youtu.be/DdCYMvaUcrA
youtube.com/watch?v=GFf9ayiEvxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4. Ohio State

There's nothing you can do about it.

>Theres nothing you can do about it.

Georgia BTFO

Georgia Tech IRRELEVANT

"I hope the committee considers out entire body of work and not the fact that while other teams were playing for their conference championships, our last win was against >mercer"

what did he mean by this?

He means they also beat Fresno State, some 6-6 team and some faggots who lost to Troy.

Maybe Bama.

He's banking on the Iowa loss erasing Ohio State's two top-10 wins and conference championship.

Mercer is a team I didn't even know existed until Bama played them.

>Puts a team on the map by destroying them
That cinches it. Bama's in.

In a just world:
4. USC
In the real world:
4. Alabama

In a dark world:
Ohio State

youtu.be/3jjcyfGlvxE
youtu.be/DdCYMvaUcrA

>this is a retarded idea and I should be ashamed to even think of this
>but hear me out

Hold a Ohio vs Bama game to decide who would move on..
Essentially gives both teams a fair chance

>you can laugh at me now, I understand the league doesn’t work like that... just a random thought

Turf repair guy is the real MVP

LEAKED OFFICIAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF RANKINGS

1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. Alabama
4. Auburn

5. Oklahoma
6. USC
7. Miami
8. Ohio State
9. UCF
10. Wisconsin

Why can't we just make Bama and Ohio St. play each other for it in 2 weeks?

It'll come to that within the next few years. The playoff is inevitably going to 8 teams.

>Miami ranked above Penn St
Go home, The Rock, you're drunk

Clemson
Oklahoma
UCF
Georgia

I remember when Nebraska was good. Now they're just any other speed bump.

hahaha you're dumb

>Ohio vs Bama
>inb4 Bama actually loses against Ohio

Does the selection show show the playoff members first thing at 12, or drag it out until 12:58 or whatever? I can't remember what they do

Justify why Alabama is more deserving of a playoff spot than Wisconsin without relying on bama "name brand" power

better win, though bama shouldn't get in.

From 2 years ago top 4 revealed at around 28 minute mark
youtube.com/watch?v=GFf9ayiEvxk

>separate P5 and G5 conferences completely
>P5 can only play P5
>G5 can only play G5
>no FCS allowed
>only P5 allowed in playoffs
>five G5 champions get promoted to P5
>worst P5 team in each conference gets relegated
There I just save college football

>G5 teams never actually reach P5 level because they get relegated first year up
>Teams lose revenue because of lack of G5 exposure
>Teams start hemorrhaging even more money
>Literally only ~6 programs can run football programs for a profit
>Whole system collapses
Wow thanks

nah
this post got it right , and is probably realistically what we'll see if the playoff is expanded to eight. just depends on whether they include the one G5 team

This is retarded you cunt

Ohio State won't get in they won't evem be top 5, Auburn will still be ranked higher than them

Do people really think Ohio State is going to jump from #8 to #4 by beating a #4 team?

Bama #4
Auburn #5
tOSU #6

Literally the opposite order.

>there are actually retards who don't think USC should be the 4th seed

What the hell is that SOS based on? Complete asspull.

fucking retard go kys

in 5 words or less, explain why they shouldn't be in the top 4.

>Literally zero games against a top ten team
wew

fifty five points to memphis

its a shame though, if they had played just 1 team worth anything they'd have a real shot with all the fuckery happening this year

Is that SOS supposed to be a score or a rank? Because in this universe Ohio State has a stronger SOS than Bama and it's not really debatable.

will saban chimp out of bama doesn't get in?

Ohio State fans are awfully excited just to lose 31-0 to Clemson again

>USF scored 42 on you
>Memphis scored 55
>Austin Peay (literally WHO?) scored 33
Now imagine what Oklahoma or Clemson would do to you.

21 - 14 Clemson

bama is terrible for cfb. is there anyone who isnt a bammer that wants them in?

