youtube.com/watch?v=VFlZXlfda6Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're mistaken sir

GOAT tier doctor whos
> 1, 7, 9

SHIT tier doctor whos
> 12, War

War Dr Who was made out to be this fucking savage warrior, but in DotD he is some soft cock that used a gun to shoot writing (in English) at a wall.

Who is this elderly man?

He's like the cuddliest old man you ever met. Early Hartnell was a meaner bastard ffs

Sean Pertwee

That's what I'm saying. He didn't seem like a fucking warrior. The worst he did was hurl insults.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE LOOKS LIKE HE COULD BE PAUL'S DAD!

I hope we actually get to see Capaldi's face morph into 13's face this time.

Reminder to GET HYPE

GOAT tier
>1

GOOD tier
>2
>4
>6
>7
>8
>9
>12

MEH tier
>3
>War
>11

SHIT tier
>5
>10

>man with chips
>no Pigbin Josh

>MEH tier
Excuse me?

Double 3s confirm.

update the wiki BTW

The hype train is coming along very nicely.

I was wondering if I should add something to do with the water, haven't got any good ideas yet though

Reminder that while 1 is definitely GOAT, none of the Doctors are shit except 6 and even he was redeemed by Big Finish.

Series 10 stuff, you're welcome:

> Next teaser will broadcast during Comic Relief (Friday 24th March). It'll be a short clip from episode one starring Capaldi and Lucas, with a brief shot of Mackie at the end

> Saturday 1st April will see the entire list of episode titles revealed (and there'll be a Twitter meltdown because it's April Fools and nobody's quite sure if they're real or not, mainly because a couple of titles are just plain weird).

> BBC idents (akin to the one below) will then start to air throughout April, leading up to the premiere.

youtube.com/watch?v=UN1Vn_43eyk

6 didn't need redeeming, he was great on TV as he was. All Big Finish did was calm him down a bit.

Gatiss drowning in a puddle of Brian Hayles' tears?

Neither is the metacrisis Doctor. I'm looking forward to Kris Marshall's Doctor going on missions for the Time Lords again in exchange for a new regeneration cycle. The whole "13 lives" thing has real story potential and I hope it isn't squandered.

I doubt he'll be doing shit for the Time Lords after Hell Bent.

More likely we'll get Rogue Rassilon hunting down the Doctor for sweet Revenge of Rassilon

The best thing about Hell Bent is that we should be able to get multiple not necessarily evil (but sometimes evil) rogue Time Lords again instead of just the Master over and over.

I'm sure Drax found himself a nice safe job to ride out the Time War, until he managed to get in a bit of trouble with certain members of the castellan's squad, and now that they're out of their hot pocket he'll be finding himself a few odd jobs around the universe until the heat dies down.

But, better than that, now they can invent new ones and actually show them to us instead of just talking about them like the Corsair.

Bullshit. We'll have a proper trailer before 24th March.

They may release a re-cut version of "I'm Bill, I serve chips" but as for a different one, no.

>But, better than that, now they can invent new ones and actually show them to us instead of just talking about them like the Corsair.

Tbf, they could've done that pre-Hell Bent, and even at any point since 2005 if they'd really wanted to. Especially after they introduced the fobwatch.

>Another one
>What does it mean
>What's the mad fool talking about now

Clearly most of them had no clue what he was writing and only figured it out when other Time Lords who spoke English told them, or after someone used a translation matrix.

If the BBC don't release the official trailer this month then they should slap themselves because their marketing for series 10 has been horrific so far. People will forget the show is even coming out.

i imagine it'd take months to blast gallifreyan circle text into walls but it'd be hilarious if he did

Source? or GTFO!

Horrific? Nah. They gave us a specially-shot trailer, which is better than 2015 at least. The trailer and marketing will go into overdrive during April

I liked the 'shock value' of 11's sudden change to 12. Just seemed perfect at the time, and Clala's stunned reaction.

Will Moffat or Chibnall (or both) write 12's regeneration? Moffat the goodbye, Chibnall the hello to 13?

But using the fobwatch again would have been pretty cheap; now they don't need any extra plot device.

Similarly, while they certainly could have explained why a Time Lord either deliberately fled the War or somehow couldn't get back, now they don't need any such explanation.

For example, imagine someone like Rodan from Deadly Assassin, who was inspired by the Doctor and bored of being a Time Lady and considering going off to explore the universe and right the wrongs that the Time Lords ignored, but then the War happened, so she stayed behind to do her duty managing the transduction barriers, and now she's finally free.

