How does Alien hold up? The last time I watched it was so long ago that I really don't remember it all that well

How does Alien hold up? The last time I watched it was so long ago that I really don't remember it all that well.

Is it actually good or overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2OJEz_gRJg
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens_Special_Edition#Differences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is actually good.

there is one cringe worthy scene where you see the alien creature outside of the ship door lock and it looks fake as fuck, (youll know the exact scene when you see it lol) it literally looks like a guy in a rubber suit. and all the really cool deleted scenes are worth it like the ones where you see dallas turning into an egg and shit (shits fucked) pretty cool movie overall but Aliens is better

I watched it for the first time just a couple of weeks ago
It great

its great

I havent seen aliens because I dont like the combat aspect and the idea of multiple aliens
I found the horror of an almost unkillable alien in the first one cool, and I dont want to ruin that

This, you just have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

that nigger never got he bonus

Wheat.
They love it.

Not great.

Zero space marines with constant banter.
Just 1 Xenomorph who is effectively a jump scare.
Ripley is weak and there's a useless tranny on board.
They also stole the nuke the site bit from Aliens script.

I wouldn't bother, stick with the better film. It's sequel.

Its great, almost perfect. Only questionable thing is the scene where she goes back to get the cat which feels a bit silly considering what is happening.

If you are not a pleb and actually appreciate good prop work, scenography etc then its excellent.

The world-building, characters, and set design are great. Yeah, the characters aren't developed or given depth, but they behave believably and recognisably - they seem to have been drawn from ordinary, everyday life, and their speech reflects this. This is a major point in its favour - that the victims of this sci-fi slasher are people we'd recognise at a local bar or tavern.

Everything falls apart once the Alien emerges, unfortunately. While the facehugger and chestburster scenes still resonate, the Alien creature itself is used primarily for jump scares, and the mystery which once gave it an aura of impalpable fear has been eroded by multiple sequels and spin-offs. Once revealed, the Alien becomes as laughable as any other rubber-suited monster of the B-movies of yore, and all nuance and subtlety of character and speech disappear upon its arrival.

it's so fucking good. watch the original cut and read the trivia page on imdb to see how close ridley scott came to fucking up this movie with his stupid ass ideas.

>mfw he thought it would be a good idea to end the movie with the xeno getting horny by seeing ripley in her underwear

but so much about the xeno is metaphorical

So is Ridley a hack?

>alien
>gladiator
>blade runner

nah, but he's a cooky guy that needs people who say no to him.

Alien is good
Aliens is great
Alien 3 is completely skip-able.
Alien Resurrection is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=I2OJEz_gRJg

Directors cut or not?

original. directors cut has ADD editing for the plebs.

The fuck is that? I haven't seen any of the movies except Prometheus and I got nothing to do while I have the flu.

Aliens has a great balance of horror and of action. It's really good.

Make sure you watch the Special Edition though, it's the version Cameron intended to release and has more footage

>Who da fook is dem guys
2 to the right of Spunkmyre?

Looks like you got Alien and Aliens mixed up there, pal.

it has faster cuts that ruins the tension in a couple scenes

watched it last year and holds up very well

And it was only made to have an alternate cut for each film

If you had watched any of his recent movies you wouldn't need to ask this question.

It holds up pretty well and the characters feel genuine enough that you'll forget about them being on a wacky space adventure.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've only seen the special edition. What scenes are missing from the theatrical because it seemed like there weren't any that you could edit out

Alien > Aliens

About 16 minutes of the film

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens_Special_Edition#Differences