So, how atheists explain the existence of life?

So, how atheists explain the existence of life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xyhZcEY5PCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

>So, how atheists explain the existence of life?

Amino acids/DNA or some shit forming in rare but naturally occuring circumstances happens as non-magically as potassium flaring up and becoming potassium hydroxide.

"shit happens"

How did God come into existence? What existed before God?

>how do x explain reality

What you fuckers don't seem to get is that NOBODY KNOWS what started life. Any legend of god or some being is a guess. Much in the same as a hypothesis is to the scientific method.

Atheists just don't buy your stories of how it happened. That is all.

God is the best explanation of the fine-tuning of the universe for intelligent life.

In recent decades scientists have been stunned by the discovery that the initial conditions of the Big Bang were fine-tuned for the existence of intelligent life with a precision and delicacy that literally defy human comprehension. This fine-tuning is of two sorts. First, when the laws of nature are expressed as equations, you find appearing in them certain constants, such as the gravitational constant. The values of these constants are independent of the laws of nature. Second, in addition to these constants, there are certain arbitrary quantities which define the initial conditions on which the laws of nature operate – for example, the amount of entropy (disorder) in the universe. Now these constants and quantities fall into an extraordinarily narrow range of life-permitting values. Were these constants or quantities to be altered by less than a hair’s breadth, the life-permitting balance of nature would be destroyed, and life would not exist.

There are three live explanatory options for this extraordinary fine-tuning: physical necessity, chance, or design.

Physical necessity is not, however, a plausible explanation, because the finely-tuned constants and quantities are independent of the laws of nature. Therefore, they are not physically necessary.

>Amino acids/DNA or some shit forming in rare but naturally occuring circumstances happens as non-magically as potassium flaring up and becoming potassium hydroxide.

So could this fine-tuning be due to chance? The problem with this explanation is that the odds of all the constants and quantities’ randomly falling into the incomprehensibly narrow life-permitting range are just so infinitesimal that they cannot be reasonably accepted. Therefore the proponents of the chance explanation have been forced to postulate the existence of a ‘World Ensemble’ of other universes, preferably infinite in number and randomly ordered, so that life-permitting universes like ours would appear by chance somewhere in the Ensemble. Not only is this hypothesis, to borrow Richard Dawkins’ phrase, “an unparsimonious extravagance,” it faces an insuperable objection. By far, the most probable observable universes in a World Ensemble would be worlds in which a single brain fluctuated into existence out of the vacuum and observed its otherwise empty world. So, if our world were just a random member of the World Ensemble, by all probability we ought to be having observations like that. Since we don’t, that strongly disconfirms the World Ensemble hypothesis. So chance is also not a good explanation. Thus,

1. The fine-tuning of the universe is due to either physical necessity, chance, or design.

2. The fine-tuning of the universe is not due to physical necessity or chance.

3. Therefore, the fine-tuning of the universe is due to design.

Thus, the fine-tuning of the universe constitutes evidence for a cosmic Designer.

God always existed.

He was created in the minds of men and what existed before was the lack of impetus to do so.

>>Amino acids/DNA or some shit forming in rare but naturally occuring circumstances happens as non-magically as potassium flaring up and becoming potassium hydroxide.

When mixed with water. I forget the end.

I'm listening to Obama talk about some bullshit about cops and talking to someone else at the same time. I was distracted.

if it's so fine tuned then why are we the only ones here

wow wtf i'm in an existential crisis now

I won't say that atheists are the ones doing it, because atheists are just fedoras fighting christians on social media, but the scientific community is at least trying to solve that question. It's better than "lol, god just created life don't ask about details"

Why do we have to?

God created life, you are just an idiot if you deny it.

>Big Bang
A greasy Jesuit hauled that shit out of the private Vatican archives and they propagandized the shitty theory with their massive press mill. The original author was probably burnt on the stake hundreds of years ago. Using ignorance of something to justify sky fairies is what leads to dark ages which is all the church yearns for and always will. for in an enlightened world, it would cease to exist.

