Can you remember a time there was so many happenings?

I'm almost 30 and I cant remember the last time the country was experienceing so much chaos. Regular shootings, terrorist attacks, police shootings, chimpouts etc... Is it the way we are consuming media or is society unraveling? I think it's the later.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BqFnQygTOuo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_racial_violence_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The 80's were worse
Remember, someone tried to actually assassinate Reagan.m

Why does the black guy kicking him have blonde hair wig underneath?

Someone literally tried to assassinate Trump.

two people did. the britfag and the guy who charged the stage

Answer my question OP

I agree there were some bad acts then. But they seem to happen with greater regularity, no?

I don't know desu

Desu? Is that Foreign language for something?

Also the frequency. Am I right? Is this a sign of whats to come?

Get out.

thats what you get with a muslime for a president

Our society is literally on the verge of collapse. We've reached peak degeneracy, it's only downhill from that.

We are near the end my friend. Its being accelerated. Im going up to my cabin for the rest of summer this weekend. Shit is getting weird.

its probably just social media being so widespread makes shocking news spread like wildfire even if it's just a little thing involving one person

but then again the global economy is getting more and more precarious which encourages both criminals and governments (but I repeat myself) to take risks

I'm 42 nothing has changed see below

1976 – Anti-busing riot in downtown Boston, April 5, Boston, Massachusetts
1977 – New York City Blackout riot 1977, July 13–14, New York City, New York
1978 – Moody Park riot, May 5, 1978, Houston, Texas
1979 – White Night riots, May 1979, San Francisco, California
1979 – Greensboro massacre, November 3, Greensboro, North Carolina
1980 – New Mexico State Penitentiary riot, Santa Fe, New Mexico
1980 – Miami riot 1980, May 17–19, Miami, Florida
1988 – Tompkins Square Park police riot, August 1988. East Village, Manhattan
1991 – 1991 Washington, DC riot, Mount Pleasant riot, May 5–9, Washington, D.C.
1991 – Crown Heights riot, August 1991, Brooklyn, New York
1992 – L.A. Rodney King riots, April–May 1992, Los Angeles, California
1996 – St. Petersburg, Florida Riot 1996, October 1996, St. Petersburg, Florida
1999 – WTO Meeting of 1999, "The Battle in Seattle", November 1999, Seattle, Washington
1999 – Michigan State University student riot, April 1999, East Lansing, Michigan
1999 – Woodstock '99 music festival incident, July 1999, Rome, New York
2000 – Elián González affair, Miami, Florida
2000 – Puerto Rican Day Parade attacks, June 11, Central Park, New York City
2001 – 2001 Cincinnati Riots, April 10–12, Cincinnati, Ohio
2003 – Benton Harbor riot, June 2003, Benton Harbor, Michigan
2003 – Miami FTAA Protests, November 2003, Miami, Florida
2004 – 2004 American League Championship Series, October 21, 1 dead, Boston, Massachusetts
2005 – Civil disturbances and military action in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, August – Sept., New Orleans, Louisiana
2005 – 2005 Toledo riot, October 15, Toledo, Ohio
2006 – San Bernardino punk riot, March 4,

You're 30 and don't remember all the Rodney King verdict riots all across the US? I was 4 and still remember the scene in Atlanta. My mom yelled at my dad for taking me to work that day.

Things that made a footnote in the 80s / 90s local news broadcasts now become national shitstorms, thanks to the Internet and social media.

Desu means to be honest in japanese.

Give it a rest grandad, no one wants to hear your stupid Vietnam stories

its media access. we live in a hyper emotional state when we are constantly bombarded by a constant stream of news. its not that our social state has dramatically changed in this country, it just seem like its in our face, in our proximity because of digital devices. case in point, chicago's nightly chimp out as featured on this board and police scanner sounds insane. chicago had 508 murders last year. it was double that in the early 90s. so within out lifetime, it fell by 50 percent. thats staggering. sure there is alot of crime still but on a per capita level, its low. what we have is a real and very endemic level of poverty in US cities. and its mostly black. black family structure is fucked though. before we go any further with black lives matter, black people need to look at their race with a bit more scrutiny....i dont think were headed for some ultimate demise, but you know, learn some skills napolean, how to land a good punch, carry a decent knife. but dont get too paranoid about shit.