Now take that same story and add an explanation for why she left her post on Gallifrey and hid out as a human, without changing her character. It's not impossible, but it's a lot harder, and it takes time and focus away from just introducing the character as someone interesting.

Moffat has said in an interview that he'll work/chat to Chibnall and find out where he wants him to 'park the TARDIS'. So I imagine, like End of Time, Moffat will write up til the moment 12 regenerates (his last lines plus "VFX: Regeneration") then let Chibnall take the last scene/s

People want to see FOOTAGE as in actual series footage. That is what gets the attention of the masses. The series starts literally two weeks into April, series 9 had great marketing via two very well edited cinematic trailers released months before series 9 aired.

Chibnall will bring back multiple Time Lords and invent a tone of new ones I guarantee it.

They'll get a clip during Comic Relief. Who knows, maybe they'll re-air a re-cut "I serve chips" trailer too along with it. Comic Relief will be seen by at least 6 or 7 million, so it's all good. Then they ramp up the marketing for 2 weeks.

Let's pray he doesn't bring back any. Focus on making new ones, invent new mythology and stuff rather than boringly bringing back Rodan or some shit.

>People want to see
S9, they give us edited-together actual footage, and fans complain that there's no specially-shot trailer like there was for S8.

S10, they give us a specially-shot trailer, and fans complain there's no actual footage.

Gosh, it's almost like different people want to see different things.

>series 9 had great marketing via two very well edited cinematic trailers released months before series 9 aired

Which tended to air on BBC1 in the UK at 10 and 11pm at night, and which ended with the Doctor saying "same old same old". The marketing for S9 was shit.

S10's already way better, with a much more accessible trailer plus the fun specially-recorded clip.

Proper footage filled trailers are always better than those cringe filled specially shot trailers.

I dunno. I'd say the 11th Doctor & Amy in the vortex one is a lot more memorable than the actual Series 5 Coming Soon trailer.

>Let's pray he doesn't bring back any.
Other than Romana or the Rani, and maybe Borusa, none of the classic-series Time Lords had enough details about them to constrain any stories they wanted to tell. It would make no difference to the story whether some young Time Lady inspired by the Doctor were named Rodan or Namla, except maybe for one line of dialogue in her first episode, so I honestly don't care either way. If calling her Rodan would make a few nerds squee, go for it. If it would make other fans groan, don't do it. Or just flip a coin. Whatever.

Yes, you obviously speak for all of The People, so the user directly above you is not a person, nor is the one directly below you. There's no way it could be possible that different people have different opinions so appealing to you while ignoring everyone else might not be a good marketing strategy.

The Rani has potential, but only because of the amoral scientist angle. Even then, they could just break free from old shit and invent a new character with that angle, start over, and make it feel fresh.

I'm not bothered about Romana, Susan, the Monk, any of the old -- except maybe Rassilon, but even he was ruined in nuWho.

Omega and Rassilon are two I'd keep, but I'd ditch the rest and leave them to BF.

>Namla
By the way, my first two attempts at mashing random keys before this one turned out to be names with pages at the TARDIS Data Core. That's just a coincidence, and there really aren't that many names already used, right?

Girly letters go to bed.

Rani can fuck off, Monk played by Chris O'Dowd pls.

Come one mate. The series deserves a proper trailer as well as the specially shot one. Do you WANT the show to fail or are you just being contrarian?

Sum up Twelve's era without the word JUST.

The Monk still baffles me, in the sense that we don't know his true name/moniker. He was only a Monk cos in his first story he was hiding out in a Monastery. And it just stuck ever since. I don't trust nuWho. They'd have Gatiss write an origins story for him, revealing his name and botching the concept behind him.

>The Rani has potential, but only because of the amoral scientist angle.
But the Rani is a shit character in her 2-1/2 appearances, and all the attempts to redeem her in novels and audios and comics failed, except maybe her cameo in that one Iris Wildthyme story. There's just too much baggage, so for her, I do actually care whether it's the Rani or a new amoral scientist character.

But again, other than Borusa and Romana—and the Monk, who I forgot because I'm stupid, so thanks—I don't think anyone else has that much baggage. (And for the latter two, it's mostly good baggage.)

Inconsistent.

>But the Rani is a shit character in her 2-1/2 appearances, and all the attempts to redeem her in novels and audios and comics failed, except maybe her cameo in that one Iris Wildthyme story. There's just too much baggage, so for her, I do actually care whether it's the Rani or a new amoral scientist character.

That's why I said:

>they could just break free from old shit and invent a new character with that angle, start over, and make it feel fresh.

>The Monk still baffles me, in the sense that we don't know his true name/moniker
He only appeared in 1-1/8 stories ever, so why should we have ever learned more about him.

