Which political party will ultimately ban the ability to manually drive your own car?

Which political party will ultimately ban the ability to manually drive your own car?

Some people like myself enjoy driving.

>Is the goal to make every human experience as safe as possible? We might as well be living in a bubble or a virtual reality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uemq1PpA63M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I went to 3 diffrent dealer ships to find a new car with a manual. It was truly saddening.

>Save the stick!

Manual cars as normies know them are for retards.

Not even manual racecars drive the way civilian manuals do.

The fact that a car can park alone yet still need you to press the clutch and shitft gears is absolutely haram.

Make them order one.

It's fucking frustrating, luckily I was able to get my last two new cars in manual. I fucking refuse to buy anything else.

t. bus bomber.

I got a really good deal on the car they had instead. knocked off 4k from their asking price to start with.

>doing something the stupid more complicated way when there are better options
Why?

>4 gears

>Which political party will ultimately ban the ability to manually drive your own car?
Both of them.

There's a visceral rush when you control the transmission yourself. It's like skydiving or skateboarding. It's fun as fuck.

I'm not in favor of cars that drive themselves or that have all that spyware integrated on them

I like driving too and I like mechanical cars, not digital shit that you have to plug a cable in to know what's wrong with the engine.

I still think the gear stick is an extremely primitive and outdated way of shitfting gears. All manuals should have a means of shifting gears that does not require pressing a pedal.

There in America you see manuals as the ultimate shit but here in Europe they're the cheapest crap, nobody wants them.

Since modern automatics are more efficient, I wouldn't be surprised if Democrats banned manuals, like they did with the incandescent light bulb.

it's second nature, I could drive manual in my sleep. It's not "incredibly complicated" you stupid fuck

>Claim to be a man
>Drives automatic car
Might as well start your transformation to a woman

Democrats, undoubtedly.

Once automated driving is good enough, it will become a question of "safety" and "efficiency" at the expense of personal liberty.

Probably GPS-enforced automatic locks, eventually too, so you can't drive manual on public roads and such.

This. Republicans because the car companies/the market want it, and the Democrats because it will be safer.

It's going to be bipartisanship at its finest and I can't wait. Luddites get rekt. Literally.

If you drive an automatic then you don't like fun

Im not saying it's complicated, I can do it too.

I'm saying it's extremely primitive.

Gear sticks and gear pedals on the wheel should never require to press a pedal.

That system is shit

They are cheap here because no one wants them and the people that are buying cars (mostly the new one) were never taught or never bothered to learn to drive a manual. I enjoy the control and the lack of maintance that needs to be done to keep it running.

my last car was a manual and I had to replace the clutch at 210,000 miles because it has not been replaced before then. the MPG can be better too and its generally safer due to having to pay attention to the traffic for shifting. just try to text and drive a stick at the same time.

>also down shifting when the beat drops.

None

Insurance companies will probably make it so cheap to insure a driverless car that it would be dumb not to put a kit on

>tfw have a 5 speed

>Or live in a virtual reality
>Implying we aren't already

My dad had a 55 Chevy. It had manual steering, brakes, windows, and was manually shifted (3 in the tree). You fucking pussies don't have a clue what manual is. You don't even have manual clutches.

Everybody wants manuals because they are objectively bettert han automatics

You're living in a virtual jew reality.

Manual cars will be like having a horse: for people who are into that sort of thing (and have the money to pay for it - because oh boy are those insurance premiums going to be high)

I can shift gears too with an automatic measuring the pressure I put into the accelerator.

I too get the enjoyment of a manual but I've never prefered a manual with clutch pedal over an automatic.

The best car for the driving enthusiast is imo a manual that shifts gears without clutch pedal, directly from the stick like in a racecar

I'm not talking about old and classic cars, of course.

>I'm saying it's extremely primitive.
Guitars are primitive and they are still fun as fuck to play. Some things are just so damn simple and fun, I wish they'll never get "better" and more advanced.

>manual clutches

you mean where you have to double clutch?

lol that's one of the few things I actually know about transmissions

I think it's inevitable, but if the Democrats are in control they will do it about 10 years sooner.

No, I'm saying it's a system that has no advantages and plenty of detriments.

Like if you deploy in the military and you are issued a stone knife. It works but there are already better options

Manual cars that dont have a clutch pedal dont detract from the control and tight driving experience. On the contrary they enhance it

The goal is to control as much of our lives as possible.

It's not going to happen as soon as you think. For years, car manufacturers have stayed in business because when one of their machines kills the occupant or somebody else it has generally been the fault of the operator.

Once the machine is responsible for the fatality, the manufacturer is liable.

It's all fun and games until the first dozen are so are put out of business.

>I'm not in favor of drums that play themselves or that have all that digitalware integrated on them
>I like playing drums too and I like traditional drums, not digital shit that you have to plug a cable in to make sounds.
>I still think the drumstick is an extremely primitive and outdated way of playing the drums. >All drumkits should have kick pedals and hi-hats that does not require pressing a pedal.
>There in America you see drumkits as the ultimate shit but here in Europe they're the cheapest crap, nobody wants me, er them.