This. Everyone is being overstimulated by news stories 24/7. No one would have heard about those two dindus who were killed if social media hadn't blown it up.

You dont belong here

i dont think the michigan state riot counts. that was over open liquor regulations at football games. white people chimp out. that shit happens at colleges all the time. carry on.

what a time to be alive, you don't even know of the aus shitposters and the leafs dont start on the leafs, welcome to the start of the ride, you wont be getting off, see you in a few weeks when you calling for the racewar

33 year old fuck here. I think there has always been crazy shit, it's just that the Internet makes it so much easier to spread news and such at a much faster pace than the late to early 90s. Plus media only reports bad news now. I hardly ever see any positive news anymore. It's like they focus solely on bad things just for them ratings. Hate sells, and they seem to be pretty good at stirring the shit.

There have been serious happenings since, shit like dorner, or the NSA leaks, and all of the OG wikileaks, but increasingly the doom and gloom shooting shit is taking over our attention.

The local news before the internet pushed MORE info about random black violence and shootings, not less. We are returning to the 80s and 90s fixation with petty black crimes and losing the information advantage the internet once offered.

brutal kek

Just as many people were getting killed 10 years ago. The only difference is there wasn't all this social media. Something happens now and it can almost instantly be broadcast to millions of people.

Where something before was nothing but local news now becomes an international incident

Meant to say late 80s to early 90s

This.

35 here.

Not much has changed except the media figured out this shit is great for ratings.

The fire has always burned, just now we have more people putting gas on it.

Actually while homicides have decreased the number of people killed by the police has increased.

And all nigger-hating aside, the police state has gotten quantifiably worse. I remember doing a school report way back in 2004 about the Bush administration sending huge quantities of military army surplus from the Iraq war to every large police precinct in the nation. This was before APCs and causal SWAT cops standing around.

He said he was 42 that would make him 1 year old when the Vietnam war ended. What are you fucking stupid? You think he was out fighting the Vietcong in his diapers you god damn retard?

I dunno man we getting it all at once, shit feels like too much, everything from every angle is just hate

You are right. Stay woke.

lol wow that is some extreme mobile posting right there.

The country isn't actually getting any more crazy. It is, in my opinion, getting slightly more sane. Slowly.

However, as our ability to secretly spy on each other gets better and better, we're learning just how far the craziness (that's always been there) goes. Even on the world stage, humanity's in this wonderful period of education, where we're learning just what exactly is going on in people's heads, and how which of the ideas we *thought* were being implied by them, were just our own explanations being tacked on to make sense of what they're doing / saying.

So. It's weird, because while yes--it is true that it's easier than ever to experience a societal collapse--it is also true that it's easier than ever to experience unbelievable prosperity, and wealth. It could go either way. The only thing that's changed really is how quickly it can go either way, and that has everything to do with how interconnected we are becoming, on a consciousness level.

And for the first time maybe, as you absorb this thought into your mind that I sent through a digital transmission line, the idea of a consciousness density no longer seems like such a woo woo mystical concept. It's a material fact. Societies have a consciousness density, and ours is getting denser, with every technology or ability which allows us to know what others are thinking.

I'll leave on a final point: there's two kinds of ways to gain information about somebody--with their permission, and without it. Which kind you engage in will play a HUGE part in what kind of people you find yourself in the company of, within your society. We're seeing the two serpents of information collection policies squirming around each other, one trying to hide its shadowy budget from the other that's seeking open transparency. As they squirm, they leave a wake of chaos in their path.

>Actually while homicides have decreased the number of people killed by the police has increased

I like how you cherry picked that. White homicides have decreased. Why don't we discuss all homicides especially black on every other ethnicity because last I checked they were on the increase

The racial situation is pretty bad under this president. He does nothing but excuse the behavior.

What in Davy Jones' locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I'll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I've led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o' swag. I'll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true.

You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o' pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o' monsoon that'll wipe ye off the map. You're sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o'er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist.

Not only do I be top o' the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I'll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o' the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn't, ye didn't, and now ye'll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I'll **** fury all over ye and ye'll drown in the depths o' it. You're fish food now, lad.

funny what a lack of strong leadership does to a country.

