5th Indiana Jones Movie Set for 2019

>Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.

thewaltdisneycompany.com/spielberg-and-ford-reunite-as-indiana-jones-returns-to-theaters-july-19-2019/

Other urls found in this thread:

thecontextofthings.com/2014/08/17/river-phoenix-and-leo-dicaprio/
youtube.com/watch?v=hFKdAhi_yc0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Harrison Ford must want to fucking kill himself.

>Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role
Heh guess Shia taking up the lead mantle in the franchise didn't work out like they planned

why

Nope. He's being killed off in this one as well. He's been confirmed saying he wants to be killed off in his most iconic roles so people don't keep bugging him. He'll also die in Blade Runner 2.

why would

>((((steven spielberg)))

waste his last remaining years directing this piece of shit.

>(((dISNEY)))

MUST HAVE DIRT ON HIM. BLACKMAILING HIM.

Is the Young Indiana Jones chronicles worth watching?

Indiana Jones 4 aged well because of all the capeshit that's been coming out the past 9 years

>Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role.

What the hell. Does Spielberg have him on some sort of lifetime contract?

>last remaining years

What? He's at least got another 40 years left in him.

Maybe Ford wants a new mansion.

See He wants out. As with Shia taking the mantle. I'm willing to bet, 100%, that they're going to get a new Indiana Jones actor who will be up for cross-over with the Lara Croft reboot.

>cross-over with the Lara Croft reboot.

Why does this sound possible?

Which is sad as Shia was probably one of the better things about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. His acting that is, as the character was kinda badly written.

>What the hell. Does Spielberg have him on some sort of lifetime contract?

At this point I think they simply just threatening him with taking away his pilot license for good if he won't act in more shitty sequels nobody really cares for... Including him.

>That belongs in a museum

ah River phoenix would have been perfect to take the role if the jews hadn't overdosed him.

Who's replacing him as new Indy?

It wasn't too ridiculous when they did Crystal Skull, but what the fuck is literally near 80 Harrison Ford going to be doing in this movie? He's a tough old man, but this shit is going to actually kill him if he keeps it up.

sources say idris elbow

Makes sense. Considering how completely disinterested and phoned-in his performance was in Crystal Skull, Indiana getting killed off is the only way I could see him agreeing to do it.

>Who's replacing him as new Indy?

Angelina Jolie

john boyega is having talks with the studio

WE

I used to think that was Leonardo DiCaprio because I had remembered seeing Titanic at some point.

what is this even going to be about? 75 year old Indiana Jones fighting vietnam war draft dodgers in the late 60's?

Someone non-white. Or they'll give him a non-white companion/love interest that is similar or superior to Indy both intellectually and physically.

It's On The Road / Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas with Indiana going on a road trip to Mexico with his students, doing copious amounts of psychedelics.

Because people have regular made the comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a three way crossover instead, actually.

Lara Croft reboot
Indiana Jones reboot (with a younger actor)

plus

Uncharted film which I think is being made.

Yup. It's perfect as it's not going to be impossible for him to have other sons or just have Shia's character replaced by somebody else. There won't be a female Indiana Jones as Lara Croft takes that title and studios won't want that shit.

It'd be a pretty hard reboot then, seeing as they basically said that his son would replace him. But even if it isn't, why would you Sup Forums fags care? Jones COLONISED/CIVILISED a black woman.

But hey, then again, why would you complain anyway? A black guy going round stealing things?

This meme was never funny.

theres really nothing good they could do. Given the characters age and the time period it would have to take place in, it will just be cheesy and stupid

>cross-over with the Lara Croft reboot

Don't you even fucking joke

It's a /vpol/ invader. Since that sounds like some shit I've seen them moaning about Uncharted that has a black woman who kicks the male protags ass because the male protag refuses to fight her.

well, that is sort of reason why he did SW:FA

If not a cross-over, there will be a little nod. Maybe him bumping into the Lara Croft actor and he scrambles to pick up her shit, picks up the bording pass in an airport

>Oh, I think this is yours... Mrs Croft
>Oh it's Ms Croft actually
>*looks at his ticket*
>Mr Jones

Screencap this. I want to be wrong but there is too much potential that some exec will think this up.

ironically, river phoenix was supposed to play the part in titanic before he died. He was Camerons first choice.

Lucky Leo.

thecontextofthings.com/2014/08/17/river-phoenix-and-leo-dicaprio/

They probably have him take the Sean Connery role in The Last Crusade and young Indy has to go rescue him

then work nazis into it again somehow maybe

the last movie which came out a decade ago was set in the late 50's. so the 5th movie will have to be set in at least the mid 60's, no nazis then

This makes me sad

They don't even exist in the same time periods, do they? Isn't there several decades dividing them even at Indy's oldest?

How come Harrison Ford wants to die in every of his most famous role? Does he hate acting?

A cabal of old sinister Nazis, hidden away, building a power base or followers, looking for the Spear of Destiny, done.

>Does he hate acting?
yes. Hes hated making anything since around 2000

>mfw they have Indy fight Hydra instead of Nazis thus connecting it with their capeshit universe

I don't think the studio would produce a documentary on the global elite.

But the Spear of Destiny is in the museum?

If its good, its good. If its bad everyone will just forget it happened like Crystal Skull.

Because by the time he finishes this one, he will literally be approaching 80. You think he wants to play them forever? They all know at this point that his characters need to start dying because he's old as fuck.

Use Francoist Spain for Inquisition conspiracies.

How could it realistically be good?

Honestly I dont know, even if they learn from KotCS they'll likley make it far too 'safe' like TFA.

I have to say, it really speaks to how iconic Harrison Ford is that they literally have to kill him in universe in order to reboot these franchises.