Yes and it will be glorious. The SEC got to benefit from BCS fuckery for years and now they're getting a taste of it back.

(You)

THE Ohio State University getting its shit pushed in by unranked Iowa?

we just need to move to a 3 team playoff where the 1 seed gets a bye

Just based on the precedent set last year by Ohio state, a two loss big ten championship winning team should be passed up.

>3rd worlders in charge of knowing what SOS means
Embarrassing.
>As for strength of schedule, the Buckeyes had an edge, per Sagarin, entering the week at 42nd compared to 54th for Alabama. With the Crimson Tide off (and Auburn losing) and Ohio State playing a Top 4 team, strength of schedule is a check in Ohio State’s favor.
Ohio State already had a better SOS before this week. Then they beat Wisconsin while Fresno State and Auburn lost. It's not even close really.

BUT WE'RE BA-MA!!

Penn State got passed up in favor of a team that beat top 10 Oklahoma, top 10 Michigan and top 10 Wisconsin. That's a strong resume.
Bama doesn't have that kind of resume this year as they beat a pack of literal whos. Their best victory is against a 3 loss team that lost to Troy for fuck's sake and even that one looks fantastic compared to the rest of their victories.

>three SEC teams in the top four
Stop drinking the homemade, neck.

>4. Auburn
>5. Oklahoma
If this alone didn't tick you off about the post being bait then nothing will.

They said the same thing about Boise St. before they hung one on Oklahoma.

>there are people ITT that think Bama isn't getting in

I don't give two shits about their resume last year. Penn State got passed up as conference champion by a team they beat. If the committee wants to show any consistency at all, they need to deny Ohio State the playoff berth. Unless the consistency they want to show is "lol the cuckeyes win".

Further, a 2 loss team simply should not get into the playoffs.

Well, Mercer was busy that week.

>Penn St fans still bitter
Maybe the committee was just protecting all the teenage boys in the area.

Personally, I think it would be funny if the cuckeyes got in again, because clemson would just 31-0 you all over again. The committee would lose it's last shred of legitimacy, and we would adopt the BCS system.

Yeah and even after 10 years worth of shitty midmajors getting buttraped by real conferences people will still bring up MUH BOISE. Weird how nobody remembers undefeated Hawaii riding the Boise meme hype into the Sugar bowl and getting demolished by a 2 loss Georgia team. Might as well bring up Appalachian State beating Michigan while you're at it, guess how likely is that to happen again

>I don't give a shit
That's nice but the committee certainly did and does give a shit.

It died down after beating what became a ranked Iowa (lol) and Michigan teams but was talked about all the time on the same channels sucking OSU's dick for beating them.

So I'm new to the college handegg scene and can't quite figure this out - is there any scientific or mathematical means used to create the standings and allocate playoff spots, apart from championship wins? When you get back to Ohio and Alabama it feels like it's more about the name than the record, but then the record is hard to value because of the wild variations in schedules.

I mean, it's kind of fun, but it must be pretty aggravating for the teams and coaches getting ranked.

Teams Alabama has scheduled for Week 12:
>2014 - Western Carolina Catamites
>2015 - Charleston Southern Buccaneers
>2016 - Chattanooga Mocs
>2017 - Mercer Bears
>2018 - Citadel Bulldogs
How in the literal fuck is this even allowed?

There used to be a thing called the BCS which was a computer calculating the ranking based on a formula. Two highest ranking teams would play in a championship game. They scrapped it and it got replaced by a 4 team playoff system where a coven of Jews select the four best teams based on arbitrary criteria.

We're going to find out a lot about which names matter at 12EST today. Last year while professing that conference championships matter, the cuckeyes, who were not a conference championship were let in over the conference champion, purely on the basis of their names. Conference Championships don't matter at all.

So really today is about whether the committee values bama's name or ohio's name more.

13 mentally retarded hillbillies who love southern football get together in a room and make up the rankings based on whatever they want. Seriously.

