Hugh Jackman Agreed to a Pay Cut So ‘Logan’ Could Be Rated R

slashfilm.com/hugh-jackman-logan-pay-cut/
Just a reminder that Fox would have turned Logan into another PG rated Avenger teir snorefest if it werent for based Wolverine taking a pay cut so then the executives at Fox wont lose their Shekels.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/hugh-jackman-logan-pay-cut/
youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3HDVd22P8
youtube.com/watch?v=4Q52D4BkJLw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is he so cool? Is it cause he's Australian?

Based

Ryan Reynolds had to do the same thing and only recouped the cost being a producer since he invested in it.

Fox is incredibly risk averse since they had several large losses not even a year ago. Imagine if Deadpool hadn't been a success? Most of their slate beside Leo Cap movie and a few others did well but Fox would have had a weak year without Deadpool being a near billion dollar success off of 50 mil.

Logan is another Avenger tier snorefest, don't kid yourself.

Because money means literally nothing to him anymore, unless he's been spending/investing like a retard for the last 15 years

this post was copied straight from reddit

They payed him in boipussy

Fox was never ready for an R rated Logan. Hugh Jackman/Marigold shot the movie practically specifically so FOX couldn't take the rating from them. FOX was very nervous about the release of the film after they saw footage and realised they couldn't cut around the rating again. The filmmakers had to give FOX no option to make this movie. If they could have, the rating would have been changed like it was for The Wolverine. FOX should not be given any credit, it should all go to Marigold and Jackman.

I remember him being upset a few years ago because a Wolverine video game was too violent.

Executives are fucking retards. You know all the dudes at FOX were scrambling to take credit for Deadpool when Ryan Reynolds is the only reason that movie was a hit and 6 months earlier those same suits were trying to butcher it..

Why the fuck do yanks not have an "in-between" rating? Why is it just from PG-13 straight to R?

Over here Logan wasn't even an 18, the equivalent of R, it was a fucking 15.

Half this shit would be averted if the rating system you cucks have wasn't so fucking retarded.

because our pg-13 is your 15, they stretched the category to the limit and would undermine their own profits by adding another rating category.

Jackman is Bestman

The MPAA is full of soccer moms and out of touch gays

>because our pg-13 is your 15
No it's not, it's the equivalent of our 12A rating.

There shouldn't be ratings. There should just be a list of offensive things. Or better yet, teach your adults to take care of their children.

idk they're retarded. even canada as pg 13-14a-18a and then R

Not quite. The problem is violence is okay in US, but not in Europe. And vice versa for sex. So the ratings are a mess to compare

???
R is 18.
And PG-13, is 13.

So Canada and US have the same system.

You don't have 14A though, right?

It's the middle ground between PG13 and R.

NC-17

who gives a shit? He is rich as fuck.

wait that is after R.

No. nothing between PG-13 and R.

18a is different than R, the a means u must be 18 or if under be accompanied by someone above 18 to get in.
there are 2 in betweens compared to US pg13 straight to R

This desu
its like Tom Brady taking paycuts to keep fuckers on the Patriots. I'm thinking between his richest supermodel ever wife, endorsements of Gatorade, Beats, Uggs, that mattress, Rolex, etc., he could handle going from 20 million to 18 million.

>wait that is after R.
X

PG-13 is the in-between rating.

And it's effectively killed multiple genres.

it's a shame honestly, so so many decent movies with cool concepts have been butchered just so they could be made PG13 and bring in the teenager audience

That's literally one year difference though.

No, that's how R works too. If you have a guardian over 18, you can see it.

yeah shits fucked capone.
>deadpool was MA15 here, no biggie
>Last actual R movie i saw was Wolf Creek 2

>mfw a shitposter singlehandedly saved the capeshit genre from an eternity of Whedon-style mediocrity

>Why the fuck do yanks not have an "in-between" rating? Why is it just from PG-13 straight to R?

We did, it was called PG. Even brief nudity was allowed.

Then people started demanding more standards like you are now, so PG-13 was created and PG got put behind it, despite being a soft R at the time, don't ask me how.

And yet the movie was about illegals and le badass little girl

All wasted on nothing

>slashfilm.com/hugh-jackman-logan-pay-cut/
thank fuck. wont have to deal with shitty children talking and crying through out the movie.

You know if America had an M or MA 15+ rating modem movies wouldn't be so shit

Is there even a point to PG anymore? Feels like everything under PG13 should just be G and parents shouldn't worry about their kids hearing one minor swear word.

actually a lot of my friends complained about that very problem. I guess parents still thought it'd be ok to do so.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
meh ill go on a tuesday at noon

It's only 15+ in Australia so there was a group of kids behind me shouting "OOOOH SHIT" every time someone's face got stabbed

I love you, Logan.

F

>It's only 15+ in Australia so there was a group of kids behind me shouting "OOOOH SHIT" every time someone's face got stabbed

NC17 still exists. Killer Jow was that when I saw it in theaters

*killer Joe

>Australians single handedly saving capeshit
You're welcome burgers.

Hugh Jackman, Fury road, Ledger's joker, Thor. Why is Australia so alpha?

Don't you ever make fun of daphne keen, you fuck.

Watch yourself mate

It worries me till I realize where I live and where I see movies usually allows me to watch movies with max 15-20 people, but usually around 7.

this was the opposite of the avengers

where can i get this poster?

shit taste lads

>executives reluctant to make R-rated Deadpool
>the movie basically writes itself
>Deadpool ends up making bank
>FOX still was reluctant to make an R rated Wolverine movie

How do these dumb executives keep their jobs being so oblivious to cash cow ideas?

