/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: what did you recently watch, what did you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12467527
letterboxd.com/shipwreck/list/the-thundering-kung-fu-wuxia-challenge/
mega.nz/#!UEcDmTDI!KrhZAN5twPazKqMvh4czmEceNZbnXpEwZB9QURGPE70
mega.nz/#!pJNiyJoD!HpaMnvLglcpCSsD56XTKtsQdFKnOagaZ8pSHNTLQALg
mega.nz/#!VQtnXSyT!D_4SmbSg3d6JlLYGuAOCwKnzgCi8VOF5RhsxQW_fpPQ
mega.nz/#F!pd1DmZIB!oKStqQSNuXAWfabefmCCPg
mega.nz/#!xNNDjaAa!_sYmzfqRtn_iHlV07qicdevRCEdjWm8weJAaaegUjVg
mega.nz/#!5AkUyRZT!98v3NXjV1ofxKZqqITgZFqFL4VyD39CjxAT9d0SdHXs
mega.nz/#!oUsQzA4B!5uoXzSksxufOxxEUUv2jxH_23k2E5Sjn0_RnKKmmIf0
mega.nz/#!pREUxa5D!oKkuTSBJSsk1AvXHvDWGmuwRABbJe46OlP3OdQ1vNl4
mega.nz/#!pVlHBaQA!23z-lSe7pHljObbJh9Vu9Era7t4-zaw2NglzvJS3BPU
youtube.com/watch?v=iMCIDfPiV3I
mega.nz/#F!v8phmCpR!kbQDxtar_72JYxOyc_0LEw
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/brenx923/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/ourguy/

strawpoll.me/12467527
>what did you recently watch, what did you think about it?

watched get out, it was a pretty fun flick, my friends and i had a great time

I'm sad, so I decided to spend the rest of the month watching a bunch of kung fu flicks.

letterboxd.com/shipwreck/list/the-thundering-kung-fu-wuxia-challenge/

and there should be some pastebin or something with all the Sup Forums usernames so I can follow you motherfuckers.

>Dragon's Inn is on the list
K, you check out

Why the 1976 one armed swordman and not the original one ? You should add Crippled Avengers if you haven't seen it, it's goat.

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art

Thanks for the heads up, I added the wrong one. It was supposed to be the '67 one. I'll look into Crippled Avengers.

Thanks for making the thread, mac. Shame the other one died so young.

Crippled avengers features mostly the same crew than 5 elements ninja, but the fight choregraphy is better and more fun imo ( less weapon madness tho )

I hope you become not sad soon amigo

>and there should be some pastebin or something with all the Sup Forums usernames so I can follow you motherfuckers
lmao, fucking needy faggot

lol its that faggot that unliked fight club because someone called him out on it

kekekek

And actually that's not why. I oscillate from liking and unliking it frequently. If for some reason I rewatch it, I'll rate it again. But for now I'm concentrating on moving forward.

And honestly
>lol
>kekekek
It's hilarious how hard you're trying to get to me. Desperate.

Nobody need to try hard to get you. You're a retard posting/spamming a profile with stupid memes. It's your rope

Previous thread:

Kill yourself

Okay, now stop and breath for a second. Look at what you've just typed and then tell me if it's within reason for someone to get this hysterical over someone else posting their profile.

I've uploaded some episodes of Police Story, a late 1970s anthology series that Michael Mann wrote four episodes of. The two-part River of Promises is Mann's best writing work for tv that I've seen (still need to watch his four Starsky and Hutch episodes).

S03E20.Eamon.Kinsella.Royce
mega.nz/#!UEcDmTDI!KrhZAN5twPazKqMvh4czmEceNZbnXpEwZB9QURGPE70

S04E07.Thanksgiving (this one has Fred Williamson and James Woods)
mega.nz/#!pJNiyJoD!HpaMnvLglcpCSsD56XTKtsQdFKnOagaZ8pSHNTLQALg

S04E12.Trial.Board.
mega.nz/#!VQtnXSyT!D_4SmbSg3d6JlLYGuAOCwKnzgCi8VOF5RhsxQW_fpPQ

S05E03.River.of.Promises.Part.1 and 2
mega.nz/#F!pd1DmZIB!oKStqQSNuXAWfabefmCCPg

Whatever. Plenty of people post their profiles, you're one who does that by spamming it with idiotic memery.

