)
Pic related has actual artistic value.

>Normies don't like Pink Floyd
The fact that children in this thread have called dark side God tier proves the opposite

You talkin shit about The Shank?

>Nah, the japs make their videogames like toys with barely any story/cinematics/voice acting

Well DSouls has an incredible story, a ton of high quality voice acting, and the cinematics are brief and intensely powerful.

I mean watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=ylFzJ3wRgHw

It's so archetypal, so intensely mythological in a way that feels simultaneously original and clever while also deeply familiar.

Nothing with that second half can be called a work of art.

Just made this

these are mine

Ironically, the repetition and reuse of the last act hammers in the central narrative of the games, which is about futility and the cyclical nature of existence.

The story is not incredible, it's just a decent story very well told.

literally only Sup Forumsshits care about stupid shit like that
kys pls

>o brother where art thou

It's also just rushed and not enjoyable. The first half handled its theme and gameplay well when the second half fell apart in the latter regard.

steinbeck was a communist hack
enjoy your propaganda

where did you get the idea it's supposed to be enjoyable?

take that back

I more mean it that they didn't post it every fucking where and wish everything was like it

thanks

There isn't any voice acting here. Only a narrator reading his text. The characters don't say anything, remove the gritty look and it looks like a tale for children. It looks cheap compared to actual scriptwriters work like in Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us

steinbeck was a communist
I don't know if he was a hack I only read a quarter of the grapes of wrath and dropped it for some harry potter

Because the first half of the game is enjoyable, as is every other game by Miyazaki and the second half is blatantly rushed. The only extent tow which DaS is not supposed to be enjoyable is that the difficulty is supposed to reflect how hard it is to live in that world. If the game had a lot of bosses liek Maiden Astraea or King Allant, I would believe that it's not supposed to be enjoyable, but it doesn't have anything like that. It just has boring small areas with bosses that aren't satisfying from a gameplay or thematic standpoint.

By To Kill a Mockingbird you mean Catcher in the Rye, right?

How much of a plebeian am I?

>mfw realizing that OoT cover makes absolutely no sense considering Link is left-handed

What?
For me it's the complete opposite.

Japanese Games are all a piece of art.
Western Games are just tech demos.

What are th criteria for something being boring. Just thats it the typical popular thing or its something thats good but people overrated

He's a retard. Video games are not mediums of story telling. They are mediums of gameplay mechanics. You don't call a game of chess or poker a "work of art." Video games are not art.

I would call carefully carved chess pieces art, the pictures on the cards art

i wasn't talking about the voice acting in that cinematic, just the game generally, though the narrator does a great job.

>remove the gritty look and it looks like a tale for children

maybe that's because creation myths and archetypal mythology are often retold as fairy tales. the fact that you view something the Dark Souls opening as something for children is indicative of a general lack of knowledge of mythology and religion.

>It looks cheap compared to actual scriptwriters work like in Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us

I don't know about Zero Dawn but the fact that you have such a high view of the Last of Us means we're probably not going to reach an agreement here.

In real life it's a trick used in a lot of videogames to hide the lack of content. But souls autists only play souls games so they wouldn't know.

I hope that race mixing whore got brain damage.

These are normie levels. OP is showing people who would consider themselves "cultured" or patrician.

>Video games are not mediums of story telling.

I disagree. Some creators elevate the medium like Naughty Dog, Rockstar, Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, David Cage.
Not the japs though since they make their videogames like toys.

grapes was about the devils of capitalism, but nowhere does it advocate communism

its a very depressing book though.

Harry potter is just toilet paper and not meant for adults

What if art is not a category, but it's about quality.
Then everything can be art. And everything can also not be art.

Well read his wikipedia page. He was part of the communist party and literally advocated for communism in his life. His work is stained by it.

"elevate the medium"
"TLoU and GTAV are good video games"
everything wrong with modern gaming right here. the games that will be remembered are the games with fun gameplay, that's it.

Just because the gameplay of japanese games is more refined, doesn't mean that it's a toy and not beautiful.