Tip top analysis.

I do not give a shit about niggers, lets get that wayyyy out of the way first.

Secondly, the point I was making is that the perception of crime being a problem is a media artifact and one of their oldest and favorite form of fear mongering. If you watched the 9 o clock news you would think the only things happening in the world are nigger crimes.

We have seen our police forces increase in number and power, both legally and in terms of force projection, yet there is no demographic justification for this. We do not need such a militarized police force to keep people in line.

Promoting blacks being unruly savages is just a tactic to distract from the real problem of the police state growing, which was the center of the internets attention before this bullshit racial politics came to the fore.

OPs point was that nowadays all of these events could happen within just a few years

been that way since 2012 bruh

nah its just because were all on the internet 24/7. if our media technology existed in the 80s it would have looked much worse

>We have seen our police forces increase in number and power, both legally and in terms of force projection, yet there is no demographic justification for this. We do not need such a militarized police force to keep people in line.

Yeah gangbangers, cartels and drug dealers who use high-powered automatic weapons are no reason for the police to increase in number and power at all. We should just let thugs take over our cities. Maybe we can just send our police out unarmed and asked them politely to stop, I'm sure they will comply.

What do you live in a cave? You sound like someone who has lived a sheltered life and has no idea what happens out in the real world

9gag pls go.

This is our fault. We have made memes real.

Great argument! Coming from a guy who's country is cucked. Enjoy your Muslim immigration

That was ALL worse in the 80s and 90s. The average gang banger in an american city now has at best a semi-automatic pistol with a drum round attached to it.

I live in New York City budday, I know for a fact that we have been getting nothing but safer. I was born in the year with the most murders ever recorded, and today its close to nothing. The militarization of the police came along after the Iraq war, when things were already astronomically better than they had been twenty-thirty years ago.

We have police running around with armored vehicles and rifles where they are not needed. We have unprecedented surveillance power in the hands of beat cops, and a thing like a warrant is almost history now with the mass digitization of petty police work. They can receive digital warrants now issued by judges who have themselves only received the request in the form of a digital ticket. No physical evidence presented to a flesh and blood person, just a request on the basis of claimed evidence.

>I live in New York City budday, I know for a fact that we have been getting nothing but safer.
>We have police running around with armored vehicles and rifles

Hmmm.. LOL your city had been getting safer and you have police running around in armored vehicles with rifles...

LooooooooooL you don't say. You think it would have gotten safer with out those police? Must be fucking magic huh buddy....

everyone likes to blame this on 'militarization' but every single chimpout inducing incident has been just a regular handgun

WE ARE FUCKING DOOMED!!!

HUFF SNICK FIM SNON YOFF.
(HAIL SATAN, HAIL SATAN, HAIL SATAN.)

666 ILLUMINATI

That's because its literally happening this time.

If the commies don't get their race war this week, they wont get it at all. Prepare for them to lay on the cannons, boys.

i NEVER see any sensitive info here on Sup Forums being discussed. not without a fake spin. only the most sophisticated breaches from the top are shared to other top people. thats the best guess i have... most of the info that leaks that is very delicate seems to be tainted with spin and lies anyways so theres that. but i think the good guys are gaining traction. and you might not believe it but the uber elites probably care about humanity a little more lately since all the backlash online over the past half decades or so. so theres that. i think it would be certainly wise for any budding computer IT guys to go into cyber security as a career.

Shit, why didn't we stop it?

i am 57 and I do remember much worse than this, like when the niggers burnt DC in the 60's. It was far worse than anything tonight. i lived there. We had to vacate our home to safety elsewhere. I'll never forget the fires and chaos. and I am white btw.

part 2.

it was 6 days of race riots and fires. april 1968. I was 9 1/2 y/o.

The Rodney King Riots were a pre internet happening. LAPD effectively ceded control of large swathes of the city. Dubyas dad had to send in National Guard. There were commie elements involved in coordinating the chimpouts. Followers of a guy named Bob Avakian.

