>itt video games that would make great movies

i will start with metal gear the story is so complex that hollywood should make at least 3 or four movies based on this video game the plot is captivating and the drama from this game is special for example this scene youtube.com/watch?v=N_vJMHMBzLM is fucking brilliant and there many of this in this game i've plaied only 2 games from this series but i've seen the entier story on youtube seriously this guy Kojima is better than over 90% fags from hollywood

Arkham Asylum

The voice acting in MGSV really pissed me off, it was so shitty.

Wish I just played the jap version

holy shit what

its in the works

i'm here to discuss potential future movies who knows maybe some on important is watching this thread and would make our ideas reality after all we are their main audience in my opinin videogames are degenrate but i'm here only for the story

90 mins of Helicopter rides.

this is bait right?
i can't tell anymore...

this bait would work better on Sup Forums

1 and especially 2 wouldn't work as movies as there are lots of "you are playing a video game" moments

3's whole deal is that it's like a james bond movie so then making it a movie is a bit shit

4 sucks ass and is already a movie

5 sucks ass too and then theres not enough plot to make it into a movie. absolutely brilliant trailers though, they actually made the skull face monologue sound good in one

>videogames
Grow up baka
Get a job

Nope, some people actually buy in to Kojima's "visionary" writing and directing shit

Clumsy exposition and stilted writing. That's really impressive.

Also
>Tell me like you used to
>Music swells
Was that supposed to be emotional?

Metal Gear rips off movies,references movies mixes sci-fi and real facts ... a movie of Metal Gear will never be good because it has so many different things that have been in movies already
The only way they could pull it off is changing all the story and characters.
but then it will lost what made the games "good"

The writing in these games is baffling, it's like Lynch but without the surreal

Gears of War 1

>without the surreal

I still really want a Command and Conquer and/or Red Alert movie. Big, over-the-top popcorn flick action goodness done tongue-in-cheek.

Yes. There's weird, over the top shit but it's not surreal.

>great movies
Can't really think of any that aren't already based off a novel or short story. You'd probably be limited to graphic adventure games or interactive narratives. The video game industry is largely plagued with shit writing.

Best case scenario, someone writes something entirely new using a series with fleshed out lore, like Halo or something.

I think a good movie could be made from World of Warcraft (not just Warcraft). There's a lot of cool stuff in there to choose from and tons of CGI potential. Unfortunately thanks to the Chinese having shit taste we're going to get at least two more of that terrible movie from last year now.
>no druids
what the fuck is even the point

I think the Elder Scrolls franchise would be a good franchise to base some movies off of. There is so much lore and races that you don't need to follow the plot of the games, as they are not good anyway.

For example, you could make a simple adventure story about retrieving an Elder Scroll from some dangerous location, have a cast of characters from various locations, and use that to springboard into several movies about different areas of Tamriel

give it up Sup Forums

you wouldn't know a good story if it slammed the toilet seat on your head while you're getting a drink

witcher HBO series

>Elder Scrolls movie

Would be wasted if a character doesn't fuck a cat at some point.

The games that are well written all have one thing in common. Tomokazu Fukushima. He was a writer for mgs 1-3. Everything goes to suit when he leaves

MGSV is seriously a garbage game and should never been made. Also, MGS1 > MGS2 > MGS3 > MGS4 >>>>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>>>>>>> MGSV

Custer's Revenge

The shit you posted is embarrassingly bad. Are you 12?