Given enough time and permutations the probability of any given event occurring becomes infinitely close to 1

i think scientist are ok, they are looking for awnsers that only will show God's existence, they are good people

>random stuff & shit just happens

ur gonna cease to exist if you don't delete that post bitch

>ctrl-c'ing and then ctrl-v'ing WLC means you've made an argument
topkek, dude's a fraud

Isn't he God for that particular reason? You perish after what...70-80 years?
There's an order, a hierarchy, and you and I are at the bottom. To interact with the "top dawg", you need to have some serious credentials.

Atheism has nothing to do with abiogenisis-theories... That's like asking an atheist to explain evolution. In fact, often the two topics are conflated. But, it is unrelated to "atheism."

Oh and you first need to define "life" before you go and make assumptions on what variables are needed to sustain in.

>There's an order, a hierarchy, and you and I are at the bottom
Galapagos tortoises live routinely live well over 100 years.

Do you, for one, welcome our new tortoise overlords?

It's a lot of text, and not necessarily a bad read.

However, beyond our existence and the initial Big Bang, we don't know what lies beyond. We don't even know how big our universe truly is thanks to expansion.

So then, is the fine-tuning of our universe sufficient to prove God's existence? I think not. We have insufficient data.

Do you propose any other evidence?

>So, how atheists explain the existence of life?

So, how religious explain the existence of God?

Repeat the process trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of times with some random paint-spraying machine and we'll talk.

I bet a few would come out looking pretty nice.

They tried something similar with a computer that was generating random letters, the goal was to recreate the entirety of Shakespears works.

After a week they got one sentence from Hamlet I think. So the proof of concept exists.

you are a fraud. queer.

Mutations are random, natural selection is not. Take a basic biology course you ghetto shitskin

i laughed. that was good

Where in the biology course I see where life come from?

Under "abiogenesis" which is not the same as evolution you retarded monkey

>evolution is too complicated for me to understand
>therefore, god exists

Christians really need to start educating their members. They make your religion look retarded.

OH, ITS THIS THREAD AGAIN!

I still consider myself an atheist, although I cannot deny the innate feeling that God may indeed exist.

From my experiences on the old Internet, atheists simply say that the universe literally appeared out of nothing. Literally. When pressed for an explanation, they just went on about the big bang, and science, and mixed it with snarky comments.

Of course, that was in another era. But yes, even I as an atheist see the foolishness of asserting without a shadow of a doubt that the big bang just "happened" without any precursor.

your right. I'm now a #SpiritualAutist.

>Says that rocks becomes living beings

I prefer believe that live come from of the ass of your mom, it makes more sense.

>Brazilian Education

We are talking about origin of life, not evolution, you illiterate retard.

The Big Bang as the whole explanation is of course lacking details.

But one can`t say that it a theory like that is any more far fetched that an omnipotent entity just made it appear out of thin air (seeing as neither of us can back our theories).

That is simply lazy. And trough that laziness you keep calling everyone who might disagree a fedora tipping autist.

*Tips fedora, scratches neckbeard and takes medication*

>skimming wikipedia pages gives me complete knowledge of a subject

>And trough that laziness you keep calling everyone who might disagree a fedora tipping autist

If you disagree onto something you need explain why, atheists disagree just for disagree, so yes they are autists.

>God give people all the basics awnsers
>people dont lisen and fail
>they waste their time with things that are already known

>tfw figured out I can call myself """""agnostic""""" which gives me immunity from troll threads
>I can trigger everyone by saying that atheists are just as annoying/stupid/bad/cucked as religionfags
>my position is immune from criticism because I'm too much of a pussy to give any statement

So, how do Christians explain never seeing God?

And this is why religion is dying.

Science has nothing to do with religion. They aren't even related. Science can never and will never disprove the existence of God, as it is a purely faith based choice. Science is literally just our understanding of the universe, along with its theories like evolution, the big bang (which is largely disregarded now), et al..

