It seems fairly obvious now that the new American Dream is winning the lottery

What would you do if you win the lottery?

how do play the lottery if i don't live in the us?

Cross the border illegally.

>state issues commercials showing the dangers of smoking
>issues commercials advertising the lottery
"hey don't do this addictive activity, do this one instead!"

shitpost all day, every day

Which lottery?
One of those BILLION DOLLAR lotteries that come around every 3 or 4 months?

coke and whores

/thread

they would ask me to provide id when i win anything. so its pointless.

claim your muslim and trans-racial and they'll have no choice

Say you're a refugee.

You can buy claim the prize even if you are a tourist.

If I won the lotto, I would clear my girlfriend and mine's student debt, then get a house in the $5mil range.
From there, I would clear the debts of and buy houses for close family members with the understanding that they cannot ask me for money again (aside from medical emergency).

From there, I have no idea. Most of my money goes to bills/rent/student loans, I'm not sure how my lifestyle would inflate from there

Take my family to Florida and retire
Trust fund for the niece and that's about it.

>shilling for the lottery
Please don't

> I would clear my girlfriend and mine's student debt,
> I would clear my girlfriend debt

sucker ass nigger. i can tell you'll be in debt again within 5 years after winning.

#1 rule after winning the lottery, remove EVERYONE from your life. especially non-blood related cunts.

> I would burn all of the money I won and make a video so I could trigger minimum wage cucks

Bro, if I have a 200 million dollar payout, what the fuck do I care about spending 50k to improve the life of someone who has taken care of me for 7 years?

Only retards play (((the lottery))).

>DUDE 2 DOLLARS LMAO
Spend your money on literally anything else. Quit giving your money to (((the lottery))).

>JUST GONNA THROW IT AWAY ON SOMETHING DUMB ANYWAY THOUGH
Then do that.
Buying actual goods and services at least costs the manufacturers time and money.

>IT'S A DREAM INVESTMENT
Since when did (((the lottery))) have the right to tax you on your right to dream?
Why do you give them that privilege?

>CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY
You won't win if you do either.
I pay $2 for a cheeseburger.
I have a 100% chance of winning a cheeseburger.
I pay $2 for a lotto ticket.
I have a 100% chance of winning a slip of paper worth significantly less than what I paid for it.

>DUDE, JUST WAIT TILL IT'S HIGH
High amounts are actually the worst time to play as the chances that the plot will be split increases significantly. Because of this, there is NO point where the amount you can win actually outweighs the chances of losing.

>BUT MUH SCHOOLS
Go ahead and try to declare a deduction on the amount of money you """"""donated"""""" by playing (((the lottery))). See how far that gets you.
If you're actually interested in helping fund education, then give your $2 to education instead.
Meanwhile, guess (((who))) is really declaring tax benefits from your """""""donations"""""?

Stop giving money to (((the lottery))).

I would hire out a bunch of translators to work on my favorite artists.

The $52 I spend a year on lotto tickets is money I would otherwise spend on steam games Ill never play.
I know I won't win, but I like to keep the dream that I may one day escape my boring 9-5 existence, and $52/year is a very cheap way to keep that hope.

it'd be worth it for the jailtime right?

Rule 0:

Tell no one.

No one.

Good goyim

I would rather buy a game I never play than be a dumb cuck

travel around the world plus coke and hookers might as well died young as I impregnate many white chick before I died also shitpost on Sup Forums all day (like I'm doing now)

I'll claim for you for 25%.

There are only 6 states you can be anonymous if you win.
Kansas, Delaware, Maryland, North Dakota and Ohio
Everything else your name will be published with or without your consent.

>>The $52 I spend a year on lotto tickets is money I would otherwise spend on steam games Ill never play.

Then do that.
Buying actual goods and services at least costs the manufacturers time and money.

>>but I like to keep the dream that I may one day escape my boring 9-5 existence, and $52/year is a very cheap way to keep that hope.

>IT'S A DREAM INVESTMENT
Since when did (((the lottery))) have the right to tax you on your right to dream?

In some places they'll give you an ID even if your not a citizen

Honestly?

Leave. Would just go on vacation and never come back.

Seriously, fuck this shitty country and life.

I'd obviously post on pol about it

>>The $52 I spend a year on lotto tickets is money I would otherwise spend on steam games Ill never play.

Then do that.

>>but I like to keep the dream that I may one day escape my boring 9-5 existence, and $52/year is a very cheap way to keep that hope.

>IT'S A DREAM INVESTMENT

Buy us a happening.

Buy an island just for me and my /out/laws

>I pay $2 for a lotto ticket.
>I have a 100% chance of winning a slip of paper worth significantly less than what I paid for it.

Implying that printed paper $2 that you spent is actually worth anything. You just traded paper for more paper. You do see the irony here don't you?

I would buy Dr Pepper

pay for the blacks trip back to there motherland

I would invest some of it in dry bulk shipping.
I'm not knowledgeable so I would invest in an existing company and try to learn.

The sector is at record all-time lows and it's a very cyclical market with recovery guaranteed (eventually).
Also shipowners are extremely privileged in my country, nobody touches them.

Got my tickets. If I win I'll quit my job writing shill posts for HRC.

>I am literally 5 and have a child's understanding of economics. I also think my comment was somehow witty and validates my poor life choices.
If you'd like me to provide an actual argument, I'll go ahead and write one for you.

