You're the only man that's ever touched me

You're the only man that's ever touched me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAj26rVWK14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=NAj26rVWK14

gay nigger

Redpill me on Coonlight

Was it any good?

That was amazingly well executed. Second best in the film after the "Do you sell drugs?" scene

I genuinely feel sorry for the retards whispering cuck memes to themselves instead of experiencing this genuinely emotional work.

>Redpill me
>Coonlight

You'll hate it

More like thinking "there's thousands upon thousands of movies I haven't seen, the gay nigger genre can wait"

>"there's thousands upon thousands of movies I haven't seen, the gay nigger genre can wait"

Yes, that's the sort of reasoning Sup Forums shitposters go through. Watching movies, yeah.

It's an emotional film, but best picture? I think Manchester by The Sea was better. btw why what's the purpose of having fake gold teeth? When he eats he took em off. Just for showing off? dumb niggers.

I flunked college and even I can see it's an obvious reference to how he he's putting up a front for himself

We already had this thread...

Yes it was good, and it was actually quite redpilled.

I thought it was just ghetto stuff

Just watched this last night. I liked it, but question if Best Picture couldn't have gone to another movie. I still have to get to others like La La Land though.

Some shots just weren't my cup of tea, or at least I don't understand what they were trying to convey, apart from the dreamy subconscious elements to them as resting on Chiron's mind. Another thing was that the movie felt unfulfilling, like it left so many questions, especially of what comes next.

I'm more drawn to things like Ali's character in Juan and the dynamic between him and Paula. Ali earned that Best Actor award -- he made a drug dealer likable.

*Best Supporting Actor I meant

>tfw you will never have a Kevin

>what comes next

The antithesis of the entire fucking movie, which is the reason why it wasn't included in the film. He heals, grows, and develops as an individual into who he truly is/will be as opposed to the fake shell of a man that black communities and cultures pressure their men into being.

Like I said, redpilled as fuck.

is moolight took 12 years to make?

Gold veneers are a ghetto thing, make you look rich and hard even though they're not impressive or expensive, but the whole reason of him having them was him trying to put up a macho front for himself when he's actually emotional and gay.

Well sure but in terms of what you actually show determines how far this healing goes.

He had closure with his mom. He had closure with his homosexuality with Kevin (or opened the door to future resumed relations, who knows?).

But we don't know what the latter entails. We don't know if he went through with abandoning his drug business. We don't know if he's in Georgia or Florida. Sure we get that he's making the appropriate steps, but with the abrupt ending of the movie, that could've just as well been placed on a drive to Florida or after the mom's visit on his drive to the restaurant. I hope that clarifies why it feels unfulfilled for me. The placing seems somewhat arbitrary.

my dad called me a fag for liking this movie

The movie is white supremacy. Notice how a black male being emasculated garners acclaim, while Birth of a nation is vehemently shunned because a black man refused to submit. I'm sick of the gay agenda being pushed on the black community.

Your dad sounds like a cool guy

>Ali's first name is literally Mahershalalhashbaz

It think it's progressive but actually brings forward how dysfunctional black families are more than anything.

Birth of a Nation was shunned because the director literally raped somebody

As in, actual rape

That's not the point. As I saw it, the films works best when things are left unsaid. It never falls into the pit of over explaining the emotional undertones of the characters in order to gain cheap melodrama points. There COULD have been a scene of his mom comfronting Teresa. There COULD have bee a scene of Juan dying in a vioent way and telling him to "be a man". There could have been a scene of Chiron and Kevin getting together, and so on. But those scenes are absent because the external manifestation of the internal struggle is not the focus of the film. It focuses on internal growth.

I think it would have felt cheap if his last meeting with Kevin ended with them together and Chiron cleaning his act in an explicit way, like a fairy tale ending. It simply reminds us that the struggle is real, but compassion, tenderness and love are what keeps us going.

Weren't you bored by this point? The moment was fine, but the third chapter overall did very little for me.

The first two chapters had a load of great moments, great dynamics. Then the third just focused on one, and it wasn't that interesting. They didn't even feel like the same characters at this point, and, jeez, ten years have passed, you got one handjob, get over it.

Very much felt like a film that was almost great but is actually just fine. La La Land should've won.

You know, I agree about leaving things unsaid being great, but only within the time span of the movie. I do appreciate that they had an off-screen death for Juan between the time skip, for example.

But toward the end of the movie, something more complete could've been done or hinted at. Not even in an explicit or deliberate way. Just something subtle, like after they embrace, you hear a phone call and the dude who was counting Chiron's money earlier picks up and we don't hear what Chiron says but read the dude's facial expressions as he listens. Or, say, when the blue light is cast upon him at the very end, it's both Chiron and Juan on the beach, and Chiron takes off Juan's bandana and Juan starts to cry or something.

wait what

isnt that fukunaga? true detective s1? damn son

So I guess I'm the minority for really not liking this movie. Part 1 was great, had high expectations for what would come. Part 2 was okay, had good moments but wasn't as good as the first part.
Part 3 is what killed it for me, it was bad enough that it killed the entire movie for me.

But I understand why it won Best Picture, fucking oportunisitc ass movie.

me too. I doubt any of them have seen the film

>Was it any good?

It's boring and overrated.

Not "boring" as in lack of explosions and chase scenes, but "boring" as in, lack of fucking plot, subtext, symbolism, originality, creative exposition or any interesting character arc...

(protag goes from quiet black kid, to quiet autistic black teen to quiet badass dealer with no details given on how the final transormation, other than breaking a chair on a bully...he's gay, too, SFW...it's 2017)

It's a 40 minute short subject indie film painfully blown up into a two hour Hollywood "epic".

"Fences" is the thought-provoking 2016 black play adaptation to see, not this.

You're thinking of Beasts of No Nation, that was Fukunga's movie.
Birth of a Nation was directed by Nate Parker.

>what's the purpose of having fake gold teeth?

>Then the third just focused on one, and it wasn't that interesting
The third act is about how Chiron is feeling about what Kevin is doing and saying, and his inability to respond to it properly until the very end. Like when Kevin talks about his family and you know Chiron must be thinking about how he can never have that happiness himself, he can never be normal.

>jeez, ten years have passed, you got one handjob, get over it.
It was the only sexual experience he had ever had.

hey guys, want to win an Oscar? Make a film about minorities, black people, irans, muslims, gays, trans, etc. Release it at the end of the year. If your film doesn't win, cry fowl, call the Academy racist, call them homophobes, and then try again the following year and you will increase your chances to win by 77.2%

I hate niggers and faggots as much as the next guy but i thought it was excellent.

do you know anything about G culture user

He was acquitted.

I doubt most Academy members even saw this movie.

it was mediocre same with Hidden. If its Black Kino they're crying about I'd agree with Beasts of No Nation, that film was robbed and Elba as well

So did you hate Chiron? Did you empathize with him? Why do you hate gays and blacks?

>He was acquitted.

Do you think black people or gay people are inherently "special" and just the idea of a gay black man enough to carry an entire movie ?

If so, its the movie for you.

I really wish you would just leave this film discussion board if you have no interest in watching or discussing film.

>I hate niggers and faggots

Don't hate either, but this movie didn't give me any reason to care about this character outside of him simply being the protagonist and he's bullied and he's gay...that's it. And some Lifetime-tier shit about his crack mama.

In a much better gangsta movie, Clockers, Spike Lee's protag at least had a poignant interest in trains. Which is at least SOMETHING to make me give a shit about his wasted potential.

What the fuck was Chiron's potential? Bubble baths? Hide and seek?