Opinions?

Opinions?
One of the few TV shows I truly enjoyed.

Other urls found in this thread:

gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/
stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Home
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kree!

Utter shit. Looks like a British 48 fps production. Aliens with saturated make up. Bad acting. The worst of the star franchisees.

I'm not a Sup Forums frequent, I was just curious.
You guys think atlantis was better?
I enjoyed SG a lot more.

I like Atlantis, but SG1 is better. Ignore that one shitposter, Sup Forums likes Stargate.

this

Everyone agrees that SG1 was better than atlantis.

UNSCHEDULED OFF-WORLD ACTIVATION

Atlantis felt like a way to include more characters and stories with out cluster fucking the main series. i personally loved both, they both had good and bad episode.

Too bad they never made another series after SG:A.

GOULD

COMTRYA!

>Atlantis felt like a way to include more characters

atlantis hat a shit ton of characters and never knew what to do with them, so they kept removing and introducing characters left and right, and it was a mess

SG-1 had a more compact cast, but that cast had an amazing chemistry

Thank god. Stargate Voyager was mediocre enough and showed that they had run out of ideas. Can you imagine what another series would be like?

SG1=SGA=SGU

SGU died too soon, SGA deserved a better ending (the vegas episode was GOAT though, and SG1 deserved one last movie to wrap everything up.

one of the most boring shows ever to have existed

>SG1 deserved one last movie to wrap everything up

i thought continuum was a damn fine last episode, not in terms of wrapping everything up but in giving everyone and everything that really defined SG-1 a good sendoff

comfy as fuck
later seasons not as good

what order should i watch everything in?

Who would win in a fight?

Vala Mal Doran
vs
Aeryn sun

>SG1 deserved one last movie
It got Stargate Continuum which was a giant waste of time, I raged so hard after watching it. Why didn't they use that chance for a proper ending? Why this atrocity?

god i miss this shows weird humor
FUCK OFF HARLAN
The 200th episode is still hilarious though and the finale is pretty good, movies suck cock tho

Continuum was a great movie. It felt like a long episode, and I loved the alternative perspective on each characters lives had they not discovered the stargate.

I mostly say that it needed another movie, because I heard that one was in the works as a final send-off for the series, but funding problems had them divert to SGU which ended up being a commercial failure.

SG1 until season 7
then Atlantis 1
then sg 1 s8
then atlantis s2, end it there and you're fine
watch further all of it to understand why it died

>wrap everything up
i thought it was in the two extra.
in one they killed every Baal
in the other the Adria

Aeryn Sun. Peacekeeper genetics + training > being a grifter scum

shant be doing this

SGU died because the writers were tired of the tried and true SG themes. They said in multiple interviews that they wanted to try new things and to have a series that was more like bsg, with "Human Drama".

That is all the proof you need to know that the reason the first season sucked so hard was because the writers just wanted the drama of relationships and other bs that the other series avoided. SGU is the perfect example of what happens when you give writers cart blanc to do what they want. The big secret is that writers suck. They are full of themselves. And they are greedy asses.

This is why SGU sucked and why STD will suck ass, especially with the upcoming writers strike. Hollywood needs to just fire every last one of those fuckers and get new ones.

Let me check your power level with this saiya-jin gear

If I had my way with the world I'd have the third movie be one final fight against Lucian Alliance and have the stargate program revealed to earth and unite humanity as everyone goes out to explore worlds.

They killed all of the Ba'al in a fun way, but the Ark of Truth literally pulled a deus ex machina with that bullshit crate.

SGU died because they had shitty writers in the first season who tried to do something "new and different' like you say, so it was panned by fans and critics. With the little remaining budget they had with the second season it really turned into something that was a honest-to-god stargate series and they wrapped up the "Human Drama".

It's best to do that because there's crossovers which are relevant to both shows' continuity.

>SG1 deserved one last movie
Wasn't it confirmed they were dong a SG1 reboot series?

God I hate photoshop compoisigte cast photos. How fucking hard is it to get the cast together in a room and take a fucking photo>?

There was a stargate movie trilogy reboot in the works because Roland Emmerich was jelous that everyone loved the TV series and forgot about his movie. But since Independence day Resurgence sold like wet shit, all his projects got canned.

Atlantis was the runt of the litter.