Are you fucking retarded? I'm 36 and this shit is the same

>LA was actually BURNING
>White domestic terrorist bombed the Olympics in Atlanta (plus other targets)
>Branch Dividians were "smoked out"
>Montana Freemen
>Ruby Ridge
>OK City bombing

"WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE, IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING SINCE THE WORLD WAS TURNING"

in the 60's after MLK murder the cops used tear gas on massive scale in DC on protesters and on the populace and I can tell you since I was there that instead of it working it had exactly the reverse effect to aggravate and provoke -- or at least this was the common perception among my elders and family and friends. It was like poking a bees nest and the niggers went full chimp mode. To me, that was ApeCon one. It was terrifying. We lived night next to it in a lower middle class neighborhood. Terrifying.

the latest appears to be one cop dead, three cops shot but stable and going to live, and maybe 2 more cops in unknown condition at the moment. arrest occuring now.

My pops says 68 was worse.

The 80's was exactly like this
But since we are literally repeating the 1970's you can easily look at sed decade and see just how many happenings there were(hint: there was a fuckin lot)
Let's hope Trump is our god damn Nixon because it's the only way we will survive

I know.
I'm thoroughly entertained.

Maine and Murphy arrest 2 minutes ago was not the shooter. It was a guy standing in the crowd. Nothing to do with the shootings. Police over-reacted.

>democrats get into office and suddenly everything falls to shit

i don't even remember stuff being this bad when bush was pres and we were blowing up countries like nothing

trump needs to win

youtu.be/BqFnQygTOuo

Actually there was three. There was that American nu-male guy, that cucked british kid, and that fat black nigger.

This is all part of the global elites plans. Economic collapse soon

LA riots were worse.

It's the 1960s all over again.

...Henry Rollins?

update on fox 10.

2 snipers shot at least ten cops from above positions.

3 COPS DEAD NOW.
2 more in surgery now might loose life.
at least 3 more in critical condition.
rest unknown.

NOP, NO DANG MOONRUNES ALLOWED HERE SIR, WE'S JUS A BUNCH O GUD OL FAG BOIS TRYNA GET THREW COLLEGE, GOIN TO CHURCH EVERY DAY.

Thats because Bush is only the second good president this country has had since before WW2
Demoshits get us into wars and cultural ruin and repiblishits always get us out
I hate both sides but the Republicant's at least want some kind of coherent society

2016 is really a wild ride. We are literally living in a fucking meme. Remember in 2015 when it could be weeks without happenings.Every day its something new happening. Clinton, shootings and everything

Rollins is so far up the Jews ass it's ridiculous and he went full on peace and love
The beast ate him and he's never coming back

Kek told us 2016 would be amazing and as always he never let us down

Cities were literally burning down in the 60s. My parents say the 60s were still worse, but things are currently on track to match that era.

Because the left incited this.

The country was doing find before Obama. He objectively made race relations worse.

Daily Reminder that the chimpouts this year has been escalating more and more, as if Donald Trump is the reason. All he's done is say some obvious stuff but slightly heated. He never even said ANYTHING about black people.

Black People don't even know about crime. They think the system is racist. When in fact, they're committing all the fucking crime.

>1960's

this time the bums are gonna lose

This is what happened to every empire on its final days
Where were you when the united states died?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_racial_violence_in_the_United_States

Shit ain't new
I think it's just easier for a few people to wreak more havoc

It's Obama's rabble rousing

whos that hot """""girl"""""

>Is it the way we are consuming media or is society unraveling

Its the media.

The statistics show America is literally the most peaceful its been in 60 years.

Yet everyone believes things are unraveling.

Ya, they were crazy times. Kent state , National Guard firing live ammo on college protests, On the verge of Nukes with USSR, Black Panther bombings...Vietnam...

Fair enough

Agreed. The ride has been fun though.

Imagine if Sup Forums was around back then.

imagine if social media was around when kent state went down

I remember but that was one event. Look at the past year. It's been a shit show. Three cops dead as of now.

that song is pretty much the theme of 2016 so far.

*latter

Come on man. It's happening way more. I can feel it in the air. It's electric.

We were.....
Who do you think was working in telecom user?

its not happening more, we are way more informed by social media, etc

>hippies BTFO
>eat shit flowerfags

>#ProtestorLivesMatter