Why no girls football?

Why isn't girls football a thing at the high school/college level?

I am a girl and I love football, but I wasn't allowed to play on the boys team. My parents said I should play soccer or basketball or something on the girls team, but I don't care about those sports. I'm in my 20s now, but I would like to see programs built so that other girls have the opportunity to play.

Yes there is amateur/semi-pro women's football, but I didn't find out about that until just a couple years ago, there's barely any exposure for it. And then there's lingerie football, which is pretty much a mockery.

Some people might think that not enough girls would be interested for most schools to field a team, but I don't think there's any way to know that for sure, especially after a few years when it would become more common and normalized.

Girls football when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-T8J6O4M0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_American_football#United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=10Mt4K8LB2g
youtube.com/watch?v=fnRt_JEoBRU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Women's_Football_League#2017_United_States_Women.27s_Football_League_.28USWFL.29
wfaprofootball.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tits or GTFO

>implying

Sharpie in pooper

>I am a girl and I love football

you want an answer? cause nobody wants to see women's sports. girls football would just look like a slower, less skilled boys football so why would people want to see it?

I know a girl who used to fuck a member of the Pittsburgh Passion (and not one of the fatties). She once admitted that almost the entire team are lesbians. Would've been pretty hot to see

There is girls' football, it's called the PAC12

#shotsfired

Season ticket for Arsenal FC: $2713

Season ticket for Arsenal Ladies FC: $47.17

The problem with women's sports is that there's nowhere near as much money to make from them. So they don't get promoted.

There will never be a major women's NFL in your lifetime. You will unfortunately have to settle for being a trailblazer stuck with crappy income and crappy conditions and crappy coverage and crappy prospects so that future generations will be able to thrive.

School sports aren't just about the money though. By that logic why do they have any girls sports? It's about developing character and promoting fitness in the students.

Okay so why isn't LFL a thing in high school and college? Why can't girls get scholarships for that?

>By that logic why do they have any girls sports?

Law says they have to have them

They're making pole dancing an olympic sport

Choose your battles

Title 9

In the CTE category, there's always WMMA:
youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-T8J6O4M0

I took a sports media class last year at school (inb4 shit degree etc. it was an elective).

We spent a week talking about women's sports and if they would ever make it into the men's leagues. I was the first to actually bring up the biologically inferior to men fact; after I did others agreed, but it was incredible to see how cucked people have been that they were afraid to say it before someone else did.

some NHL teams have had female goalies in some exhibition games

That's not what I'm talking about. Why don't schools have girls only football?

In my experience, girls lose interest in playing football by the time they reach high school. It's not uncommon to see young girls playing Pop Warner; however, by the time they graduate elementary school, none want to play freshman ball. And it's not because playing in high school is intimidating. They just don't want to play anymore and are interested in other things.

girls can play HS football, but HS football is generally dominated by freakish chads and nogs. there was a girl who played kicker recently, but that is about the high point girls can expect. HS football is incredibly competitive and teams aren't willing to risk taking affirmative action in the name of progress for state championships
>tl;dr get gud

Nice

Clemson just recuited a Lesbian QB. Pretty progressive

she looks like Hanson

I'd MMH her BOP if you know what I mean

>season-ending pregnancy

>BELIEVE written on her arm
cute!!!!

Post ass

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_American_football#United_States

I'm pretty sure there is Female American football...

my ex played wide receiver for freshmen football. a friend's ex played kicker all through high school.

unfortunately I think it's parents like yours encouraging you to do other shit. boomers can't even fathom women playing a rough-and-tumble type of sport (despite womens water polo and rugby being very popular, also ).

there's going to be interest but they need to start making girls teams in high school and college. there's a WNBA. there should be a WNFL.

Had to look it up and that's not true. He's always been a dude

>why isn't LFL a thing in high school
This is something I can get behind, I'll even volunteer to coach. But I'm instituting a weight limit.

>I was the first to actually bring up the biologically inferior to men fact

I REALLY HATE WOMEN

youtube.com/watch?v=10Mt4K8LB2g

I was always under the impression girls could try out. Problem is no girl could even sort of hang with the guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnRt_JEoBRU

>I am a girl

>Girls football when?
Girls already play in "pee-wee" leagues.

It is rare, but girls play on middle school and high school teams. It is rare because most girls aren't interested in competing with boys. And there isn't enough interested girls to have separate teams.

Outside of high school there are already women's football leagues. Just do a Google search.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Women's_Football_League#2017_United_States_Women.27s_Football_League_.28USWFL.29

you're missing OP's point, she wants her own thing for womens football.

I'm for it because it disables any need for female coaches and that type of shit. fuck that.

the WNBA loses money every year and is almost entirely subsidized by the NBA. I highly doubt that the NFL would be willing to do that

Assuming this isn't a meme thread, there's just not a lot of interest both from a fan and player perspective and not a lot of money to be made from women's sports in general. Like for every girl like you who might legitimately be interested in playing football at a competitive level with other women there are probably a hundred thousand who aren't. You'd never have enough girls wanting to play or parents willing to let their daughters play football so you'd never have enough players for a girl's pop warner league or high school team. Hell, football at that level is on the decline for boys too with all the recent concerns about safety.