That's going to happen but the thing is USC and Bama would get brutally raped by Clemson too and there's no other team you could make an argument for.

UCF is the best team in CFB

No way a 2-loss gets in over a 1-loss... unless you want 2-loss Bama teams getting in over 1-loss Ohio State teams the next 10 years

OSU then went on to get absolutely trounced in their playoff game, which hopefully the committee realizes they made a mistake and should have sent penn st last year

But, probably not

At what?

Darnold and Pittman would humiliate Clemson. No two ways about it. USC is hungry and they come to win games but the committee hicks are too scared about the Hollywood boys wrecking one of their darling hayseed teams. If THE Ohio State get in today, USC will humiliate Alabummer.

If they actually beat someone I wont mind

Sounds kinda frustrating tbqh, do they issue any explanation of the rankings they set, or do they just announce and run?

>Darnold
The retard would probably commit a bowl game record worth of turnovers against Clemson defense, everytime I watch him he feels like a pick or a fumble waiting to happen.

They do announce it and their explanations are actually pretty sound but retards will still get butthurt either way. They bitched about the computer too.

You are so much wiser than NFL scouts and professional front offices who are currently trying to contain boners over nabbing him in the first round of the Draft. He is elite unlike overrated Sooner midget Baker Drunkfield.

>he unironically thinks USC is a good team
All of my kek, is it still 2004 in England?

Wow how many touchdowns does praise from scouts count for?

He's going to get drafted by the Browns, fade into total obscurity and probably commit suicide out of crippling depression before he hits 30. Won't even feel sorry for him.

They are a top 4 team if you take all of the metrics into account and don't allow yourself to be swayed by your love of the south or an interest in the emphatic use of the word THE.

Ah ok, should be interesting. Was the computer actually bad? I'd have thought there should be a pretty reasonable way of working it all out with some proper analytics, but it wouldn't give a shit about the team's names / glorious histories, which probably pissed off various Southern teams.

>2 picks and 0 passing tds against Western Michigan
Darnold is shit.

The Browns are so retarded that they'll accidentally draft Rosen and Darnold will have a long and happy career as franchise QB for the Giants, starting more than 210 consecutive games.

>all the metrics
>didn't beat a single top 15 opponent
ok dumbass

The computer wasn't bad necessarily. It was actually fair. A lot of people didn't like the structure of a computer just picking your two championship teams though, so people called for a playoff.

Instead of doing the smart thing and having a playoff of the best 4 teams according to BCS, we adopted a committee, which has so far been completely inconsistent in selecting teams.

It's hard to make fair comparisons since there are so many conferences where teams face opposition of varying quality. Should be a broader playoff system that gives every reasonably dominant team a chance to prove themselves in direct completion.

good point. Even though the NFL pro scouts have a 100% unblemished record, I reckon one day they may get a QB evaluation wrong. Just a crazy idea I'm throwing out there.

>Leinart
>Sanchez
>Barkley
>Kessler
No, the Browns are the perfect team to draft yet another USC bust.

Well said. Dweebs on a Taiwanese paper folding forum whose parents won't even let them stay awake to watch PAC-12 games have a much better eye for talent.

>GayFL
*tips knee*

No, but claiming "PRO SCOUTS" as infallible is a moronic position.

Who has Ohio State beat?

Ohio has beat:
>Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Mich State, Penn State
>a bunch of cupcakes with Army being decent

Bama has beat:
>FSU, Tennessee, LSU, aTm. Miss State
>a bunch of cupcakes with Fresno State and Colorado State being decent

Not much difference in quality wins, certainly not enough for a 2-loss to to overcome a 1-loss team

For that Ohio State would have had to beaten Oklahoma

The last USC QB who didn't suck miles of nigger dick in the pros was Carson Palmer, until the Steelers blew his leg out 2 years into his career.

Never said they were infallible. Suggested they are a better guide to talent than Sup Forums memers mocking the performance of a top 5 conference champion like Darnold.