Can anyone in good faith recommend the Spirit...

Can anyone in good faith recommend the Spirit? I'm a huge fan of the comics and would love to see a decent adaptation of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqcJ2dFHNWM
youtube.com/watch?v=2JU4YmOh47I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I watched it but I literally can't remember anything of it, so I can't really recommend.

It's shit. Frank Miller got lost up his own ass after Sim City and this was the result. Don't waste your time.

>I'm a huge fan of the comics and would love to see a decent adaptation of them

Avoid it like AIDS. Just watch this Brad Bird pitch and wonder what could have been:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqcJ2dFHNWM

It's among the worst wide-release films made in the past ten years, and certainly the worst licensed comic book film. Avoid like the plague.

You lucky bastard. I wish I could forget the mind-numbingly moronic shit that happens in this movie

>I'm a huge fan of the comics
then i can't in good faith recommend it

saw this in theaters on a whim. figured even if it wasn't as good as 300 or sin city, it'd be decent

it's an absolute shit-tier, walk-out-of-the-theater movie

This movie is a pretty fascinating exercise in just basic filmmaking competency.

There's tons of great stuff like missing establishing shots, violations of the 180 rule, characters never leaving or entering the frame, etc.

>tfw the city screams

i remember it being fun

Not even shit posting here. It's garbage.

>nazi scarjo
yes pls

It has that something that makes it more interesting than your average flick. But it's not exceptional.

Is this kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=2JU4YmOh47I

You don't know garbage, college boy.

Is there a YT breakdown of how it's functionally bad or stuff you just noticed

Just stuff I noticed although you could absolutely make a good video about how fucked the movie is on the most basic level if you put the effort in.

Fuck u no fun autistic fucks. The movie is campy cheesey fun. I love it. I'm not so autistic that I can't enjoy things like most here. Crazy right? The movie is so bad it's good. It's like a film noir with an action figure...so think 80s action hero cheese meets noir and throw I'm Sam Jackson being goofy as fuck. It's a hammy masterpiece.

this looks like kino

I loved it. I also love Hudson Hawk though so take that as you will.

>Can anyone in good faith recommend the Spirit?
Yes.

It's atrocious -- but in a kind of fascinating way. If you are a fan of the Eisner strip, it's a total betrayal. Since Miller was himself a comics artist who famously learned much of his craft from studying Eisner's work -- and then went on to know the man personally, and participate in a book of interviews with him (though Eisner seems subtly uninterested/disdainful of Miller's work in it) makes what a colossal failure The Spirit is even more interesting. On paper, Miller should have been perfect to do it, but instead it's like he went through some Oedipal anxiety-of-influence struggle against Eisner and shoe-horned in all his own obsessions and stylistic traits (no doubt in part to satisfy producers who wanted a Sin City movie from him).

It's like Miller was taking some secret revenge on Eisner by making the least faithful adaptation he could have.

Plus, it features Miller's literal shit-smearing (look it up) girlfriend in a cameo!

>im not autistic i swear guys everyone else is the one with autism

Itwas decent

If you're a fan of the book, no. This movie was shit.
You want to see a goodSpirit movie? go get a copy of the one with Sam Jones and Nana Visitor from the 80's. It's hokey, but it has the same vibe as the comics.

It's not good. Total snoozer.

I just remember the adverts.

IT'S BASICALLY LIKE SIN CITY GUISE!!