>But I'm instituting a weight limit
I believe the LFL already does that so it wouldn't be outlandish

It's true that as far as players go men have an insurmountable advantage due to biology, but why would a woman be unable to coach or call plays? Plenty of coaches in the NFL never played in it

>because it disables any need for female coaches and that type of shit
that's a pretty big assumption, you know they'll still clamor for this

Read an enraging article not that long ago with some feminists saying that the only reason we didn't want to watch women's sports was that the mens sports paid more. Therefore, money should be diverted from mens sports to womens to make things equal. This wasn't even some fringe media thing - I think it was the BBC.
tl;dr: Fuck everything

Hey OP, sorry your parents wouldn't let you play, but it's not too late. I play in the Women's Football Alliance and there are teams in almost every state. Most of the women never played football before, a lot played basketball, but even if you've never played a sport, just be in good shape and work hard and you have a good shot at making a team.
wfaprofootball.com

>But I'm instituting a weight limit.

And there needs to be a ?/10 limit as well. I'd say at least 7/10. Those strippers who cannot dance need to make a living too

I would unironically support the LFL

girls playing soccer have a 3x risk of tearing an acl
much higher risk of concussions

it's debatable whether males should play football, it's even worse for women

Do females even have the acceleration and mass to create concussive force?

> the biologically inferior to men fact
This is not why female sports suck, and nobody wants to watch them. Other than burguers, no one watches a sport only for physical prowess. Females simply have less skill than me in sports, so they are less appealing to watch.
Why do they have less skill? they are not tapping into the talent pool as much as male sports are. When they do, and women really take it serious then female sports might become watchable.

this is just embarrasing.
give them real uniforms for fucks sake.

Bewbs or get the f*ck out bitch

>there is amateur/semi-pro women's football
oldfag football coach here - coached HS and college in a few states and even coached a few of these women's teams between gigs.

They are a nightmare. There were some athletes who were gifted, but that only meant they could be a low-tier male player, not a starter on a real team. 99% of the adult females, though were garbage athletically. I'm not even talking the height/weight or speed factor; I'm saying from a coordination hand/foot speed level they were on par with middle school male players. Football requires a degree of indoctrinated skill sets to be competent in regardless of position played. Its not difficult, it just takes a good deal of time and dedication to understand the muscle memory behind stand and footwork that isn't reinforced in any female milieu. While some alpha females may like to be aggressive, that doesn't account for the degree of physical abuse you need to enjoy to actually be comfortable playing football.

That being said, the way the NFL is headed, I wouldn't be surprised if women compete at that level simply because of specialization and the legislating all contact being removed from the game. That doesn't mean it will make good football, just that its a gimmick that could survive in the NFL because of how restricted they keep the gameplay in The League.

>give them real uniforms
they don't play "real" football in the LFL.
Check it out

Probably for the best you didn't play, realistically a team of high school boys could beat the best women team in the world, in any sport.

What would the ole v smell like after playing a game of football?

They could use their vaginas as the tee for the football on kickoffs and maybe even to hold it for field goals

I can’t imagine a girl in a male league. The average man crumbles over getting tackled at full speed, imagine a woman getting rocked by Wagner.

The LFL either needs to go full shameless fapbait or become a legit sport. They wear the ridiculous outfits but a lot of the players are obviously chosen for athletic ability over looks and they do actually try to play.

USC had a blind longsnapper play earlier this year, it's only a matter of time til someone has a woman come in for the same thing.

Title 9 is the dumbest thing in the world. The entire reason men's varsity is such a big deal is because it brings in a fuck ton of money for the university.

True, anybody could be a longsnapper.

Let's see YOU try to play in the NFL. Lol you wouldn't survive one down. There's women out there who are way fitter than your basement dwelling fat ass so you shouldn't be disparaging anyone. But I guess you need to tear others down to make yourself feel better about your pathetic existence

Women are much more likely to get concussed playing soccer because their necks rae generally weaker and are less able to withstand the force of a soccer ball flying through the air and hitting their heads.

>20 yard field goals are long

Let's see you kick a 20 year field goal. You'd pull a hamstring and get winded.

Haha got that album for my bday back in the day

A lot of them were collegiate athletes who want to compete again, and it's an opportunity to do that

Honey please you ever watch the WNBA tell me that's entertaining

It is. You just don't know how to appreciate it because you don't know anything about the intricacies of the game. You also hate women and yourself. If you got over your mommy issues, you could enjoy it.

Why would you watch it if you don't enjoy it? Shows how sad your life is.

The game one of the finals was pretty good. At the highest levels the WNBA is watchable.

The problem with women's sports is there isn't enough talent to field 3 teams let alone the 20 or so they have.

checked. also.

>what did he mean by this?