What the fuck are you talking about? Flappy paddle sequential automatics can't do engine braking or double clutching. Sure, they are good for hyper-sports cars with the double clutches and high torque/hp, but you can't engine brake or double clutch and some ppl use these techniques every day to drive. It's called DRIVING and it should use your whole bodily talent

6 gear master race reporting in

i see you decided to finally ditch the leaf, good work looks better already

Its possable to trick an auto in to changing gears but there is still a lack of control over all.

A lot of it is about personal taste. I simply dont like the feeling of "just getting in the car". I want the extra control and excitement that comes with manual features including steering. My new car has drive by wire stearing and traction control and its like being in a bubble. there is no road feel and no feed back to the driver. I got pushed off the road once with it on to some wet grass and the ABS and TCS basicly just said "well, fuck this" and I went straight in to a wood even though I cut the wheel to slow.

I just feel that mechanical systems are better for lots of small reasons that dont really have to do wtih preformance.

How would banning manual cars make driving safer? Surely it would make driving more dangerous?

The only "better" option is a good DCT and you can't dump the clutch in that.

pleb

No, he means unassisted. Modern cars have hydraulic clutches, which are much easier to use. You're thinking of an unsynchronized transmission.

Self-driving cars don't get drunk. Human drivers do. Self-driving cars don't sway when the driver decides to moon pedestrians. Human drivers do. Self-driving cars don't get road rage. Human drivers do. When human drivers are the biggest threat to other drivers' safety, they're gone.

Is that thing real?

>what is a semi

youtube.com/watch?v=uemq1PpA63M

I hope that's the case. First dozen deaths and all manufacturing comes to a halt. No one will want to buy one anymore. I even prefer stairs to sidewalks and elevators … to a point. If it's not over 3 stories. But let me decide for myself what I want to use.

Eventually they'll control your sexual expression and tell you what days you're allowed to touch your penis and with whom you're allowed to. If you reject their transgender partners, they'll lock you up.

>that location of 12 and 9
fucking hell

didnt read all the replies, but the most important advantage of manual vs automatic is, it can simply survive much more abuse and added power. Plus rebuild is like 1/5 of cost of auto.

This will be a leftist issue in probably a hundred years or so but is unlikely to work.

Just shut the fuck up already. You know shit about cars. Manuals may be slower than high tier automatics, but they are much more robust and cheaper to maintain. That and the fact that I have the complete control over my car, are the reasons why I will always choose a manual. If it's too complicated for you, take a fucking bus son.

So who has to pay for insurance once self driving cars are a thing?

It's couldn't be the owners fault if they weren't in control and the car hits something else.

>what is a hurr durr

Eaton's a bunch of cunts

>it can simply survive much more abuse and added power
Not true... is this some kinda strange crossboard trolling from /o/ ?

>Ohhh muh commute, I dont want to deal with so much traffic with 3 pedals omg I totally know how to drive manual, I stalled muh friend's honda in a parking lot twice I totally know how I just choose not to

Every scrub ass bitch's excuse for not driving manual

The goal is to take away people's ability to transport themselves. No going WHERE they don't want you to go, no going WHEN they don't want you to go.

Any of the NWO controlled parties will support it.

It's really not a useless feature though.

A manual transmission can allow a car with a dead battery to start by popping the clutch while someone pushes it.

A manual transmission can be used in a higher gear from a full stop to move in deep snow/mud without spinning the tires.

A manual transmission can be used to slow down without braking by simply downshifting.

The list goes on. Manual transmissions are a superior way to drive due to the variety of actions and options they provide a knowledgeable/skilled driver.

>6 speedykids think they're driving a manual

>hurr durr manly man likes things the way they are
Fuck off already grandpa

Wearing a seatbelt is already a "ticketable" offense in many states.

I live in the United States of America, keep that nanny shit in the UK where it belongs.

everyone should be forced to learn how to drive manual. maybe there wouldn't be so many retard drivers then

Exactly. How can you wage a proper rebellion without manually driven vehicles? Supply logistics alone would be impossible. The rebellion would never get off its feet.

>slow down without breaking
Unless your breakpads are fucking gone, which what are you doing nigger, engine breaking ruins your vehicle.

What's worth more, break pads that cost less than 50 dollars to replace all four, or hundreds on an engine at the least?

>Muh 69-motion trannies
If you can't drive a manual, you shouldn't be driving you little shit. Go tip your fedora and jerk off to furries, you fuck

>engine breaking ruins your vehicle.

>engine braking ruins your vehicle
Show yourself out

99% of people don't drive for fun, they drive to get from A to B. The less effort required to do that the better.

Your automatic transmission car also engine brakes

>engine breaking ruins your vehicle

16-20 automatic only
20-26 manual wrx

Never driving automatic again (unless I have to like firetrucks at work)

Automatic is for fags.

