2.Oklahoma
3.Georgia
4.Ohio State
5.USC
6.UCF
7.Alabama
8. Wisconson

I can't

It makes the regular season not matter. In this scenario Clemson, Georgia and Oklahoma could have lost and still got in, making their games last weekend not matter.
Wisconsin already lost to Ohio State, that was their playoff game.
USC and Ohio State should have only had one loss if they wanted to get in.
UCF would just get smoked.
If you want to be in the playoff, don't lose more than 1 game and win your conference, If you do not do those 2 things than I dont have sympathy for you getting left out.

>It makes the regular season not matter
of course it would still matter, do you have brain damage?

>Wisconsin still making it

Their only loss is not as bad as Alabama's. And they've both had just as shitty of schedules prior to that.

>Giving Notre Dame a free bid
'No'

2 loss teams shouldn't get a chance to win it all on a regular basis

Unirionic opinion:
If you play a single non FCS opponent, you should not be eligible for the playoff. Bamas SOS is a fucking joke

FBS I meant

How would it make the regular season not matter?

With the way it is now Bama lost and didn't even have to play in a conference championship and still got in. Hell it may have helped Bama loosing that game because if they won and than lost to Georgia they might have been out.

This is the fairest way. And who knows if UCF would get smoked remember Boise State and TCU?

You don't understand the point of the playoff. Its not about who the 4 best teams are, its about who the best teams are.
Playoffs are for teams that have a claim at #1. Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia all have legitimate claims at being #1. We do not need to expand it until teams that have claims at #1 start getting left out. Ohio State, USC, UCF and Wisconsin do not have a claim at #1 so there is no reason to expand the playoff.
Sure, Alabama doesn't either, but expanding it will only make it worse.

Power 5 Conference Champions
wildcard bids, either non P5 teams or a non conference champion P5 team
>Find a flaw.

You could have 4 teams from the same conference in the second round. Go get tested for autism

Do you think the NFL regular season doesn't matter?

Playoffs are 12 teams:
>5 Power-5 Conference championship games (10 teams)
>2 best Group-5 teams play each other
Have a committee seed the 6 winners, so #1 and #2 would get a bye and go from there.

Only flaw is that they can only renegotiate when the TV deal is up. Otherwise it's perfect - the 6 "NYE" bowls plus a rotating national championship game.

I like this

then neither should 1 loss teams that schedule division 2 teams

I got it figured out: The university sitting on potential #3 to #6 that supply them old man most virgins to deflorate and do their shit gets the last spots. The college that provides most sex to them wins goes to the playoffs.

I don't get how you don't see this.

Because you can lose 2 games and still have a good chance at getting in.
>With the way it is now Bama lost and didn't even have to play in a conference championship and still got in
Yeah I agree, Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia are the only teams deserving of being in. But expanding the playoff is only going to increase the amount of undeserving, so I don't really understand how Bama making the playoff helps your argument.

For all the people arguing that the regular season wouldn't matter, it fucking shouldnt! You shouldn't be able to pick your opponents in games that count towards a national title, then we get teams gaming the system like bama with absolute bare minimum schedule strength, it completely undermines the sport

Notre Dame would either need to join a conference or qualify under the G5 game.

That literally may as well be how it works now

What's wrong with that? A 9-win ND would be a shoe in to play UCF or whoever. Notre Homres are happy because they see it as a "Free spot" in the final 6, we all get to enjoy it when that year's Houston or whoever pushes their shit in.

NFL is boring as fuck to watch because of too big playoffs
I agree that Alabama doesn't deserve it, but there is 4 teams and Alabama is the 4th best team. Clemson Oklahoma and Georgia are the only deserving teams. But this is a terrible argument because your solution for there being undeserving teams in the playoff is to expand it and let in other undeserving teams.
That would be like if my solution to having a cockroach in my house was to add more cockroaches.

UCF deserves a shot more than alabama

Fpbp

Roll Tide!

>using the NFL as an argument for what is better
kys, stop trying to turn college football into the NFL

Fair point. Notre Dame losing every season to UCF or Western Michigan would be great for everyone.

They need to get rid of conference championship games or make them not count towards the rankings. It isn’t fair that a team that got to play one less game than everyone else got in.

Really, has UCF gotten a defense?

Doesn't work that way, brainlet.

It only matters what people want to see.

We'd rather see Bama/Clemson III than some fucking highschool team from florida get destroyed.

Incorporate the conference championships into the playoff system. See

I agree with this. The way it works now it was actually better for Alabama to lose to Auburn because they play one less game and don't have to get exposed until they sell a shit ton of merchandise

Alabama played noone but high school tier teams all season, what makes you think they won't get BTFO?

