Everybody's talking about how great this movie is. It makes me want to see it...

Everybody's talking about how great this movie is. It makes me want to see it, but then I realize that I'd have to watch a bunch of other movies in the franchise first. Is it worth it? I hear even the "good" ones are full of obvious homosexual allegories, and that's not something I'm interested in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ezsReZcxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this bait?

you dont have to watch the other movies at all

>I realize that I'd have to watch a bunch of other movies in the franchise first

No you don't. So long as you know who wolverine and charles is, you'll be fine

No, it isn't. I want to see this one, but none of the others interest me.

Logan, Xavier, an albino and some kids are the only mutants left in the world. Every other mutant is dead. There, now you can watch Logan. You don't need to see the other X-Men movies.

It's basically standalone but the ending hits harder if you have a history with the character

>essential X-kino
X2
First Class

>bretty gud
X1
Last Stand
Days of Future Past

>"it's okay I guess" tier
Origins Wolverine
Apocalypse

>avoid like a leper
Wolverine

>not an actual X-Men movie
Deadpool

but basically what said

It wasn't that great of a movie. It was probably as "serious" as you can make an Xmen movie.

Watchmen is a better adult/drama superhero movie.

There was never any sense of danger. The baddies had little depth. Story was full of cliches.

Part of its appeal is having seen the other movies. Think maybe Harry Potter and all the shit they went through together then finally kill Dumbledore. Its not so much you will not understand references or appearances. Its more knowing the bond Wolverine and Xavier have.

>There was never any sense of danger.
Wrong.

Speaking about Logan...
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ezsReZcxU

>Last Stand
>>bretty gud

>Origins Wolverine
>>"it's okay I guess" tier

>Wolverine
>>avoid like a leper

Are you trying to mislead OP? Last Stand is a total mess, Origins Wolverine is horrible schlock, Wolverine is fine.

>age old story archetypes and christ pictures
>cliches
How can you be this much of a pleb?

Kill yourself OP, you worthless fucking faggot

I wanna say this history doesn't require watching the shitty xmen movies.

If you have a surface understanding of the characters, that's all you really need for an emotional impact.

This. So much this.

Bullshit I'm wrong.

It was obvious when Logan was actually capable of dying and when he wasn't. The little girl wasn't going to die. Charles was likely doing to die.

The sense of danger for the black family was undermined by how ridiculous of a decision it was to stay there for the night.

You couldn't care about the black boy because the little girl put the wrong earbud in her ear and that was distracting.

After the albino was captured, it was obvious he was going to die by the end.

holy hell let me fix this shit

>essential X-kino
The Wolverine

>bretty gud
DOFP
First Class
X1

>"it's okay I guess" tier
X2

>avoid like a leper
Origins
Last Stand

Show me superhero film where there's a sense of danger

>You couldn't care about the black boy because the little girl put the wrong earbud in her ear and that was distracting.

This sounds so fucking stupid kek and you probably don't realize it you fucking autist

I fully realized how silly that was.

Welcome to text-based communicated. Nobody knows anyone's intent.

Exactly. That's why most of them can't be taken too seriously.

There will be a lot of things that you think you missed from earlier movies
You did not though, it really basically skips the entire setup of what happened with Logan, Charles, and Caliban and is just implied throughout the movie
The characters are pretty much the only thing that carry over from other movies

Special
Super
Superman II
Mr. Freedom
Unbreakable
Dredd
Dark Knight Rises
Kick-Ass

Yeah the whole series is a metaphor for homosexuality but it's worth it after watching this movie. So. Good.

It was actually very dragged out and mediocre.

Every mutant kid just stands and watches Logan get wrecked by X-24

Lol this

The Wolverine was my favorite solo Wolverine movie.

Why does it get so much shit? I thought it was a lot of fun.

just torrent Xmen 1 and 2 and then jump into logan should be fine

Both wrong, here's the definitive list:

>essential X-kino (packed with good stuff)
X2
DoFP
Logan

>bretty gud (A lotta good with some shit sprinkled in)
First Class
X1
Wolverine

>"The CGI setpieces are okay I guess"/"I always wanted to see Magneto destroy Auschwitz"tier
Apocalypse

>avoid like a leper
Origins
Last Stand

>but then I realize that I'd have to watch a bunch of other movies in the franchise first.

movies aren't videogames you moron

>Origins Wolverine
>above anything

>last stand
>not complete trash
The last stand was so bad that Bryan singer went back and apologized for it by making sure it never actually happened using time travel. This has to be some serious bait.