Star Wars Novels

Just started Attack of The Clones by R.A. Salvatore. Really entertaining and well written. I finished The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks the other day and really liked it so I thought I give this a shot.

So what's Sup Forums's opinion on the Star Wars books? Have you read one before and actually liked it? Are there any that are better than the films in the saga?

Literally a /lit/ thread.

Don't read adaptations, there are much better books.

You really think /lit/ gives a fuck about Star Wars anons??

They're pretty great and this book makes the movie make a lot more sense because a lot of details were cut from the movie.

Well Sup Forums sure as hell don't give a duck about Star Wars.

was jar jar binks in the novels?

lol that's a joke user...good one.

Yes he is in this one I'm reading so far which is Attack of the Clones and was HIGHLY well written in The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks along with ALLL of the other Gungan.

RotS novelization is great, it actually makes Anakin's fall believable

Yeah, I've heard AMAZING things from fellow readers about The Revenge of The Sith novel. What did you think of the other novels in the saga user?

The original Thrawn trilogy is still the best, and far better than anything in the new Disney movies or EU

stover's are pretty good

novel > movie

One of the best film novelizations ever. It adds so much more to the story and literally puts you in Anakin's head as he embraces the dark side. I agree with you, user. I can't recommend it enough.

Honestly if you want to talk to other fans go to the general on Sup Forums. Nobody here is worth talking to about things you like.

>The original Thrawn trilogy is still the best
I read it when it first came out and remember liking it. Anyone going to pick up the new Timothy Zahn Thrawn book?

Anyone know if I can pick that up without having read any of the new canon novels or watching Rebels?

Plus some gay butt-stuff and quips.
It's unironically my favorite star wars book

>gay butt-stuff
what?

Pic related and the republic commando novels are goat

those novels are repetitive AF
>bane goes to some ancient sith location for a holocron
>finds followers or creatures of said sith lord
>rides a monster
>bane almost gets poisoned in every book
>extra points for edgy dark jedi showing up but being shit compared to bane

I read these when I was a teenager, I remember enjoying them.

it makes it almost downright shakspearean..which the prequel triology could have been in contrast it to the hero's journey story of the OT

Darth Plagueis was shit. Was half politics half Sheev being a faggot.

The first one was dope. Also chucked at BANE for the first like, 5 chapters

>going on Sup Forums

Ok the poison parts are repetitive but the rest is pretty enjoyable

>Ducks were a species of non-sentient birds that evolved on Naboo,[1] a planet in the Mid Rim.[3] They had broad and elongated bodies, with a relatively long neck and a broad bill. They also had two legs set far back on the body and a pair of short, pointed wings.[2] At least one race of ducks had brown-speckled plumage.[1] They could be seen swimming on the Solleu River, a river that ran through Theed, the capital city of Naboo.[4] Their planet was also home to other waterfowl species, the quadducks and the pelikki

>As ducks were widespread in the galaxy, they were incorporated in several idiomatic expressions in Galactic Basic Standard,[1] including "sitting duck."[6] The ship known as the Dusty Duck was presumably also named for these animals.[7] However, not all residents of the galaxy were familiar with ducks, especially in some of the provincial regions or on dry, arid planets of the galaxy, like Tatooine. Luke Skywalker curiously asked what a duck was.[8]

"If we can't get the shield generator fixed, we'll be sitting ducks."
―Captain Quarsh Panaka

>Darth Plagueis was shit. Was half politics half Sheev being a faggot.
That book was great, you're a fucking queer.

fuck off cunt, that's only disney wars

I am so glad I'm not alone in feeling this. The novelization actually manages to conjure the emotion and scope necessary to do justice to such a pivotal moment in a timeless saga. It's tragic to know how good the movie could have been if someone gave a shit.

>this is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker, forever.