>They need to get rid of conference championship games

Lets get this shit started

>OSU

They need to either get rid of them or make them count. Right now they hurt teams more than they help

Doesn't matter.

People hate Bama, therefore they want to see Bama lose.

Either way AT&T and Nissan make millions.

So you're agreeing with me that this is a corrupt system not actually picking the best football teams, because it sounds like you are

Why the fuck not?

we need to go back to shared titles and human votes

Which team is better than Bama?

So CFB is basically WWE tier is what you're getting at?

So you think it’s okay that a team that got to play one less game than everyone else got in? You really don’t see how unfair that is?

>Auburn and Wisconsin get penalized for playing in conference championship games.
>Alabama gets a free pass.
The city of college football. If college football wasn't a money grab, they'd have a system in place where your performance on the field is the sole determinant for a champion, not 13 turds sitting in a room making arbitrary decisions.

If you're a Bama hater

UCF, Wisconsin, USC, Miami, Ohio, Memphis,Auburn etc

>tfw Bama fan

I can’t find a flaw but unfortunately you’re already being inundated with the >HURR 6% OF FBS TEAMS IS TOO MANY autists

>UCF, Wisconsin, USC, Miami, Ohio, Memphis,Auburn etc

>All played a tougher schedule than Alabama
>All played in a conference championship
hmm

I don't see why not. It isn't like the old BCS system where a 2 loss team got a free pass to the title game a few times. They would still have to prove themselves in actual games to get a chance.

>having two losses
>getting blown out by a 7 win iowa team by 31 points
>getting into the playoffs last year without winning your division and then getting blown out by 31 points
Fuckeyes are trash and don't deserve to be in the playoffs and will be BTFO by USC in a bowl game. Stay salty "big" "10" fags

Rather have this instead

Go5/Mid Major football has been entertaining as fuck this past year

Fuck the Power5

>USC
>Wisconsin
>"lose by 30 to Iowa" state

Here's my 8-team theory...
What if we kept the playoff system but preserved the "traditional" bowl matchups, mixing in the "5 conference champions, best G5, 2 Wild Card" idea?

Example, this year:
>Rose
Ohio St vs USC
>Sugar
Georgia vs Oklahoma
>Orange
Clemson vs UCF
>Cotton/Fiesta (could switch off by year)
Alabama vs Wisconsin

Teams would then be seeded into a "Final Four" and a semifinal/final similar to the current system takes place

>Iowa
>3-loss
>UCF/Wisconsin played a tougher schedule than Bama
>Team that just got BTFO by Clemson should play Clemson in the playoffs
>Memphis

>Didn't beat a single ranked team
It's alright because everyone knows you didn't actually deserve to get in and will get wrecked

This. The only way a strict 4-team playoff with no 2-loss teams would ever be fair is if schedules were standardized across FBS (no FCS teams, one G5 max for P5s and Independents, etc). USC would be a one-loss team if it scheduled like Bama.

2 loss teams should rarely be in the playoff because they rarely have an actual claim at being #1

>Team that just got BTFO by awwburn should play in the playoffs
SEC gymnastics are hilarious tbqh

>LOSING TO IOWA BY 31
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>BIG 10 GETS SHUT OUT IN THE PLAYOFFS TWO YEARS IN A ROW
>muh big 10 wins
Sorry but fuckeyes lost their chance win they embarrassed the committee last year

Well at least now we know how much the committee actually values strength of schedule (not at all)

Says fucking who? You? You actually have to back up your claims, you can’t just spout bullshit.

#1 is meaningless when schedules are so widely varied. This is why the playoff was introduced in the first place.

at least we didn't lost to our rivals, which I might add was the only non high school team you played ALL season

>LSU and MSU aren't ranked

Not top 15 isn't actually ranked sweetie

Okay, how about this.
>Playoff is 8 teams
>Winners of ACC, B1G, Big XII, SEC, PAC XII, and AAC (They're slowly but surely becoming a power conference, and give it about 10 years and they'll be competing for the playoff.) are auto bids
>Last two spots are decided by a playoff
>Winner of MAC, MW, Sun Belt, and Conference USA all compete in a wild card playoff to determine who represents them in the CFP
>Last spot is an at large bid based on a team that falls under these qualifications
a. Did not qualify for the conference championship, therefore did not lose
b. Has not lost to a team that has, at no point in the season, been ranked in the top 25
c. Has not scheduled an FCS opponent
d. Has no more than 2 losses in the season.

What do you guys think?