Is Shadow of the Colossus a toy?

Mad Max
Lamb of God - Wrath
Catch .22
call of Duty 4: modern warfare

The original game is good as babby's first adventure game. Master quest is more patrician but still pretty easy.

It's just a fun simple game for people that aren't too serious about gaming. I hope my kids will play it when they're 8 or something.

That was blatant bait, user.

i didnt know that, thanks

imo communism can never work because humans are selfish by nature and flawed

i dont see why you should drop reading it cos of that. Isnt that the whole point of reading, to gain different perspectives...if your world view is sound, you shouldn't be afraid of any material that can challenge it

>race mixing whore
>implying she didn't already have brain damage

>muh gameplay

kek don't you see no one give a shit about japanese gaming anymore? Look at the sales no one play them anymore. People who want to play videogames toys get them for free on smartphones. The japs are outdated and don't have the budget to make any game changer. Naughty Dog is 500 employees. Could you name one japanese studio of this size? Nope you can't because there isn't any because no one believe in japs shit anymore.

That's fine. I watched the Grapes of Wrath movie though and was shocked by how cruel the capitalist farmers were, so I immediately read his wikipedia page because I thought it was based on a true story but it wasn't. That's when I started thinking it was anti capitalist propaganda and actually he wasn't PART of the communist part but he was a hard lefty and took trips to soviet union and talked with lots of communist authors so he was in that group. I don't know if times were ever really that hard like how The Grapes of Wrath describes. I know the dust bowl must have been hell but I don't think humanity was ever as depraved as the book describes the california farmers. But I will never know because everyone has biases and nobody tells the truth.

Didn't a new zelda game just camed out? I don't know i heard it was shit and god bad reviews maybe... fuck games anyway tb h

The only n64 game I've ever enjoyed is super Mario 64, and the camera in that is pretty bad too. All the games that are considered classics are all fucking terrible or there were better alternatives at the time. For example, redditors and nostalgia babies all love Mario kart 64, even though crash team racing is better in literally every way.

>Japanese Games are all a piece of art.

yes, 'Hentai Lolicon Maid Master Extreme VIII' is really a work of art

>camed

>god bad

but yes, a new Zelda game did come out, and it's getting great reviews. several different publications called it one of the greatest games of all time.

How many employees does nintendope have? I bet it's like 8 lol

The PS1 was as bad as the N64 for 3D games. It's cool to hate Nintendo now because Sony is a juggernaut that crush them with their big wallet but sonyggers need to remove their nostalgia goggles.

You're trying awfully hard.

This stupid nigger misspelled diddy kong racing.

New Vegas is written better than most novels
it just isn't considered art because it's a new medium

Wasn't sure whether to put this or Witcher 3's DLC's, which are better "games", but worse uses of the medium.

I assume you aren't too interested in any of these hobbies?

>people like OOT better than MM

utter mess

Too bad bethesda's engine looks and feels like shit. Running the game at anything higher than 60fps causes massive physics bugs. How does that even happen? Massive incompetence.

>trying this hard

Ubisoft has 9000
We don't know officially about the Playstation division but people estimate it's around 20 000 (with only 500 employees in Japan)
Just to give you an idea about how the japanese industry is dead in the water.

>people like a dungeon game with better dungeons

hahaha wow dude, this shit is bugged

get on my level, noobs

pretty much.

>dungeon game

OK taste in movies and books, but OoT and Metalica are entry level as fuck

is that a vaporwave album or something? I hope that's ironic. No one should bother listening to any music other than 18th and 19th century composers + bach imho. Nothing compares in skill and beauty. Rock music is so garbage and will never compete to music written for and funded by literal kings.

I agree, but it's greatly hindered by how blatantly unfinished it is, as well as the shitty Bethesda engine. Fallout 1, and arguably 2, are better written than most novels as well.

I don't have a single favorite in any medium, but these are some of my favorites.

>implying visual novels are games

>it just isn't considered art because it's a new medium

But, that's not how art works.