Superhero movies

>Logan tracking for a >$80m opening weekend

After the success of this and Deadpool, will this convince Marvel and DC to take more risks and stop being faggots?

no.

Just Fox

Fox already takes risks though.

Better than the boring, safe shit everybody else puts out

Hard to say. Deadpool did better than 90% of the stand-alone titles in the MCU, but the MCU essentially prints money at this point. They don't NEED to go R to make a couple billion a year in movies.

But never underestimate the greed of the Hollywood Jew.

Weren't these 2 movies cheap to make, at least compared with how much the Avenger movies get?

MCU has been printing money, but I have noticed more complaints across the board of their movies being too "safe" and generic.

Once Infinity War is done, and RDJ and probably Chris Evans/Hemsworth want to move on, they need to make some new heroes to carry the franchise

Marvel can easily release a movie about a street level hero and have it somewhat reference the MCU.

I can see them doing a Punisher movie because it'd be easy to distance it away from their MCU plans.

watching wolverine die for 2 hours, WHAT A DREAM COME TRUE.

DC of course. Marvel is doing fine with their proven formula.

Yes

>Deadpool: $58m production budget
>Grossed: $783m

>Logan: $95m production budget
>Grossed: 237m already

Compared to
>Civil war: $250m production budget
>Thor 2: $170m
>Man of Steel: $225m
>BvS: $250m
>Avengers 2: $250m

Fact, not opinion. Marvel has been topping the charts ratings wise, income wise and merchandise wise. Why would they deviate from that.

The closest approximation is Guardians of the Galaxy. No MCU title had less than $140-$150M in budget.

Deadpool
Budget: $58 million
Box office: $783.1 million

Guardians
Budget: $232.3 million
Box office: $773.3 million

The world doesn't need more capeshit, no matter what the rating.

I will never be allowed a low budget R rated Batman detective horror thriller.

The only MCU movies that beat Deadpool were the collaboration movies (Avengers) and Iron Man.

And this was on a tiny budget with a character that wasn't really well known to normies.

There's potential to make more money if they can do similar rather than another generic movie like Ant Man that made half the money with twice the budget

>And this was on a tiny budget with a character that wasn't really well known to normies.
>deadpool
nigga stop lying.

get this shit straight: deadpool and logan weren't successful because they were rated R and because they were cheap.

How's that lying? They may have heard his name mentioned on twitter or youtube, but most people don't read comics

>deadpool and logan weren't successful because they were rated R and because they were cheap.

I never said they were.

I said they strayed away from the usual formula, and made good, interesting movies that stand out. And they were rewarded for it

Warner and DC took risks too but their movies suck ass regardless.

>Can't have a decent x-23 movie until she ages up some or they'll have to recast some boring fap bait.

>Took risks

Hardly, they just tried to copy Nolan's dark, realistic tone and hamfisted in a set up for the Justice League. Nothing about DC's movies are risky.

how retarded are you?

The MCU can't go R because that means loosing money from the children and their parents.

>It's a good movie because it's sad

I like this false head cannon you've created. Deadpool was and has been a highly popular character, even with normies.

Most people didn't read Iron Man or Avenger comics either.

Isn't that what they're already doing with their Netflix titles? Season 2 of Daredevil definitely would've been rated R had it been released as a movie.

all their netflix shit has been pretty much r rated.

Yes. Daredevil, especially season 2, is very violent.

Real normies user, not redditors

Real normies don't know any comic book heroes besides Batman and Superman.

it was ok. action scenes were great and the movie itself was really good up until they have dinner with the horse owners who live by the cornfield. right about there it started to lose steam.

they should have explored better how xavier killed the x-men and main villain was complete shit.

and wolverine, spider-man and iron man.

Marvel doesn't need to. It already puts out the hard stuff on Netflix

will Fox stop when they are winning or they make another X3, The Wolverine or Apocalypse?

I doubt it.

Marvel's line is basically the Disney's princess movies for boys, which is something they lacked for a very long while in their history. They won't stray away from it. They will (or have) reach the point of diminishing returns and they'll waddle a bit before some renaissance or whatever, but they won't go to any extremes.

DC will probably try it out of desperation and fail spectacularly.

But DC are taking risks, it's just that the risks end up terrible

>>Deadpool: $58m production budget
>>Grossed: $783m

Holy smokes what

Deadpool was pretty shit btw

They'll fuck it up. Wasn't the last X-Men movie as well as Logan supposed to be the last of the X-Men movies? If not ,then yea, they'll fuck it up. That's all they have besides a Sinister Six movie they're still trying to make happen, rofl. God forbid they try to reboot another Fantastic 4. But sadly, yes, Fox is putting out better movies than DC.

That's exactly what they're doing. Doing a high budget Netflix show versus a mid-budget R rated theatrical release mitigates the risk and creates a more stable return on the investment.
Plus you don't have to worry about trailers and TV spots

Yes but Disney can easily ignore the Netflix shows and keep on milking Marvel before everyone gets fatigued with capeshit.

Everyone has been anticipating the end of the capeshit fad for years but we all know it's coming soon.

>they should have explored better how xavier killed the x-men
Fucking hell, THIS. They left me completely blueballed on that one.

it was the most interesting part of the movie.

i didnt give a single fuck about any of those kids in the end and found them annoying desu.

Punisher isn't getting a movie any time soon. He's already locked into a Netflix spot.

Ghost Rider likely isn't coming back in movie form either, partly because of Agents of B.L.E.H. and partly because of the too-fresh baggage of the previous movies.

They've talked about rebooting Blade, but I don't see it happening.

Frankly Marvel just doesn't have a lot of open properties for an R rated movie. And it's smarter for them, IMO, to keep the riskier stuff on Netflix. More creative freedom, less depending on blockbuster numbers.

>more capeshit
>risk

ok retard

DC? Maybe. They've done that before with Watchmen. I hope they follow through with R-rated Red Hood, Lobo, and Suicide Squad 2.

Marvel, definitely not. Won't blame them, they're owned by Disney. They gotta keep their family friendly image.

>will this convince Marvel and DC to take more risks
Absolutely not. Marvel/Disney wouldn't risk a known cash cow. Not just the movies, but all of the toys and merchandise. The Marvel movies are super popular with kids.

Logan and Deadpool are both Marvel superheroes so Marvel wins haha

Marvel > DC

did anyone notice this?
>logan needed a big round metal room like cerebro to dampen xavier's psychic blasts

>the feet of the water tower look clean, flat.
perhaps cut clean through...

Disney has a perfect formula going with their MCU, there's no way they would risk fucking that up.

Since every film has an overarching connection with the main series, it pushes people to go see all the new releases in theaters. It's like a film ecosystem that keeps people coming back.

If they released a film like Logan is just wouldn't gel with their franchise, and they would start to splinter the series they've worked so hard to cultivate.

I could see them start to make grittier superhero films once Iron-Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk are gone. After that we're left with Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Vision, and Scarlet Witch. Other than Spider-Man, nobody gives a shit about those characters, so it will behoove them to start experimenting with tonally different films.

Until Deadpool, Fox made the safest fucking movies in the world with shoestring budgets.

For fucks sake, Apocalypse was the first time when one of Wolverine's berserker scenes even had blood in it.

But its okay, the MCU is popular and WB makes objectively terrible capeshit, so we might as well turn a blind eye to Fox to be a special snowflake.

I don't think anybody here is going to defend X3 or Origins or what have you, but is it wrong to appreciate that they're trying now?

And honestly, despite being safe, I'd say that X2, First Class, and DoFP are way above average superhero films.

Gonna see this fuckshit tonight.