Why did they have an axe on a spaceship?

Why did they have an axe on a spaceship?

Other urls found in this thread:

warisboring.com/soviet-cosmonauts-carried-a-shotgun-into-space-a9e7852c6da5#.8r6t0hwi4
imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1466283545?playlistId=tt2316204&ref_=tt_ov_vi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To cut the wheat

Look at how cool and futuristic the bent handle is.

real funny

to chop space trees

Why did they only bring flat asses with them?

the heck??

:へ)

Axe the director

>still no shoop turning the axe into a scythe

whyyou posting straw emojis

Wheat harvesting was a secondary objective.

Was harvesting wheat part of your plan?

Same reason they have axes on submarines, presumably.

What... You think they'd be able to fit a combine harvester on there? Pssh gimme a break kid.

you don't use axes for wheat harvesting you idiots

For real now, why did the axe ever become a meme? Were there really that many RLM-wannabe autists around that desperate for a reason to hate a new science-fiction sequel that the space-axe is still being posted about that many years later? This has to be the most confusing meme-criticism in existence. It's a fucking axe. It cuts things.

Why are you advertising ecelebs itt?

Because I am but one of several million members of a vast network of shills who are employed solely for the sake of selling popular things and promoting Israeli interests on Sup Forums. We're encouraged to occasionally confess this openly to confuse opposition.

>space axe
>space wheat

Different ballgame, kiddo.

For wheat harvest.

wow you seem really smart and witty

To break down spacedoors in case of a spacefire or other such spacemalfunction on the spaceship. Or for spaceharvesting spacewheat as others have spacesuggested.

It's a space axe.

You know this because it's bent and probably not very good at chopping up firewood.

To axe that shitty series.

Its a fire axe...

Please tell me I took bait and that you are not all legitimately retarded.

fuck you

why not?

IRL cosmonauts carry shotguns into space

warisboring.com/soviet-cosmonauts-carried-a-shotgun-into-space-a9e7852c6da5#.8r6t0hwi4

to be used in the exploration of the planet they were visiting ?

Why did they carry rovers armed with miniguns onto an asteroid in armageddon?

fire axes are meant to chop down doors and walls made of wood.

what good is a fire axe in a steel spaceship?

It's part of the lifeboat that crash lands. It could be needed to pry stuff on the ship to get out and then it could be used more outside the ship.

It was in case they re-entries into the fucking Siberian wilderness and needed to, you know, survive.

Fight primates

There's axes on the wall of the closet of Alien near the end. When she hides and climbs into the spacesuit in the escape shuttle, they're behind her in the shot.

the best post ive ever read on this site and not a single response

Is this board really so retarded that they can't comprehend plants and grains existing on other planets?

They are also used as crowbars, hence the shape - you can use it to lever open metal doors

Someone please screencap these so we can finally put this shit meme to rest.

Every ship has farming tools, in case they land on a planet with wheat

really does imply thoughts

Under space rated

Because Lindelof is a retard.

If you legitimately think that axe has no use on a ship meant to land on planets then sorry, but the youre the retarded one

They got the space axe, but they always forget the most important detail: the space bush

>implying they are really in space, and not a swimming pool mock-up

thread over. nice try you fucks.

Should have bought a crowbar then

You can't fell giant wheat stalks with a crowbar

Any reason why wheat is suddenly a meme?

THIS MOVIE WAS TERRIBLE

imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1466283545?playlistId=tt2316204&ref_=tt_ov_vi

That is one monstrous bush. Intriguing.

Hey that's not true

marketing

Oh wow the alien thing burst into life .05 seconds after being removed from her womb, and it splashed ichy non acidic goo on her

Was this movie made for fucking children?

Space fires obviously.

Maybe try not to take sci fi so seriously and you'll enjoy it I don't know man. I liked it. David was my favorite character.

