Was Paul Pogba's red card correct? It was a horrible accident that could've led to severe damage in the hamstring...

Was Paul Pogba's red card correct? It was a horrible accident that could've led to severe damage in the hamstring, which could've ended Arsenals right back's career.

Although it was horrible, it was clearly unavoidable and accidental. It happend partly due the defenders fault. He defended in such an "incorrect" position, eventually positioning his leg under Pogba's right foot.

As a fifth division referee (nothing spectacular), I see this as a mistake from the referee. At first everyone expected a Yellow card, even though after looking closely at the replay, maybe that would've been too harsh as well.

Please argument why the appeal shouldn't be accepted and stay neutral. We are football fans judging this situation, not whether Manchester United deserved the red card or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kr-U6TcukpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pogba could have jumped and done a back flip over him, hope he gets a lengthy ban.

United probably would have scored from that attack too if play was allowed to continue

Bellering should get expelled for defending like a retard

City already bribed all the referees
it's common knowledge at this point

There was literally nothing he could do. Although, I hated the fact that he continued to play. He could've ended a man's career yet he chose to play rather than stop.

The referee clearly knew he mistook the situation, because his focus went down by quite a lot. Most clear was the red card kosielny should've gotten as well as the crystal clear penalty.

Bribed or not, he was put under a lot of stress, which clearly shows that the referee is not premier league tier.

I know ur a United fan, i see you posting in threads regularly.

You can't fool me

t. Sup Forums Expert

Is it possible to have the red card cancelled?

1. I lurk here, I don't post here, I mostly post in /adv/
2. I only lurk here when I watch a match and want a "live chat"
3. Not united fan, but I've been following the premier league
4. I look at games to improve my own referee skills, maybe you'll see me on TV one day :D (not likely)

It's not the first time that he acts like a complete nog.

t. customer

If the team think it was a mistake or wrong, they could try sending an appeal to lift the ban. The FA decides whether or not the ban deserves a lift or not.

Because apperantly, a red card gives 3 match ban now. Which seems retarded if you ask me

Kinda irrelevant but aight

3 match ban? Wow.

That was completely unintentional and he didn't play dangerously. United should try to lift the ban. But I dunno if that works in the EPL or if it is like in FM where no matter what happens they never lift bans.

youtube.com/watch?v=kr-U6TcukpU
He be a good boy, dindu nuffin

Accidental or not, you can't stomp a player like that. Pogba wasn't considering the other player's safety when he followed through.
The ban should stand.

That's irrelevant to this situation here.

The British FA rarely lift the ban, because they "trust" the referees. But I hope they do like in the other leagues.

He didn't play dangerously.

You can't throw yourself at his foot and demand, you're in the wrong football thread

man u sucks

will defenders start laying their legs down to try to get players red carded? is this a new meta?

it was a clear red and clearly on purpose

I think Pogba definitely had an opportunity to dodge Bellerin had he reacted quicker, but he didn't "follow through" as much as "plod along" at the same pace. Bellerin was just opening himself up in a terrible challenge that never had a hope of doing much more than deflect the ball to another United counterattacker. Will definitely see more players crouch in the swastika position if it's revealed as a viable alternative to professional yellow.

I'll keep an eye out m80 ;-)

He played the ball

He's a cunt but he can't be held responsible for a guy kneeling down in front of him

No the defender basically took a kneel right in front of him. What do you expect to happen with someone charigng at you like that? The red was harsh, should have gave them both a yellow for recklessness.

absolute fucking state of united "fans"

I'm a Liverpool fan and he shouldn't have been sent off

If every player "tackled" like Bellerin does here then we'd get multiple red cards a match. It was an incorrect decision. Pogba also won the ball before he stood on Bellerin's collapsed leg.

the weak must fear the strong