>you
>implying I wanted bama in the playoffs
I was hoping for Miami, OU, UGA, Wisc. But this is the hand we were dealt and OSU doesn't deserve to be near the playoffs after that iowa game. Sorry fuckeye

>at least we didn't lost to our rivals
Bama hasn't been beaten by 31 points in as long as I can remember and hasn't been beat by an unranked team since like 2010.

USC is the only team that deserves to be upset but I don't remember anybody whining about their chances between this weekend.

>we

>losing to an unranked team by 31

Winner of that four team playoff between the MAC, MW, Conference USA, and Sun Belt gets to represent the go4 in the playoff I mean. I should have made that more clear.

All didn't make it to the playoffs.

This year, why do Ohio State, Wisconsin, USC and Penn State/Miami/Auburn deserve to be in the playoff.
Last year, why do Penn State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Wisconsin deserve a chance?
2 years ago, why do Iowa, Stanford, Ohio Stat and Notre Dame deserve to get in?
OP's system would allow you to be able to lose out of conference games and still get in. Stop trying to turn College football into the NFL because you're salty your team didn't get in.

It's retarded. Teams wouldn't care about out of conference games since 7/8 spots are decided by winning your conference. That is cancer to college football.

If anything this season shows that the BIG 12 lack of divisions is superior. A Bama vs UGA SEC championship would have shut up all doubters.

Saying “why do x, x, and x deserve a chance” is not a fucking argument. You actually have to say why they don’t since you’re the one making the claim.
>OP's system would allow you to be able to lose out of conference games and still get in.
What the fuck is wrong with that? It’s good to reward scheduling of non-Mercer teams.
>Stop trying to turn College football into the NFL because you're salty your team didn't get in.
Nice ad-hom but I never said my team didn’t get in and even if they didn’t it doesn’t invalidate my point at all

Did this have any factor in the committee's decision?

Wisconsin has already had their chance at a playoff and lost.
USC had their chance but got BTFO'd by Notre Dame. Ohio State had theirs but got BTFO'd by Iowa and Oklahoma.
If you want to get in than don't lose more than 1 game and win your conference.

Get rid of conference championship games and expand to an 8 team playoff

Teams already don't care about out of conference games. Every fucking team schedules cupcakes, the regular season is already shit

>OP's system would allow you to be able to lose out of conference games and still get in
This is better than not playing in one at all and being allowed in.

>Saying “why do x, x, and x deserve a chance” is not a fucking argument. You actually have to say why they don’t since you’re the one making the claim.
Wrong. You are the one making the claim that we should expand the playoff, therefore you are making the claim that they deserve a chance.
>What the fuck is wrong with that? It’s good to reward scheduling of non-Mercer teams.
Under OP's system, Clemson could have lost to South Carolina and it would not have made a difference. And this discourages good OOC games because teams will not schedule games when the only games that matter are the conference games.

Except it pressures teams to have tougher schedules throughout the season, and it pressures go4 teams to play better because they all have a legitimate shot at playing in the college football playoff, plus there's still the at large bid looming and every team in college football is going to want to be able to have that last spot if they don't make it to their conference title game.

It pressures teams to win their games.

Unquestionably

Except Strength of Schedule is taken into account. It's why Baylor got let out a few years ago.

Then why is Alabama in with a weaker schedule and weaker wins than OSU?

So Clemson should have been able to lose to South Carolina and it not effect their chances at all? Every game should matter.

But everyone ITT is saying how we should value conference Championships and 1-loss teams.
Thus, USC as a Conference Champion gets in, and Wisconsin as a 1-loss, non Conference Champion (just like Alabama is, who is literally in the top 4 this year).
And if these teams have lost their chance and aren't that good, they'll just get BTFO, right?

Because Alabama, that's why.

Because 55-24

>muh SEC

>Wrong. You are the one making the claim that we should expand the playoff, therefore you are making the claim that they deserve a chance.
You said two-loss teams don’t deserve a shot. That is a claim that you made, I was just replying to it. You have to justify it.
>And this discourages good OOC games
No, what discourages good OOC games is only letting teams with one loss or less into the playoff. OOC is the only thing teams can control so they’ll make sure to schedule cupcakes every time, just like Bama.

Because OSU got smoked twice this year while Alabama only has 1 loss.
Look here, I don't think Alabama deserves a chance. But expanding the playoff will not help it, it will just allow more undeserving teams in.
They don't deserve it because they have already had their chance and lost.

Except they were already going to play in the conference title game. You do know that South Carolina isn't in the ACC right?

Feels good, man.

>Hurr dey had der chanse
You could argue the same fucking thing for Bama this year and OSU last year.

>I don't think Alabama deserves a chance.

They were number 1 all year