>Blacks walk in front of it.
>It must stop.
I'm guessing that none of the engineers working on this are relatives of Reginald Denny?

Both. Manual cars will become a thing of the past and eventually you'll only be able to use them on private roads.

>excuse me while i down shift
>dont worry about that grinding noise thats just my engine fucking itself
>i dont wanna press this peddle to slow down cause thats too easy

>I still think the gear stick is an extremely primitive and outdated way of shitfting gears
>choosing the optimum rpm to shift at is primitive and outdated
Do you even drive?

>>dont worry about that grinding noise thats just my engine fucking itself
Thats not the engine, thats you grinding gears because you didn't push the clutch in all the way.

Driving is one of our greatest freedoms that people take for granted. I have no doubt that, if the world keeps "progressing" the way it has been, I will be telling my incredulous grandkids about how free men and women used to control their own vehicles. Of course, by that time, I expect to be in a (black-run) home for white racists.

If you're grinding the tranny while shifting gears, you need to go back and learn how to drive son.

Sorry, misunderstood. I thought you were talking about manual cars in the you shift gears yourself sense, not self-driving cars.

>engine breaking ruins your vehicle.

Oh for fuck's sake lads.

Not even sure how to grind gears downshifting.. you'd have to be a limp legged faggot

I expect motorcycles to be either made ridiculously restrictive or outright banned before automated cars.

>tfw get to terrorize normies in their automated cars mad max style

I hate driving. I'd much rather ride along, sniffing bags of drugs as we go

>grinding the tranny

>tfw you havn't mastered the palm bump and shift with your knuckles trick

Don't they teach this in driving school?

>The address you entered is not a government approved destination. *doors locked* This car will now drive to your local police station for further inquiry.
Why would anyone be against self driving cars?

Learn to control your clutch. Down shifting, especially if you want to use the engine for braking, will demand a fuckload more rpms from the engine, which you've just idled to change gear. The motion of the car will rev the engine up hard (this is the braking happening!), but as long as you're gentle it can be smooth.

I grant you that if you engage the clutch too fast and the car's gearing forces the engine to increase in rpm immediately then the torque that get's exerted could fuck shit up, say while dropping to 1st at 70mph.

Poor choice of words on my part

this desu, also they save more fuel if used properly

>I grant you that if you engage the clutch too fast and the car's gearing forces the engine to increase in rpm immediately then the torque that get's exerted could fuck shit up, say while dropping to 1st at 70mph.
Thats why you rev match

You can but you don't have to. Synchros take care of that,. But no rev matching or mechanical synchronization can help someone who decides to drop it into second gear while going 120.

Is this what "double clutching" refers to?

New to manual (5-speed Jetta), and have seen videos on double clutching but never really figured out whether double clutching is a meme or actually a good practice.

Synchros synchonize the clutch with the gears to the drive shaft

Synchros do not blip the throttle for you when you downshift.

Double clutching is for when your car has no synchros

Exactly. Just pointing out it's the only way you could ever really do any damage this way, and you'd have to be braindead.

Genuine question now, surely rev matching while trying to engine brake defeats the point since you're supplying the rotation to the engine that it should be sapping from the kinetic energy of the car. No?

>>Is the goal to make every human experience as safe as possible?
>b-but I like danger!
Grow up, kid.

Yes, you drop the car into neutral, tap the gas to get the revs up, and then drop it into lower gear. It should smooth out the transition and make the whole thing easier on your synchros.

>Genuine question now, surely rev matching while trying to engine brake defeats the point since you're supplying the rotation to the engine that it should be sapping from the kinetic energy of the car. No?
Rev matching stops that sudden jolt you get when changing gears. Rev matching allows you to match the gear speed of the lower gear so its a smoother switch..

>changing gears
sorry when you down shift.

When tapping the gas to get the revs up, do I need to let go of the clutch? In all the videos I've seen, the people let go of the clutch and get the revs up, then press the clutch before shifting.

Why not just get the revs up while the clutch is down? Isn't the clutch-down position the same as clutch-up in "neutral"?

I hate driving manually, it fucking suck ass, especially the overpriced, garbage "cars" we have here.

I own both a manual and an automatic. Both have their ups and downs, don't listen to autists from either side. Automatics are built for city driving especially when you're stuck in traffic, or cruising. Manuals are built for those days when you want to enjoy the car to its fullest and not simply a trip to the supermarket, those days where you just want to drive without a destination in mind. Also more gas efficient if you know what you're doing.

>When tapping the gas to get the revs up, do I need to let go of the clutch?
At the correct time, yes. You want to match the RPM of the lower gear

>why not rev up when the clutch is down
because then you won't match the gear, you're just revving with the clutch in.

You have to clutch in, down shift, rev to the lower gear, then when the RPM is right, let the clutch out.

They'll be banned from all urban areas. You still need manual vehicles in the countryside for offroad driving, industry, construction and agriculture

Cars are already heavily regulated in some of the more civilised cities where frankly they're just a grievance