Lots of possibilities. I'd try using the internet first off. I wish I could explain what types of stores sell movie posters but it's not easy. Certain 'novelty' (?) shops like Spencers, Hot Topic, etc do.

Because the cancer of appeal to every possible market and offend no one is deeply entrenched in entertainment.

I honestly hate thinking about stuff like this. Because it's not even limited to Hollywood; it's just... everywhere.

But I have hope, as good movies do come out still.

The MPAA are fucking nuts. The more you read up on them, the angrier you get

Since when do the avengers brutally dismember people? or swear? (more than that one time) or go more than 5 mins without quipfest kicking in?

This. There's a documentary on it but it barely covers anything.

Both the gaming industry and movie industry have these weird censorship and rating boards.
If someone cares, I can post the gaming one. It's pretty interesting; Nintendo and Sony talk to Congress, etc

It used to be just PG then straight to R. Perfect example of films being PG when they should be PG-13 would be the old Bond Films, could never get away with that now and stay PG.

They first used the in-between of PG-13 because of Temple of Doom and spielberg pulling the Jew card to not get an R rating, but at the same time you couldn't have peoples' hearts ripped out in a PG film.

don't forget, every main xmen movie with wolverine as the lead made the most money as well

In Germany it's like pic related.

are you serious? their rating system goes straight from PG13 to R18+?
get it together burgers

I like the aussie system.

Still a bit wonky. PG is 15+ but M and MA is also 15+ but you can get into a PG and M film without being 15+.

Worth it. By far the best thing he ever did

Well, you people forget that it's really just some random group making these ratings and they mean little in one sense (But also impact movies greatly in another sense...).

ratings boards make the decisions kind of arbitrary but it's still better to have some kind of middle ground

>Deadpool being a near billion dollar success off of 50 mil

Deadpool easily cleared a billion in profit. The $780 million box office was matched by being the top selling BD/DVD for like half a year, top tho sellign 4k movie of the year, and the most purchased digital download of all time.

For a while when deadpool was the #1 selling DVD/BD it was selling more per week than #2 through #20 combined.

It made more on it's secondary market than most other blockbusters made on their first.

What distinguishes between blue and red? To my mind anything you can see at 18 isn't going to be so much more extreme it'd effect you adversely if you were 2 years younger.

>taking 10M instead of 20M for playing pretend
so brave, what a true artist

On the one hand, you're right, but on the other hand, most actors are quite slimy and he gave up the money to make the movie better. That's integrity, even if it doesn't compare to what many others do.

I saw Logan yesterday and there were several parents with young children. One of the kids looked 5, they left halfway through the movie and didn't come back.

>yfw Deadpool is literally the highest grossing X-Men movie of all time

In Germany they don't really give a shit about nudity and sex so a lot of things that would be considered R rated for that are simply FSK 16. FSK 18 films feature more violence and gore, and are sometimes even cut differently from worldwide releases in some cases.

I care user. I care so much, i want you. Put it in my ass. Now call me sissy.

I'm unsure how I feel about that. It's easily the funniest and has character but I like the original trilogy so much still...

Can you believe Ryan had to fight years just to get this money printer made? Fox is now going to bleed that shit dry while suckling Ryans nuts all the way.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic but whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3HDVd22P8

Watch it sissy.
Try to last without laughing at the title

but the other ones werent trying to be funny. Deadpool is an ok comedy but the actual plot is so mediocre as to not matter. Its not a very good movie when you come right down to it

>liking Last Stand
Disgusting.

I know about the DVD/BD sales but I wasn't aware how big of a gap with the 2/20 thing. They made a couple of mil in digital sales in the first week, I know that.

>Fury Road
>Thor
Kill yourself cunt.

I really did...
Actually...maybe not everything...but I liked parts. I do see problems with it but not as much as other people do. Ian McKellan is amazing as a villain. Not insulting his Gandalf or other roles but him as an antagonist is no joke.
Best Mystique too. J Law is an mistake.

>They made a couple of mil in digital sales in the first week, I know that.

Over a million digital downloads sold in first week at $19.99 per download. Negligible distribution cost so that is found money.

It was also the most pirated movie of 2016.

>...
>...
>...
Stop.

>mediocere plot
Hm, that's probably it's weakness but I think they did well by making it a love story. Comic Book movies rarely have them.

>not a good movie
I'l actually stand it and say it's more good than bad. Flawed but I think it was worth seeing it once.

Mate, we are pretty mediocre when it comes to film making. Ever seen the avg Aussie flick?

Sorry, senpai. I'm on too many sites and I have to use different writing patterns on each. At least I don't use emojis or emoticons or wahtever.

in the netherlands we don't even have an 18 rating, anytging goes from 16.

>tfw uncensored south park is rated for 6 (six) year olds

Dude, the fuck are you smoking?

Logan is practically the antithesis of your average MCU cinematic piece of plastic.

oi watch your mouth kunt, red dog is a masterpiece

How bout some real Aussie films, ya cunts.
youtube.com/watch?v=4Q52D4BkJLw

80's, early 90s?

So before they even got the movie on dvd/bd, they broke 800+ million in a week. And that was before it came out at christmas.

I would be really curious what those combined figures would look like. Not to mention they got it out early to things like HBO. So secondary sales really must have been killer.

'97

Wile Americans make Coonlight and LaLaLand.

Wow, really? The cover gives off a very different vibe!
Maybe I'll see it. I have no knowledge of Aussie films.
Except Russel Brand's Aussie adventure or wahtever it is. Loved those.

Yes, but you are little off. Deadpool had filming budget of arounf 70 mil, and marketing budeg of around 100 mil.
Still, success