Literally the only retards that treat it as a deathmatch style thing are Americans. Even the Vatican accepts science and evolution and the like.

Again, science is merely us understanding the universe we are in. It can make no comment on the existence of a God.

there's no definite answer yet for how life came about, but some promising avenues for research into the matter
now how life came to be as complex and diverse as it is, given its existence in the first place, is very well understood as explained by the theory of evolution through natural selection
glad I could be of service ^_^

Everybody can see God through the existence and teachings of Jesus Christ.

>Science can never and will never disprove the existence of God

What if you make a really powerful telescope and see God?

your gonna burn in hell faggot change your ways.

>be agnostic
>be asked if I believe in God
>"lol idk"

gee, let me have no standing-point on one of the many things we wonder in life, if there is a god, so much better

>there's no definite answer

There is none answer so why deny God?

Yeah, he's the idiot for not believing the words of schizophrenic bronze age sheep fuckers.

So, how do Christians explain never hearing or smelling God?

Jesus fucking Christ for the same reason you deny flying elephants. Now get out of here, your attempts at both English and reasonable thought make my eyes bleed.

>an ark is so hard to make

God is not material.

Then how is he real?

how hard is it to google things before shitposting

>Let's reduce everything to the material world and physic laws so I will believe only in things I can touch.

atheist are really this stupid.

>the only material realm exist
it's like you cant see your own arm or something, it's fucking obvious

>Big Bang
>Expansion

Both theories are full of shit. The Big Bang is especially one of the most flawed theories to ever be propagated in science.

Expansion has a bit more basis with the Wavelength theory, but until we have any kind of definitive size of the universe, we'll never know whether expansion is a real thing or not.

Yes, he is.

>Argentina try to speak good
It's like you can't speak English or something, it's fucking obvious

>
Atleast they have a reason.

A much more reasonable way of thinking than untestable metaphysical blind guesswork.

Jesus Christ proved he is real.

>haha nice typo
lad

>Evolution
>somehow conflicts with Christianity

Let this meme die already.

It's more than a typo if it makes your argument unintelligible

You are not different from an animal if you think this way.

I'm more partial to the Local Flood theory myself

Germany 7 Brazil 1

Where is your god now piece of favela shit ?

you are just dumb

source? i heard they got nothing.

I'm a Christian but I don't get why you're defending god so much. He put you in a shithole in Brazil so clearly he doesn't like you very much while I live in a comfy village in a nice country.

I hope your not trying to get on his good side with this because he'll know.

youtube.com/watch?v=xyhZcEY5PCQ

Okay okay, you can't defend your position so you just attack my personality. My bad for expecting something else from a 87 IQ flag.

Not an argument

Is it okay if I believe that God created the universe and then the world over an extended period of time using scientific processes?

Seriously neighbor,must you be retarded every week? This is like the fifth to!e I've seen this thread from you specifically.

Not a attack just a statement.
Believe only in instinct is just an animal thing.

So, how christcucks explain the existence of evolution?

It's unfair. You can say this and nobody holds you responsible for explaining the origin of matter/life by yourself, even though you agree with me regarding every testable statement. #atheistlivesmatter

alien sewage

God exists outside of time. If He didn't, He wouldn't be God.

This """"argument"""" is retarded.

At the quantum scale - universes can pop in and out of existence, suddenly given eternity - one universe suddenly ( trough it simply being possible mathematically ) - stretched into everything that you see - it was a soup of energy which cooled down and 4 fundamental forces split apart, then things started to organize - earth formed, conditions for life were meet - and abiogenesis happened, from that biological life in the simplest form, evolution as a phenomena that could manifest - trough natural selection led to all life today.

This is the general story.

So who created god? Obviously something can't come from nothing am I right, am I right?

Agnostics are the worst of the worst.

Then who made God exist outside of time?