>moments after this, stapled uterus still bleeding, she stumbles into a room full of people
>she neglects to tell them what just happened and no one asks because "oh my god the old dude is awake"
SHE JUST GAVE BIRTH TO A FUCKING ALIEN
WHY DOES NO ONE CARE ABOUT THIS

>My favourite character was bishop

IIRC they stopped using those cool cosmonaut guns though because they're too old. I think they just give them Makarovs now.

Crucify me dude I like a movie. Yeah they did not give a fuck they were getting prepared to go meet the engineers. I've seen the trilogy so what's the big deal. Prometheus is still nice to look at. Also this guy was great

forgot the pic of course

Seriously how old are you?
16 is my unironicaly guess

That's amniotic fluid, not xeno blood.

When you hear a pregnant woman say her "water broke", she's referring to the amniotic sac rupturing and releasing the amniotic fluid.

should I kill myself too?

Do I need to remind you this is actual dialogue from the new Alien movie.

>Oh look it's wheat
>Durr who planted it

to keep in shape

Is it a typically green goo like fluid?

>try not to take... [X] ... so seriously

STOP

Yes.

She's got great Grains

I unironicaly thought so

name?

We will never know

Thanks lindeldolf

>sploosh

It is, lots of iron content make it green.

Yeah lemme axe you sumthin?? *smacks lips profusely*
So you sayin? *sucks teeth*
So you sayin we wuz wheat n shiet??

Was Lindelof the greatest Hollywood conman I'm history?

You forgot the best part

>two doctors that she knocked out with extinguisher just calmly go with her and Weyland to the engineer, no questions asked

I guess they thought she disposed of it somehow, even though no one really knows what happened because no one asked.

That whole sequence is probably where the movie begins to follow its own dream logic and slowly dies.

One of the most disgusting gross out scenes I've ever seen. Alien is great for these moments.

Wow what was Ridley Scott this makes no sense now

It's a clear yellowish color.
Point is that it was part of her, not a foreign body like the chestbursters. Even then the chesterbursters don't emit any acid blood when they emerge.

IIRC the trilobite is never wounded in the film, so for all we know it doesn't even have acidic blood.

>my face when they can't blame Lindelof for A:C and meanwhile he's 2 for 2 with The Leftovers

not saying he didn't help fuck things up, but it's clear that Ridley Scott didn't know what he was doing then or now

pretty disgusting

I really hope the underlying plot of this movie is weyland-monsanto trying to use the black goo to GMO supercharge the wheat they find on the planet. They take the xenos pure wholesome organic wheat farming and turn it into steroided cash crop wheat.

The rest is a look at the motivations of a simple farmer xeno, driven to be a killer because the normies took his land and his wheat and he is out for revenge.

A pure wheat kino and an expose on the motivations of the xeno, something we have never had in an alien movie before.

This guy is right.
This "machine" is holding the whole amniotic sac and when the alian is moving and breaking it, it releases all the amniotic fluid at once (which is about one liter for a average pregnant woman).

I am a paramedic in a rural area and i had to play delivery doctor 3 times.
The amount of amniotic fluid and blood is actually pretty correct, it even can be a bit green (not thaat much green, but i guess that it can vary).

It's funny.
There are sooo many things wrong in this movie, but you pick the one single thing which is actually not that much wrong.

I hope you guys will never witness an actual birth, if you can't believe this ;)

Go back to r eddit new fag

best scene in the whole damn film, best body horror in years

Source on that?

This guy gets it

What the fuck was his problem?

wait... i have to clarify a few more things, because i bet that some "everything has to be 100% correct"-guy would complain about some other thing in this scene.

What you can complain about is:
1. that the amniotic sac did not immediately break when it got removed.. but the machine was holding it at the part of the alien, so i guess it's just a minor thing.
2. how she is ripping the umbilical cord out. (this would lead to massive bleeding)
3. the placenta is still inside and she would have to shit it out of her vagina 20min later

So basically you can complain that in reality an improvised abdominal delivery would look way more horrible.

Lack of wheat in his diet

that was his dad's axe

Have you ever heard the expression
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

this desu