It was an ABORTION!

It was an ABORTION!

That face is an abortion.

are you gay?

>and it was a boy, Michael, it was son!

Cue E. Honda 1000 hand slap.

Yea it was a bit much that Coppola did a repeat cut of that one slap.

I'm surprised he didn't have the bitch smoked after this.

What was the real reason Micheal failed as a Don compared to his father?

I fucking hate Kay and I know how deplorable and shitty it is for her to break it to him like she just burnt the roast or something. But this is why I don't feel pity for women who shack up and have kids with criminals, white collar or not.

You can't play house and gangster at the same time. You can't even get away with smoking weed around your kids, what the fuck makes you think you're gonna get away with marrying a fucking mafia don?

Oh wait, she did get away, her daughter got shot.

Because it's a losing game. He was a great Don. He wasn't Christ himself, who also got fucked in the end.

Harder the fall and all that.

Nah, Vito was loved and respected. People detested Micheal and constantly wanted to see him fall. Vito's only problem was not getting into the drug game.

I think a lot of why Michael failed had to do with the times changing. Vito was respected because he helped Italians when they were still poor second class citizens. By the time the 70's rolled around, drugs were the only way to make money. There was no "honest crime" left to do.

Agreed, Karen Hill was a much better mob waifu.

Only divorced Henry after he ratted, and honestly who can respect a fucking snitch?

By the end of the first movie, it was perfectly clear to her who Michael had become. If she wasn't cool with all the mafia shit, she should have left him right then. If you're gonna marry a mob boss, you've gotta embrace that lifestyle and not live your life feigning ignorance and privately judging the morals of everyone around you. Fuck Kay.

>you've gotta embrace that lifestyle

Well he didn't want to accept it was wrong to expose his children to that. They're both at fault as far as that goes.

This was a great scene.

> that's my family, Kaye. it's not me.

Don Vito was kind of an unbelievable character, though. He was just a guy that became a crime boss only to protect his friends and family, and no one ever suffered unjustly under his reign. Bullshit.

>and no one ever suffered unjustly under his reign
Read the novel

Because, as Godfather 2 shows, Vito brought people together and Michael drove people apart

Sure, but she should have been under no illusion that Michael would ever have seen things that way. Michael took extreme pride in his role and clearly would have wanted to pass it on to a son.

PACINO FUCKING LAUNCHED HIS WHOLE BODY AT HER

DIDNT THINK HE WAS PHYSICALLY CAPABLE OF THAT SPEED

ACTING, SHIEEEEET

>By the end of the first movie, it was perfectly clear to her who Michael had become

No. Michael's last words to Kay were that he'd be different n' shit. C'mon, son.

Why did he betray Michael?
Also why did Hyman Roth want Michael dead so badly?

didnt he not betray micheal? and wasnt hyman roth not trying to kill micheal just set him up for a shitty investment?

Penangeli was lead to believe Michael put the hit out on him at the bar by Roth's men who said something about "Michael Corleone says hello."

I don't really remember the second question.

this reminds me of my grandma telling me stories of when she was a kid on broome st in little italy (1920s) and how the irish cops use to fuck with them and knock shit over and steal fruit off carts and do w.e. they wanted untill word got around and stopped asap

she divorced him after he started getting abusive and binge drinking and drug use and having to keep being relocated

Did you watch the movie? He was very loyal until Roth set him up but made it look like the hit came from Micheal. He wasn't expected to survive but he did and decided to flip because he had nowhere else to go.

>why did Hyman Roth want Michael dead so badly?
Moe Greene. They all say it's business not personal but that's bullshit.