How do I acquire an original American or British accent when I talk English?

How do I acquire an original American or British accent when I talk English?
I really need to get rid of my fucking French accent...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XAIoSYqzGkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why? the french accent is nice

in france, talking english with a french accent means you don't talk english well
even if i have a good vocabular + good pronunciation, my accent is so french it's like i'm bad in english...

Unless you go full Anglo and either live there or speak only English you original accent will be there
For life

well I was born and raised in Engl*Nd to Turkish parents and even though my pronunciation is perfect etc I still have an accent

it's genetic bro

Actually memetic
Accent comes from the first words you've spoken.

wales and scotland has to put up with it, why can't you

you guys here always say it sounds gay so???

girls love the french accent

Practice heavily pronouncing "R", very consonantly, and mouthing your vowels a little more fully.
Make sure to learn the long vowel sounds, if you get those right you can often sound less european.
Also important, do not dentalize d and t. Instead of touching your teeth with your tongue, touch farther back on the roof and sort of make a light pop. It's not as dramatic as it sounds but it should sound somewhat harder than what you're used to.
If you want a quick track, try putting on a fake southern US accent. Not that hard to get the sound and it trains your mouth to speak in your natural voice with these suggestions.

but i know people in Paris who talk like real american people... they've never been to england or usa
maybe it's because they've learn with good teachers when they were children...
it's so sad for me

it's banter mate, nobody actually dislikes it that i know of anyway

how about you record a few lines so we can see where you are messing up?

mate there's a shitload of english accents, even native english speakers can sound incomprehensible to other native english speakers

don't worry about your accent

You could try practice your pronunciation with some English teaching videos through the web.

Try searching some pronunciation videos made by natives from Youtube for example. youtu.be/XAIoSYqzGkY

Sometimes there are some golden eggs,
(I found a former Brit living in Finland who made videos of English mistakes often made by Finns.)

>messing up
he's not "messing up", just speaking in a french accent

there is no right pronunciation of anything

>Accent comes from the first words you've spoken.
apparently my first words were english though (not sure about this one because my parents didn't keep track)

american accent is laughably easy

I can do a fluent perfect american accent, whereas I still have an accent in my first language

>and mouthing your vowels a little more fully.
why is this so fucking hard to do it right

>he's not "messing up"
[spoiler]I just wanted to hear a french accent[/spoiler]

it's weird

I know people with thick, ochre aussie accents that have only been here since they were teenagers, while I came over from England when I was 3 and was raised in a family all with Australian accents but still sound english

Meant when you were young. If your parents taught you their native language at the same time you'll have mixed results.
I started speaking Alsatian and forgot it once going to school, I still have the accent when speaking French despite not knowing the language anymore.

>Alsatian
Isn't that just german?

I could speak Turkish somewhat as a baby and a toddler but even now my Turkish isn't fluent

no

It's more like Swiss German which isn't German either

yes it is

Pretty much every bong I ever met does a hick Arkansas accent when they do their yank impression. It always makes me cringe when I hear you try to sound American.

t. Lived in England for a year.

give us a vocaroo nigger

>fr*nch education

fake it till you make it

i know

but im not a dumb inbred br*T

i can do a ghetto american accent, general midwestern accent, californian dumbass surfer dude one

i can do a hick one too but its autistic

i can also do a canadian one (a lot of canadian accents sound american but then a bit english underneath)

C'est impossible malheureusement, car tes cordes vocales sont déjà construite. Ca c'est à faire quand t'es très jeune, c'est pour ça que c'est mieux d'apprendre l'anglais dès le berceau car après 10 ans c'est foutu pour apprendre convenablement une langue.
Durant la conquête du nouveau monde les espagnols avaient bien compris ce principe et envoyait des enfants pour apprendre la langue des amérindiens ce qu'ils faisaient à une vitesse phénoménale et ainsi ils pouvaient dialoguer avec eux par l'intermédiaire des enfants.

Could someone please post THE vocaroo?

Explain me then

You apparently don't have a clue how many Americans fake French accents.

i couldn't find it

You can get accent training. Consume a lot of American or British media as well and try to copy the way they speak. Also how do I get a cute French gf with a cute French accent?

my ass

Les français et leur accent de merde..

You're a fucking Turkroach.
You are genetic detritus.
Kill yourself.

French accents sound funny to me but in an endearing way, also a lot of girls think it sounds attractive.
If you must learn a British accent choose which one you like then watch a lot of tv set in that area and practise.
Don't learn to speak like a yank, it's ugly.

No one will respect you for trying to change your accent

Salut Frenchie! S'il vous plaît, laissez-moi faire l'amour avec vous.

>Also how do I get a cute French gf with a cute French accent?
by coming in France, you're welcome

The Anglo:
>manlet
>pussy
>introverted
>wh*Te
>non-family orientated/parents don't care about children
>only works good in packs
>culture vultures cause they have none of their own
>needs a weapon to fight

The Turks:
>tall
>alfa
>BLACK BULL
>has family
>beats up nazis with fists (not guns pussy br*Ts)
>beats up anglos 2v6 (had a street gang fight last night, me and my mate vs 6 angl* hardmans)
>nationalistic
>don't need anyone

hmmm

Why would you want to get rid of it? I don't know about bongistan, but girls in the US will be all over you with it.