ITT overrated garbage that people pretend to like because it's "deep" and "complex"

ITT overrated garbage that people pretend to like because it's "deep" and "complex"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vx0xulrOsgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

another reason people overrate the wire is because they think it's some dramatized documentary, based on real people and events. this is completely false

i just started watching this and found the first episode boring as fuck

they say the second season is even lower-key, and i don't see how that is possible

maybe the wire is for book fags

for me personally, i liked the second season the most. maybe it's because i have no interest in the plight of stupid niggers

the first episode is the greatest plebfilter ever made

This
Yeah, as in "if you continue watching this shit past the 1st episode, you're a pleb"

9 times out of 10 if you think something is boring it's more a reflection of your poor skills as an audience than the quality of the material

It's subtle. The issues it tackles are real socioeconomic ones, if you're interested in society at large. I wish the black lives matter people watched it because they'd learn a lot.

Pleb filter 100% functional.

And no TV before you finish your homework.

>"deep" and "complex"

I don't know if they'd use the words deep or complex.

Most stuff like that that gets critically appreciated is more for addressing "important social issues" and providing "relevant critique" of "systems / structures of power / privilege"

This is what Mad Men was supposed to be good for too. It's the cheapest, most boring way for a show / film / art creator to attempt to by easy relevance and acclaim.

Like, personally I defy such critique for many reasons in my own things, for many reasons (principally it's boring and art doesn't / shouldn't work on that level in such a forced way) but part of its is definitely utter boredom with and spite for such critiques.

Booooooooooooring.

attempt to *gain

Who thinks this movie is deep and complex?

>implying this is meant to be deep and complex
youtube.com/watch?v=vx0xulrOsgQ

I like it, its comfy.

fite me

worst scene of the whole show, maybe apart from brother Mouzone

you dont watch the wire for entertainment you watch it to virtue signal to redditors that you have super great taste in tv.

>I-its the audience's fault the program is shit!

lol

The Sopranos was just so good. I don't know how to feel the void.

>vermin sheep thinks that just because The Wire is the best written show in history of mankind it's "deep" or "complex"

Watch it again

More realistic than all of CSI "police procuedure" shows combined

stop being so agreeable and maybe I will faggot

The Wire isn't deep or complex. It's a fairly simple collection of stories that interconnect well with a diverse (not in terms of skin colour, but in personality and motivations) cast of characters moving everything forward. It's very grounded and for the most part the acting and direction is great.

I like this show
It's well produced/acted
Cool practical effects
But it is such a massive meme holy shit
Whenever me and my friend watch it we drink and guess what the twists are
and we guessed all of them

>involves tell stories of people in the ghetto and the popo
>written and created by a former jew cop