Mac Hill

Police Woman Season 4, Episode 6: The Buttercup Killer

Anonymously-directed early credit for Michael Mann.

mega.nz/#!xNNDjaAa!_sYmzfqRtn_iHlV07qicdevRCEdjWm8weJAaaegUjVg

headshot owned despite being second-rate in a lot of ways. The fight choreography was fantastic, such a shame the film wasn't in the hands of ever so slightly more talented people

how much is Iko in Star Wars? does he manage to make it worth watching

lmao at being so mad for 12 minutes that you follow up with another reply

mega.nz/#!5AkUyRZT!98v3NXjV1ofxKZqqITgZFqFL4VyD39CjxAT9d0SdHXs

Monte Hellman's only bad movie.

mega.nz/#!oUsQzA4B!5uoXzSksxufOxxEUUv2jxH_23k2E5Sjn0_RnKKmmIf0

Weird John Ford movie in 720p HD.

mega.nz/#!pREUxa5D!oKkuTSBJSsk1AvXHvDWGmuwRABbJe46OlP3OdQ1vNl4

You see, that's where you and I are different; I can't commit my full attention to posting on Sup Forums.
That being said, I like to humor the intellectually deficient with a reply from time to time. It's fun seeing what cooky shit they say next.
>counting the minutes
Little much, don't you think? It's just a spat on the internet.

Pretty great John Ford movie in 720p HD.

mega.nz/#!pVlHBaQA!23z-lSe7pHljObbJh9Vu9Era7t4-zaw2NglzvJS3BPU

/lbg/ EXCLUSIVE - please don't upload elsewhere IN ANY FORM and respect that

>/lbg/ EXCLUSIVE - please don't upload elsewhere IN ANY FORM and respect that
Don't trigger me

;^)

Keep being pathetic, you're doing great.
In the new reply, tell us again about how much you don't care.

you realise there are post time stamps right
I didn't sit there turning an egg timer

Thanks for these, been looking for some new Ford flicks.

shite drawing

You're welcome. I had some free bandwidth so decided to put it to use.

rating is literally r ddit

somehow """saved""" music
>music is still shit as it was 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 etc years ago
huh weird

this one sucks tho

saved music but killed the thread

Watching this today, any thoughts?

only one of them survives and he falls in love with the girl

True or not, why be a cunt?

It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail.

So you're just jealous I've watched more movies than you?

I'm at 3700

Huh, you say something? Sorry, I guess I'd rather watch films than argue with morons online.

There, was that good enough? :^)

OOPS!! You quoted incorrectly. Let me fix that for you.

I watched this short, it was interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=iMCIDfPiV3I

Which movies? Post profile? If it's predominantly comprised of anything past 1939, just delete it now

Thanks for the mega links, feels good to have some nice poster.

I'm participating with this silent chinese movie, even though only half the reels survived, it's still interesting to see some early films from the east.

mega.nz/#F!v8phmCpR!kbQDxtar_72JYxOyc_0LEw

>when the little bitch get this mad

Reply again about how you so deeply don't care

I wasn't quoting anyone.

You were

what is the most overrated film?

Some one must be, but there's no reason to care much. Only plebs are too concerned with 'overrating'

Citizen Kane

Good post

Bad post

Stalker
Breathless
Le Samourai
Seven Samurai
The Seventh Seal

All masterpieces. Only Le Samourai is possibly a little overrated

I actually nominate these. Stalker is a mediocre scifi flick, Breathless while revolutionary in jump cut technique, isn't a good film and didn't take much effort since all was done was break proper editing etiquette and use on-location shooting. It's more so an indie experiment that is recognizable but not really the first of its kind in story or other elements as Le Beau Serge and Little Fugitive preceded it. Le Samourai is pretty but more or less James Bond with French flavor and just a late accessible Melville effort. Seven Samurai is an adequate network narrative, but it's a very simple story with little in way of effort afforded by audience or creators. And the Seventh Seal is another simple accessible entry in Bergman's canon.

Really, it's just a lot of simple pseud arthouse that is overrated. Citizen Kane is not overrated because there are deep complexities and nuances in the verbose script with innovative uses of flashback and loose narrative structure with multiple narrators. Though, the low-angle shots are perhaps the most pseud cinematic technique.

Movies that will never be overrated are Birth of a Nation or Intolerance. In fact, to this day even though they're taught, D.W. Griffith's entire canon seems entirely underrated because his ideas of using cinema's inherent features to tell a story with realism, peering through historical human relationships, and intercutting multiple narrative branches is unparalleled by his peers and lightyears ahead of his time and still ahead today.

