What the fuck Sup Forums?

what the fuck Sup Forums?

you lied to me, you said the Simpsons Movie was good

it was shit

People who think it was good weren't old enough to remember what the show was like before.

when was the last time Sup Forums talked about the simpson movie??

Actually Sup Forums told me it was shit and I thought it was good. The series should've ended with it.

someone told me it was like a good episode of the show

probably was, too bad the show is shit

spider pig

spider pig

xD

Should have come out like 10 years earlier

The movie was basically the marking point of zombie simpsons

It was... alright. Had some decent jokes.

The problem that I have with modern Simpsons and some earlier simpsons is that it gets too over the top. It's alright when it is played for a joke and not relevant to the plot, but when it gets too wild and it becomes the plot is when I don't like it.

Yet despite all that, i don't mind the movie. Why?

Spoken like a true 10 yr old kid. Simpsons died years before the Movie kid

Simpsons died when its hand drawn animation died.

From what I remember it was slightly better than the show at the time so it was considered a success. Haven't watched it in years though.

Absolutely no one ever said that.
Even when I watched the movie in the cinema I didn't like it that much.

It's also extremely forgettable. Most people don't even remember that the Simpsons had a movie.

>It's also extremely forgettable. Most people don't even remember that the Simpsons had a movie.
I was going over just a few days ago all the movies I had seen the theatres and I completely forgot about the simpsons movie.

It was the last good episode.
Try and prove me wrong.

It was shit.
The canon finale should have been Behind The Laughs.
Perfect way to end it.

for you

you mean shit?

The movie was the monent the TV series started to go downhill

I don't even remember the plot. Homer did something to piss off the whole town and then the whole town was quarantined under a giant dome. I don't even remember how they got out of the dome.

While performing on Lake Springfield, music group Green Day perishes when the lake's pollution dissolves their barge, following an audience revolt after frontman Billie Joe Armstrong proposes an environmental discussion. At their memorial, Grampa Simpson foresees the destruction of the town, but only Marge takes this seriously. Later that day, Homer dares his son Bart to skate naked to the Krusty Burger restaurant and Bart is arrested by Chief Wiggum. Bart considers their neighbor Ned Flanders a better father figure after Homer refuses to take responsibility for the incident. Lisa and a new Irish friend named Colin convince the entire town to clean their lake.

Meanwhile, Homer adopts a pig from Krusty Burger and names it "Spider Pig" (later "Harry Plopper", and simply "Plopper"), and stores the pig's feces (and some of his own) in a silo, until Marge tells him to safely dispose of the waste. Homer initially intends to take his silo to the waste management plant, but after Lenny calls to tell him that Lard Lad Donuts has been shut down and is giving away free donuts, Homer impatiently dumps the silo straight into the lake, polluting it much worse than before. Moments later, a squirrel jumps into the lake and becomes severely mutated; Flanders and Bart (who bond after Homer humiliates Bart) discover the creature before the EPA captures it. Russ Cargill, head of the EPA, presents five "unthinkable" options to U.S. President Arnold Schwarzenegger to keep the town's pollution contained. The slow-witted president picks option 3 without reading it, and Springfield is enclosed in a large glass dome. When the police discover Homer's silo in the lake, and his responsibility for sealing Springfield in the dome, an angry mob advances on the Simpsons' home to kill Homer, but the family escapes the town through a sinkhole, which then destroys their house.

With the EPA on their trail, the Simpsons flee to Alaska. On the way, Homer tries to make some money at a carnival by riding a motorcycle around the inside of a metal cage.

After three months of futile escape attempts, Springfield's residents finally make a crack in the dome; pointing out the damage, Cargill manipulates Schwarzenegger into ordering the town's destruction. In Alaska, the Simpsons see an advertisement starring Tom Hanks for a new Grand Canyon on the site of Springfield; realizing the town is endangered, Marge and the children want to go back to save it, but Homer refuses to help the people who tried to kill him. After failing to talk Homer into it, his family eventually leave him for good. Alone, Homer is stranded on an iceberg and floats away. Meanwhile, Marge and the children are captured by the EPA after a conversation of theirs is overheard by the NSA. After a mysterious Inuit shaman saves him from a polar bear, Homer has an epiphany and decides to return to Springfield to save the town from danger.

As Homer arrives, a helicopter lowers a small but powerful bomb down a rope through a hole in the dome. The townspeople attempt to climb the rope to escape through the still-opened hole, but Homer slides down the rope and knocks them off along with the bomb. After reconciling with Bart, Homer drives a motorcycle along the dome, inspired by the earlier carnival attraction. As a passenger of the motorcycle, Bart throws the bomb through the hole; seconds later it detonates, shattering the dome and freeing the town. Cargill arrives personally and prepares to shoot Homer and Bart, but Maggie knocks him out with a boulder. The town finally praises and forgives Homer, who rides into the sun rise with Marge and Maggie, whereupon the townspeople restore Springfield to normal. As a symbol of their gratitude, the Simpsons and their friends begin to rebuild the family's house.

>people saying the show started going downhill during the time the movie came out
>the movie came out around season 18

wow

The TV series started its decline long before the movie came out.

What were the decent jokes?

Zombie Simpsons started like a decade before the movie came out lmao

I really had to think about it for a few minutes but I think the reason why they put the dome over them was because the lake near the town was heavily contaminated. I have no idea how they removed the dome though.
Didn't it just suddenly break for no reason or something?

Didn't hate it. Some parts were very charming. Some parts were absolute dogshit. Was good bringing Brooks back. Shouldn't have killed off Doctor Nick, but like it matters anyway I stopped watching years before the film came out.

it was underwhelming

It wasnt great but i enjoyed it up untill the very end when they "killed" drNick. Totally unneccessary.

they planned to blow up springfield with a bomb since they were breaking out the dome, bomb went off outside the dome and shattered it