He was in a Zack Snyder movie

He didn't rape me with his twink cock.

he was a homosexual

>boys folder

>sent a giant squid monster to New York

He put nipples on his costume.

Casting

He wasn't a gay

His password to the computer containing essential details of his plan to murder millions of people was very easily guessable
Unless that was all part of his plan too, in which case brava

He decided to defuse a potential nuclear war by giving both superpowers another enemy to fear and blame. He killed millions doing it.

He has access to a man who can teleport anywhere, be multiple places at once, is invincible and can destroy anything. He could have just asked him to destroy every nuke both countries had access to. Instead he decided to blow shit up.

For a supposed genius hes really fucking stupid.

mass murder

He is basically the pinnacle of human evolution.

>worlds smartest man
>good looking
>peak physical and mental condition
>vegetarian
>bisexual

hopefully one day we can reach this point

He didn't anticipate Rohrschack blowing the entire plan post mortem.

he did the right thing though killed millions to save billions.

That fucking goofy, ridiculous costume, that fruitcake of an actor, the lisp, making him an actual faggot, taking everything in the book literally, giving The Watchmen movie-kung fu scenes. Everything was done wrong about that piece of shit.

He can't make Manhattan do anything and destroying all the nukes would have made the situation inexorably worse, the nukes being armed and ready was the only reason neither country had been invaded by the other yet
Also the whole point of Manhattan's arc is that he isn't as powerful as he thinks and is nowhere near as powerful as the rest of the world thinks. He's not God and he never was.

If he was smart he would have figured out how to do it without killing anyone. Again, he has a literal god as a friend and confidant. Instead of using his abilities he decided to lean on his infatuation for Egyptian myth and human sacrifice.

The writer of this comic is VERY fucking stupid

Dressed like a raging faggot

because manhattan could have refused and stopped him from doing anything. he couldn't risk it.

He is that powerful. The problem is by attaining that power he literally lost the will to give a fuck anymore.

If millions didnt die the lesson wouldnt sink in. It was a necessary sacrifice.

>he isn't as powerful as he thinks and is nowhere near as powerful as the rest of the world thinks. He's not God and he never was.

i don't get how people who read this don't get it.

The casting and dark costume colors were a horrible choice.

He just screamed villain instead of being a morally grey character.

I'm pretty sure the comic explicitly said he could only stop 98% the nukes if they all were fired off

He couldn't risk drawing the attention of Manhattan by asking him to destroy all the nuclear weapons. Manhattan can literally check in on him at any point if he feels like it, so it was imperative to give him absolutely no reason to do so.

Agreed.

His computer folders say otherwise

he's amall minded and stupid and killed because of vanity. he didn't want to be a villain but he was. all because of his shitty self, but in the end he was a villain he was tying to avoid.

Hivemind

Boys implies feminine. So he's bisexual.

horse shit

I have a /cuteboys/ folder AND a trap folder and I'm not gay.

This.

i thought the actor was good. but the twist is so obvious in the movie. if he had a much central role in the movie and was a lot more likable it would have been great

While I agree that his movie costume is shit, I don't think the dark colors are such a bad thing. It fits the dark tone/setting of the movie.

he was a antihero.

the world was close from nuclear war. he was the only person trying to do anything to stop it. and decided to sacrifice the few for the many what else could he have done? what other solution is there?

The user meant that he could go and disarm/destroy them before they ever get the chance to launch them, disarming both sides, and therefore no chance of nuclear war.

Or a pedo
Why the duck does boys imply feminine
Wtf

War wasn't inevitable, he killed millions based on a whim and in decades after manhattan had been forgotten the world would be back in the same position, all he did was guarantee millions died rather than leave it as a possibility, if you think he was right you're a moron who doesn't understand geopolitics

>not gay
:/

Because boy sounds cute. Gay adults apparently call eachother boy.

He can't control manhattan
and just blowing up all the nukes wouldn't solve shit, the trauma, fear and outside threat was huge part of the success of his plan

That's a lie started by Milo

what would that do? what stops them from creating more? and even then would it end the risk of war? of course not they would just send troops in and use other weapons. and Manhattan stopped caring at that point anyway

>after manhattan had been forgotten the world would be back in the same position,

>forgetting a real life God in the age of information

Kek, no.