Unless you follow the non-TV stories, in which case we actually do know his entire history, including even his real name.

Or you believe he's the first incarnation of the War Chief and/or the Master, in which case, again, we know a lot more.

I'm intrigued. What name have the spin-offs given him? I bet it'll be lame.

>they could just break free from old shit
Yes, I think we're agreeing on that. The only difference (if any) is that I think the Rani is kind of special among Classic Who Time Lords in not being just a name attached to a blank slate so it doesn't matter either way.

kris marshall to be the first irish dr who

and this'll be his theme tune in a bold move to ditch the old theme tune to keep the show trendy

youtube.com/watch?v=gL-WVjvzu34

I'm kinda surprised they haven't just amalgamated the character into Missy. Give her a fascination with amoral sciencey stuff and experiments, and bingo.

>series 9 had great marketing
"no"

>I'm intrigued. What name have the spin-offs given him?
Mortimus.

According to Gary Russell's novels, that's his real name. A couple of later novels imply that it may have just been his college nickname, like "Theta Sigma" for the Doctor, and we don't know his real name, but that doesn't make it much better.

Meanwhile, he was called The Monk before his first TV appearance, but they're not consistent on whether it was a nickname he tried to force for himself, or something the Doctor and the Master called him as an insulting nickname.

>I bet it'll be lame.
And you didn't even know Gary Russell was the one who named him, so bonus points. :)

kris' end credits theme tune
youtube.com/watch?v=VFlZXlfda6Y

golden age

>kris marshall to be the first irish dr who
Yes, a west-country Englishman who grew up in Hong Kong and has no Irish ancestry will be the first Irish Doctor. I hope he can do a really good 1960s comedy Oirish accent and talk about leprechauns.

His name in the EU is Mortiumus, he was a friend of the Doctor and Master and went to the academy with them.

Mortimus the Monk. I can see why they went for it but eeeeesh. Mind you, Time Lord names are tricky. They either end up being stupidly lame ("Damon" in the 5th Doctor era) or hilariously wanky and naff sci-fi.

>tfw clala ruined 12's run from the get go
>12 was never redeemed and had inconsistent, poor stories
i feel bad for capaldi

Be a shame if they got an English actor do play the first Irish Doctor when there are loads of good Irish actors who could fill the roll.

>I'm kinda surprised they haven't just amalgamated the character into Missy.
It would kind of be a waste to make the OTT-batshit-crazy character and the amoral-scientist character the same person.

Not that I think the Master always has to be OTT-batshit-crazy, even if Gomez does it much better than Simm, but that doesn't mean he should turn into the Rani instead.

I mean, the Master does have dodgy morals and is also a scientist on the same level as the Doctor anyway!

Ello Chaps

Unless the goal is to piss of the Welsh ("Finally, the Doctor represents every UK nation… there's not one we're forgetting, is there? And in other news, Chibnall is moving production from Cardiff to Manchester") and the Irish at the same time…

Go to bed Russell.

Post stories you'll never watch again.

Moffat, Capaldi, Gillan, Gomez... IT'S THE SCOTTISH AGENDA

Well, yeah, but then you might as well make every not-good Time Lord into the Master, like those fans who insist that the Monk and the War Chief must be his prior incarnations because they were bad guys.

Dubs confirm.

Literally all of Series 8 and 9 except for bits of Heaven Sent

Fair point

Clala was the only redeeming feature.

Monk is just morally gray though. He's more of an anti-hero. Trying to do the right thing in his own view but messing up history like an ass.

The Monk also seemed to just enjoy changing time for shits and giggles, and didn't give a shit about the consequences

Dubs confirm the Valeyard is the series 10 villain.

That too. But his overall goal according to EU was the greater good.

>IT'S THE SCOTTISH AGENDA
You forgot Neve "Vastra" McIntosh.

But in truth, it goes back a lot further than 2010. David Tennant. Sylvester McCoy. Frazer Hines. And Sydney Newman? Everyone knows he's 3/4ths Jewish, but the quarter? Scottish.

Imagine if Clara had been played by an ugly actress. Would anyone have liked her?

Do you think they are a sexual couple?

>inb4 colors user

definitely not.

Most of the fandom hated Clara.

Hence ''the clala show''.

That's the kinda shit I hate. Everyone apparently needs a greater goal or motivation these days. Whereas in 1966, the Monk was created purely as someone who enjoyed fucking about in time, simple and fun.

Unless someone does a new recon, this is probably the last one I'd ever rewatch.

delete this you'll summon him

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials