Twin Peaks Thread -

Let's speculate about seeason 3, discuss our favorite moments / characters from the show/film and show our appreciation for David Lynch and Mark Frost.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B62P6Gm9jpE
youtube.com/watch?v=ihP3fpLtpcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love the sandwich scene. They make those awful sandwiches look pretty good.

LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID
LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID LYNCH ME DAVID

Friendly reminder he literally did nothing wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=B62P6Gm9jpE

So I have read that that, if Twin Peaks had been renewed back in the day, Lynch and Frost (mostly Frost) had some kind of storyline whereby Major Briggs would rescue Coop from the Lodge - Major Briggs was an investigator into paranormal phenomena ("Project Blue Book") and also had perfect courage, which was required to survive the Lodge. Do you think this plot line will be picked up, somehow?

No - the guy who played Briggs is dead is he not? I'd say Coop will just leave the lodge since it's been so long. Why he's allowed to leave I have no idea.

I don't think it will happen unless he told Bobby or Hawk about "project blue book".

I still think Laura Dern's character is going to be the one to try to find out what the fuck happened with Coop. I assume she will play Diane and we won't see Coop for a few episodes as she goes to Twin Peaks as a part of her investigation and we get caught up on what has happened in Twin Peaks and what has happened with the returning characters.

Friendly reminder his actor says he will be in "all of the episodes" in the new season.

Really? I assume he is going to be taking over the BOB persona.

Will this season stay in Twin Peaks or will we go outside of the town?

I heard they were filming in Vegas and Paris.

The Secret History implies that he was last seen right after Evil Dale switched places with Cooper. I'd like to think that they'll show the discovery of Briggs' remains left to rot after a confrontation with BOB at Listening Base Alpha

I own The Secret History but, haven't gotten around to reading it yet.. Any other interesting info in it?

Outside of
>member twin peaks
What is the purpose of another season? Fire walk with me gave us all the answers we needed. Everything will be ruined by revealing what happened to Cooper. This season is not a good idea.

DO either of you know if the audiobook is worth listening to, or will I lose out on too much information?

Top 3 episodes
>2x22
>2x7
>1x3

All I know about the audiobook is actors from the show do the voice over.

Are you fucking retarded? Seriously? This is David lynch. It's not some faggot trying to cash in on the nostalgia dollars. This will probably even be better than the OG twin peaks.

18 eps. Full creative freedom. Do you even know how Lynch works? He would not do this now if he didn't have a complete idea. It's like his films. You fucking idiot.

Lynchfags truly are the worst

I've listened to the audiobook but I haven't read the book. You don't get to see the pictures obviously, but I felt I got the information that they were telling in an engaging way. You really get the personalities of the "characters" telling (or mostly retelling as most of it is) the story.
If you remember key Twin Peaks details you will recognize certain clues and hints. It goes into shit I didn't expect, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I heard it becomes some shit X Files ripoff.

I'll give the audiobook a listen then, if you feel you didn't miss out much by not seeing the pictures.

Lynch has long ago left the mediocre idea that Twin Peaks represents. His complete embrace of formalism as seen in Inland Empire is so beyond going back to Twin Peaks and its juvenile sudsy way of working with narrative. It's such a bad idea on his part and will damage him. If he didn't have another one in him, he should have let Inland Empire be his creative full stop.

The shittiest parts of Twin Peaks were when they went outside of Twin Peaks, man. I hope they stay in

beyond life and death>FWWM>S1>S2 ep1-9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Season 2 filler epsiodes

can we all agree?

It was cool looking them up afterwards, but mostly you get the images in your head regardless.

I would place S2 ep1-9 higher than season 1 but otherwise i agree

Filler episodes aren't shit, there is good stuff in each episode. Just some bad storylines such as Nadine, James fixing that girls car and Billy Zane.

S2 filer episodes were still watchable, they just simply weren't as good as the other episodes.

What other good shows are there like Twin Peaks? In the vaguest sense, I mean, like normality with something supernatural underneath. Not straight supernatural like Supernatural or X-Files.

Lost would be an example, or Wayward pines before it went all sci-fi and shit in general.

The Leftovers

I agree there are some good moments in them but they still suck ass. I don't think i've seen such a steep quality drop in my life. The Nadine stuff is borderline unbearable.

I can't tell if that pic is shopped or not.

I remember seeing the first two episodes when it came out, wasn't really feeling it. The main character kept getting all teary eyed and sad the whole time.

Did it get better?

First season gets very good by the end. Second season is incredible.

HOW'S ANNIE?

hmmmm

Based James

youtube.com/watch?v=ihP3fpLtpcM

not posting the original

I hope this season goes inside and out and beyond Twin Peaks. I want to see the area above the convenient store and the white lodge. Those are technically outside of Twin Peaks.

I'm not interested in listening to the audiobook. One particular reason is that I've heard Lynch isn't voicing Gordon Cole (he hasn't read the book either). More importantly, there's a significant character whose actor on the show had a powerful voice named Tony Jay. He voiced Judge Frollo in the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Megabyte on Reboot. He's long dead, so hearing his character's dialogue in my thoughts with his voice is better suiting for me.

Spoilers: The owls are not what they seem. Get your 3D glasses and look at the book's picture of the Owl Nixon shows Milford and Jackie Gleason one of them locked up in a secret military bunker. It disappears or turns invisible from time to time. It causes a psychic wave of dread.
Gordon Cole and Philip Jeffries have been to Twin Peaks in the past on behalf of Nixon to verify Listening Base Alpha, Major Briggs' base of opperations, to the old, doddering mayor
The Nez Perce Tribe have Deputy Hawk as one of their members. They are a proud people that have have been royally fucked by the U.S. government in regards to honoring treaties and territories, and in the late 1800's, depended on the giant spirits of the White Lodge in bold, but ultimately futile attempts to escape to freedom in Canada from the U.S. cavalry
The Log Lady and Harry Dean Stanton's character from Fire Walk With Me were abducted as children by beings in flying saucers, and branded with triangle tattoos. Her husband was a logger who loved poetry who died putting out a fire. She found a log that she broke off of a tree right by Glastonbury Grove, where the little saplings that grow around the pool of oil have stayed that way forever. It is one of many portals to other worlds around our world.

Bates Motel
Atlanta
Wilfred
Man Seeking Woman
Louie
The Wire
Gotham
Fargo
Legion

Not him but Wilfred isn't great. Had a really nice premise and eventually did get good but early on especially there's a lot of really blatant cliffhangers for no good reason and too much meandering that could have been enjoyable but just isn't. The first episode of season 3 in particular, unless I'm misremembering, picks up after a serious cliffhanger and does absolutely fucking nothing with it, just introducing some dumb shit that never gets mentioned again.

It still might have happened in the last 25 years

Miss Twin Peaks is a really underrated episode

How are Louie or Wilfred like that it anyway, arent both just comedies?

Anyone have a transcript of what the fuck he was saying? Almost impossible to hear.