But I sincerely hope you'll realize how fucking stupid you are on your own.

buy Sup Forums, and ban for life ever single trap

Everyone in this thread is retarded. Look at our government riddled with corruption. Why wouldn't the lotto just be a tax on the stupid? It's most likely just as corrupt.

Considering I've actually won 100 thousand dollars playing the lottery which in it self blows all of your bullshit arguments out of the water you should probably just shut the fuck up because you are the one that looks fucking stupid .

Buy a castle with a moat and shoot skeet from the ramparts.

What's the most you've on on the lottery? I think around £10 or so from Thunderball and another £10 on the same thing

>Considering I've actually won 100 thousand dollars playing the lottery
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>I am literally 5 and have a child's understanding of economics. I also think my comment was somehow witty and validates my poor life choices.
>If you'd like me to provide an actual argument, I'll go ahead and write one for you.

You don't have an argument, he was right paper money that has nothing tangible backing it is just paper. Money hasn't been worth anything since it stopped being backed by gold and silver. It's all a scam faggot

Move to Canada

Donate it all to the Trump campaign.

I'd start funding political movements like Soros. Only it'd be really right-wing authoritarian shit

I got it confused with PowerBall and thought they were $2, it's only $1

Cuck

Gold has no intrinsic value either, dick. In time of crisis what are you going to do with gold, eat it? its the same fundamental concept, that being, that every medium of exchange has an underlying trust behind it. If people lose faith in it, it will lose value. Gold is TOUGHER than fiat money in that regard, but not immune to the same outcome.

Keep enough money for me and my family to live comfortably.

Open up a free, private center to help people with addictions. Use the rest of the money to fund the center.

Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, shitposts all day

>I also have a 5 year old's understanding of economics. Please explain it to me after all
All non-fiat currency is basically reputation based and increases/decreases in value based on how secure the currency is and how accountable the nation producing it is.

Furthermore, backing money with gold and silver is completely arbitrary to begin with, as the precious metal's value lies only in its appearance and scarcity rather than its conductivity.

I'd probably jerk off. I mean, I'd still feel the same, just with more money.
Maybe if jerk off with money. Not that dirty pleb shit though, fresh hundred dollar bills.

>Furthermore, backing money with gold and silver is completely arbitrary to begin with, as the precious metal's value lies only in its appearance and scarcity rather than its conductivity.

What in Davy Jones' locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I'll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I've led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o' swag. I'll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true.

You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o' pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o' monsoon that'll wipe ye off the map. You're sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o'er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist.

Not only do I be top o' the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I'll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o' the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn't, ye didn't, and now ye'll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I'll **** fury all over ye and ye'll drown in the depths o' it. You're fish food now, lad.

give my mother 5 million then spend a million put the rest away then live in a medium apartment smoke weed everyday and live happily ever after

You have a significantly higher chance of becoming rich playing the lottery than from working an honest job.

The average income in America is around 52,000 dollars a year. The average American would take 20 years to earn a single million dollars.
The lottery provides more of a chance to get money than people's actual life. Sad.

So what do you guys think will be the winning numbers?

I'd fly my family out of here to either USA or Canada since we have family in both. Then I'd buy a comfy house and invest the rest so I can live comfortably. I would still finish my degree and get a job since living without purpose corrodes your will, but working a cool job without having to worry about bills sounds great.

It's true and you know it.

The only metal with any real intrinsic value, like it or not, is lead.

No, it's getting that dragon ball in the picture

5 mil house? Enjoy the taxes on that after your $30m yacht.

>being this autistic
End yourself

>The only metal with any real intrinsic value, like it or not, is lead.

Please we all know uranium has more intrinsic value than lead

Probably die to a bunch of fucking rad scorpions like a bitch.

Not an argument.

Exactly my reason for playing. I have a 0% chance to get rich doing QA. I have a 0.00000000000000001% chance to get rich with the lottery.

Bullshit, you have a significantly higher chance of getting injured and winning a lawsuit than you do winning (((the lottery))).

Furthermore, you have significantly more reliable income from working an honest job, which you could invest in literally anything stock related and have a higher chance of winning (((the lottery))).

I’d give some to my bro and sis (parents are dead) and pay off all their debts. Get a small farm about a hundred acres of woods and pasture maybe upstate NY or PA. Knock the place down I have here in Florida and build new. Fund a free cat and dog shelter where people down on their luck don’t have to give up their pet to make ends meet. Buy a new Truck. Then I guess I’d take a world cruise and think about and businesses I may want to start, and what philanthropic causes interest me.

burn it

Yeah, but I still work the job in the meantime. So any benefits I get from the job are still mine. Job > lotto for sure, I'm only saying my reason for choosing both

You can buy and claim despite being a tourist.

I'm buying this shithole, and turn it into an even more repulsive shithole.

Yeah, also Canada has a firm stance on gambling winnings not being taxed by the US government. So you technically have slightly more to gain

In New York you are allowed to redeem your winnings under a blind trust. Essentially with a lawyer you can create a legal entity, the trust, with some name unrelated to you (e.g. Green Tree NY Trust) and then you grant the lottery ticket to the trust. Your attorney shows up to redeem the big fat check under the trust and nobody knows you won the lottery.

This would allow me to redeem the winnings under myself and my four members of my immediate family. Even after taxes with the current mega millions jackpot we'd each get around $50M to spend how we like.

My parents would probably stop working. One of my brothers probably would, the other would probably blow it all. I would probably continue working my current job until I figure out what I wanted to do next and let the money go for investment and earn.

this

You don't.