But what makes you think they'd regress back to the same state? Imagine if world was united against a common enemy, and they worked together to further technologic progress. If we actually cut the bs, we'd be able to get a lot more done.

>war wasn't inevitable
it pretty much was though. and it's better to find a solution rather than leave it to chance.

Just what that user said. I don't agree with it.

But the idea was too remove their ability to cause mass destruction, so little troops fighting conventional warfare isn't as big of an issue. Not so many innocent lives are lost that way.

Also, I assume if he's already making the effort to disarm the made weapons, that he'd also destroy the facilities used for production, the mines for Uranium, and whatever else is important to the creation of nuclear arms.

>War wasn't inevitable
Says who? Where in the comic/movie does it state that? Seemed like it made it as painfully clear as possible that war was going to happen when the clock struck 12.

If your trying to go off our history, your forgetting that this is an alternate reality where USA has a real life god on their side. This god has given them tech way beyond our timeline and it is implied that this made things much worse as far as the cold war is concerned.

the ol'

>HURR lets just get rid of the nukes guys world peace!

>irl Cold War ends when Soviet economy can't keep up with US military spending
>Watchmen universe Cold War is a heated contest between Soviets and a fictional US economy bolstered by Manhattan & Veidt's advanced tech

is vegetarianism really evolution though??

This guy is literally me. i relate a lot to this guy

So why not teleport them all to mars before they were fired? Face it the plan was fucking retarded.

He got the German accent thing wrong.

The cold war would have ended peacefully anyway, without any need to kill 5 million newyorkers.

To which axiology framework you are referring to define "wrong"?

Mmm

>spouting Reaganboo memes
I am sure that Gorbachev fella really pushed hard on the military spending!

The US military spending still was a key factor in this. But it's true. In another constellation things could've worked out really differently. Reagan didn't end the cold war, he couldn't have if Gorbachev and Shevardnadze hadn't had the foresight to just stop playing along. Even though "foresight" is a bit of a bold term here, since Gorbachev unfortunately didn't foresee how badly shit would be going down the drain in the ten years that followed.

>Name one thing he did wrong
Maybe not about him...
But in general fantasy narrative, you expect wrongdoers to face some kind of consequences or retribution for their acts.
I don't mean "all evil should lose always", but c'mon, all his consequences were "I forced myself to look at all this monitors!" and that for me felt kinda lame.

The writer also knew this and that's why the monitor scene is there, but that lame shit was the best he could come up and that pissed me off.

Once he started dismantling nukes, it would trigger the war. He at most was only ever present with half a dozen or so copies, and all in the same proximity. There are THOUSANDS of nukes. No way he'd get even half before he triggered the way.

In that version, it probably wasn't. Remember one side had a superhuman which obliterated an entire country once already (Vietnam).

Because there is no reason for him to suffer consequences. he has to live with his actions but he is worth more to society alive and free.

>worth more to society alive and free
That matters little to what I'm saying.

>Because there is no reason for him to suffer consequences
From the literature point of view on character development there is, and he did. Again, that's why the monitor looking scene is there on the comic AND the movie.
It's just that, again, for me it's a lame consequence.

But, US military spending fucked up US more than it did Soviet Bloc. The biggest factors were

>Economy was fucked up since middle Brezhnev at least
>The Gorbachev's liberalization allowed to finally organize opposition and perform actual political action without being rekt
>people born in the 60s and 70s were coming of age and did not give a fuck about the prosperity of Krushchev's era, yet they gave a fuck about Boney M and Schwarzenegger

>He could have just asked him to destroy every nuke both countries had access to.

He could have done that shit himself (20 minutes ago), but he needed to fundamentally change the culture of Humanity.

>capeshit fans

He should have been played by David Bowie

Black Star was a bad enough part of his legacy don't you think?

There were probably a near infinite number of simpler ways to reach the same goal than creating a giant squid/manipulating Manhattan and killing so many people.

He only went through with his ultra-complicated mess of a plan because it fed his own ego.