I hate /lbg/ so fucking much. Can the mods just ban these threads? Not because of the shitposting but because of the sheer amount of shitty taste. Because this is where fedora tier autists can come and regurgitate their retarded opinions. Let it die please. Letterbox is something that should be discussed from time to time with non-autistic fans of the show. It will also keep the femanons away.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Headshot was good (as above)
Centerfold was also good, one of better American exploitation films I've seen
real sleazy but giving it three stories means it doesn't drag in the way most do.

>le fedora
>le femanons reeee
>fans of the show??
>MODS PLZ
Kill yourself, autist

>non-autistic fans of the show
this is a copypasta right?

Nope, /lbg/ is ruined for a while, we gotta wait the trolls to leave.
They been here before and they left
with time we win

>Nope, /lbg/ is ruined for a while, we gotta wait the trolls to leave.
:)
>They been here before and they left
:^)
>with time we win
:^D

You earned the (You)

letterboxd.com/brenx923/

>Headshot was good
>Centerfold was also good
Yeah I couldn't tell by the hearts you gave them.

Maybe you should rate what you watch instead if you think likes alone can't express how "good" your movies are.

I'm watchingt (You)

No, you're just an embryo.

Only faggots get triggered over tattoos or smoking

I'm having deja vu with many of these posts here, I swear I saw them before word by word

wow good argument

it semes to me that you are mad about something here....

Well, I might change my mind, but I hate the hollywood sucks itself off concepts. No, hate it is too strong word. Annoyed is probably better suited.
I loved Whiplash even tho it had nothing to with actual drumming. It was more of a sports movie in it's execution.

DUDE PSYCHEDLICS LMAO

In all seriousness it's good. Like really good. Although, if I would have to choose from Jankovics' works, I would go for Tragedy of Man, because it is one of my fave plays and I rarely get to see good adaptations. And different styles that match eras is just a lovely concept.

/lbg/ is what Sup Forums SHOULD be

>/lbg/ is what Sup Forums SHOULD be

a suicide hotline subtitute?

It's already shit. Just a different flavor here and there

squbwood is anooye

You're the one dissing with garbage 'criticism' great films.
You're embryo or baiter, that's it, always the case.

Why are you afraid to kill yourself? It's really easy. We both know you have no friends and watch movies to substitute friendship and pretend to be "cultured". But in reality, it's a waste of time and you've done nothing with your life. You never will do anything because you're a little sensitive bitch.

lol whatever buddy

I'm a normie in real life. I only pretend to be autistic online to increase my street cred.

honestly this is the most enlightening way to live

wrong, the most patrician way is being a normie pretending to be autistic pretending to be normie

even if what you said was true, why should I off myself instead of living a life dedicated to kino?
you're not making much sense!

Does lbg like my drawing?

I showed it to my dad, he thought it was a very funny goof and a spoof.

so exactly the same as it is right now?

Sup Forums is my favorite subchan. I love these generals because I don't even have to login to reddit to get my daily dose of epic memes, I just tab over to lbg and kek it up

Because up until very recently, Sup Forums (and by extension lbg) have always been built on people relentlessly signaling and countersignaling in an enormous game of metacontrarianism. This is no longer the case with Sup Forums as a board because it has been taken over by redditors who unironically circlejerk over capeshit, GoT, and Dr. Who, but it is still very much the case for lbg, Letterboxd, Mubifags, and other groups of self-described "cinephiles"

When I say metacontrarianism this is best summed up by the vulgar auterism movement, which is basically comprised of people attempting to distinguish themselves from the masses by defending "unorthodox" directors and films as art ("unorthodox" should be read as "shit"). See: Paul WS Anderson, Tony Scott, Michael Mann, etc.

While any human being not caught up in a narcissistic status game would watch Miami Vice and rightly call it garbage, metacontrarians are so dependent on the uniqueness of their taste in film as social proof of their worth as human beings that they can watch Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx walk angstily around a club as a Linkin Park / Jay-Z mashup plays in the background and call it high art as long as someone thinks they're clever for doing so

Interesting post. I haven't watched much Mann though, or Miami Vice, so I don't know.

But I've thought Miami Vice was great since shortly after seeing it, long before I'd ever visited Sup Forums or heard of such a thing as 'vulgar auteurism.' Not everything is your neat categories.

jesus christ

I want to ask you guys something.

In your past year of watching films, what's the one that you would recommend the best? Doesn't have to be a new film. Just one you've watched in the past year that you feel like everyone should in this thread should see immediately.

What is it, /lbg/?

You're right about some of the feelings that move the vulgar crowd, but to dismiss it all as shit is simply crazy. Mann is a great director, for example.

That's a nice proposal, congrats.