Atlantis isn't bad, but SG1 is by far better

atlantis far superior

gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/

thats my point. in order to prolong a series you need replacement cast. but shoehorning them into sg1 would never work. like when Jonas was first introduced. SGA was a way to bring in new blood with out getting in the way of SG1

is the first movie actually worth watching? I've watched everything else stargate related but the original movie

>Wasn't it confirmed they were dong a SG1 reboot series?
No.

sadly they still do this shit.

Poster shoops are the worst

are you all so conveniently forgetting this god?

Yeah it would have been great to have a final movie to end the franchise with the stargate program and SG-1 being revealed to the public.

it's like the pilot episode before the pilot
it set up basics the series builds upon

sure. It's different, but it's canon and it has Kurt Russel.

one of stargates best episodes

fools, the lot of ya

far superior villains in atlantis

Thank god

yea i would never understand the show if i didn't watch the original

james spader best actor

Atlantis has some good moments and episodes ( some Rodney and Shepard stuff, Tod, ...) but it was mostly not that good.

alright i put it on, gonna have a good time then

The tone is completely different though to be fair.

Keep in mind that a lot of the established canon from the movie is changed somewhat.
But then again that even happens from season 1 to season 5.

my first thought is just how camp it comes off as, im surprised it got as big as it did desu.

oh shit i fucked up, i thought i had it but apparently im watching the 2009 movie

McKay is better then Carter

also freeze lightning!

>but it was mostly not that good.
I blame the Michael stories and the Hoffen Drug mess.

Comfy and fun.

>Atlantis
Bleh.

Lmao. Then stop and download the right one.

Watch SG1 every year, I fucking love Stargate.

I miss good ol 90's early 2000s science fiction.

What episode?

>UNSCHEDULED OFF-WORLD ACTIVATION
FUCK OFF GOULDPHOBIC

wait a sec
Major Briggs was also in the Stargate cast?

>Anyone more superior than Baal

Smh t'auri

Thats Lt. General George S. Hammond (of Texas) for you.

i always have a stargate stream in one of my tabs, have been watching it on repeat for nearly 2 years

>it's a canceled MMO episode

TRIGGERED

>stream

Ded franchise

>it's an "i was a pre alpha tester" episode

S01E09
stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Home

F

i have everything on dvd except SGU but im not gonna switch out dvd after dvd to watch it constantly

>When someone talks about vaginas

I never got this series, a bunch of rednecks waiting for a ubba-ubba bombastic weirdo coming from an ancient shitty relic never got me, quite boring, it was not about exploring or such...also the redneck interventionism was annoying

>but im not gonna switch out dvd after dvd to watch it constantly
Once every three hours or so...

>dvd

BR weren't a thing at the time goober

>SD

The first three seasons were shot on 15mm film.

I know. I'm fucking you.

Falls apart with RDA leaving. Even if he didn't want the show to centre on him, it did. They either needed a replacement a few seasons ahead and weave them into the team or needed to leave carter as the boss (but then they loose the snarky commander).

Earth tech got too big too fast with asgard suicide. Replicators were dealt with in a terrible manner (we'll just make another McGuffin in 30 minutes and solve everything). It needed more Earth politics, see the program reveal etc.

Revealing the stargate to Earth was meant to be the finale. Remember they had also moved atlantis to Earth by then. So Earth has an ancient city just chilling and asgard tech. It would have been a pure politics movie though, because the US basically had to admit they held dominion over the galaxy due to the technology they had.

>Earth tech got too big too fast with asgard suicide.
That was fine given that they already had atlantis.

>It needed more Earth politics
no

>Saw the movie
Pretty cash, oh there's a show too?
>Watch some random episode on TV
>Effects worse than early ST:TNG, plus running from invisible space nano bugs in terrible cliched plot and unbelievably sappy drama over a character death
I was too embarrassed for the show to ever watch it again.

>Effects worse than early ST:TNG
Objectively false.
I'm sorry you watched a boring filler episode though.

I had no interest in more characters drama though.

>yes you are stuck on a 1 way trip
>yes you are the worst people for this expedition
>but guess what, you're fucked and stuck

You could have had some characters completely shitting themselves every now and then, but not every episode (ending with those generic pop songs as people cry in a corner is not entertainment).

SGU was aimed at general populace, not SG fans. The core idea of wrong people, wrong place is fine, the execution was terrible. The stones only made things worse.

SG-1
Seasons 7,4,9,3,5,1,2, then 1 again,6,8,10
Then make sure to watch the episodes of the season all randomized and not in any order as well.

>watch them in order