Not in this movie, user, those are fakes and reproductions, the real one is on the run with caretakers and the Nazi cabals are after it.

Remember when Spielberg said he's done with Indiana Jones and never wants to make another sequel again?

>global elite
>nazis

My poor naive user

Shows how much you know.

hired disney goons bust Harrisons doors in, then fucking choke him out and put him to sleep, and then he wakes up in full costume and on set. That's why he was so shit in indy 4

youtube.com/watch?v=hFKdAhi_yc0

Nope but the Indiana Jones series will probably be rebooted with a new actor but in this period.

Sure does, user.

Probably a 'end of a era' thing. With Spielberg killing off Indy so that any potential future films will have a different director and so on.

Kind of misses the entire point of Indiana Jones then

>>ARCHEOLOGY CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Friendly reminder that there are several spears of destiny in the real world, with one being a Polish copy of the Vienna spear and one being kept by the Vatican etc.

Second-generation Nazis working to steal all of them to discern which one is the true one could be pretty cool. Indy butting heads with no-nonsense Vatican City guards out to get their own piece back could be fun.

Well, Indy is more about getting shit for museums, while Lara is more about doing it for the prestige and shit. It'd have two conflicting reasons for finding shit.

The only problem, which you're right above, is the NEW Lara is more like a female Indy than she originally was. Originally she was a gun totting explorer who did it for a rush. Now it's "OMG I CAN DO THIS I CAN DO THIS. OMG IM SO SORRY MR DEER!".

I think it'd be interesting. It's to easy to pitch, sadly.

>HEY GUISE!
>VIDYA GAMES, RIGHT?
>YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS GOOD?
>OLD GOOD FILMS WHICH PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T ALIVE WHEN THEY WERE RELEASED LOVE!
>LETS COMBINE THE TWO LOL
>[SHIPPING INTENSIFIES]

This news is over a year old faggot

>but in this period.

Wouldn't that just be Uncharted? Never played the games.

Pretty much. But that's the other thing. Uncharted is getting a film. So, I don't see much being different. Apart from, isn't Indy based on actual real life mysteries and all that shit? While isn't Uncharted based on made up legends and so on?

Also Indy doesn't kill that many people compared to the guy in Uncharted (at least I'm guessing as it's a video game, be boring without gunplay).

Does that mean we can't talk about it? Got the archive links to the old threads?

Any other actor who was getting too old to keep playing their iconic characters would let the character die off screen (see: will Smith independence day 2) or simply be recast (See: Sean Connery James bond). Ford is a devout Kinovian and actually cares about his most famous characters so gives them a legitimate send off and departs from the role in style, on film so that it may be preserved for eternity. And he gets called a cynical old man who hates his craft by people who don't understand that he is cementing his legacy.

Indiana Jones is old pulp action and serial adventures, rebooting it in the modern day just misses the point, you know? The setting, the era, the action, it all comes from a specific place, which is why they're so fun. Alas, modern reboots don't care for this. Which is why Uncharted is getting a movie.

I guess so. I just see, sadly, execs open to the potential.

>inb4 Indiana rescue a teenager called Lara in the middle of the movie and she helps him in the end
>when they go home he meets a guy
>"Doctor Jones, I am Alexander Croft, thank you for rescuing my daughter Lara"
credit roll

Will Smith's character got killed off because he asked too much money to play his old role again. Nothing to do with respect.

Something tells me even though they're going to replace Indy they'll still somehow have the new movies set during WWII so they can continue to beat up evil nazis for eternity.

Where is this 'asked for so much money'.

>implying that would be a bad thing

Seriously, bring in that dude who played young Ford in Age of Adaline and give us the Atlantis movie and I'd be perfectly fine with it.

What 'legends' have they covered?

>Ark of the Covenant
>Some Indian shit I dunno if it's made up or not
>Crystal Skulls
>The Holy Grail

So, loads of shit is open to be done. I always assumed they'd do a Atlantis one at one point. The Fountain of Youth? Golden City of Dorado?

Harrison ford is fucking 75, he will not last another movie

Anthony Ingruber

>The Fountain of Youth? Golden City of Dorado?
Needs to be edgy judeochristian.
I'd say Book of the Wars of the Lord would be perfect.

>ARCHEOLOGY CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

El Dorado isnt likley, since they already did a hidden Mesoamerican City in Crystal Skull.

SPEAR OF DESTINY

Judeo-Christian stuff was always the best because the Nazis wanted that shit, too, they're connected. Nazis, Biblical artifacts and pulp action are what make Indiana Jones movies. That's why Temple and Crystal Skull suck so much ass.

>Lara, Indy and Nathan
Add a National Treasure reboot into the mix and we've got a cinematic universe, lads!

>edgy

Calm that fedora down, son, there's reasons it's Biblical stuff.

WELL WELL INDIANA JONES

Stop making cinematic universes

They won't kill off Ford.

Indiana will find the Fountain of Youth and his replacement actor will take over from then on.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is literally a naziploitation movie directed by a Jewish filmmaker about Jewish God killing nazis.
Seems pretty edgy to me.

>Over 10 years since Crystal Skull

Huh

Now this is shitposting

Patrick Stewart has. Ian McKellen has.

So, what mythological power is it suppose to have? The ability to defeat any foe in battle by summoning the power of God to smite them down?

I thought Temple of Doom was liked, maybe not the most, but enough?

You know what we meant. Kill off or not, he won't be in any more films. I'm pretty sure he'll demand to be killed off so they can't do a "COME BACK FOR A CAMEO! LOL!". Remember Star Trek and bringing back Shatner?

Fountain of Youth is too similar to the Holy Grail

How do they keep convincing him to replay star wars and now indiana jones? Does disney own a blood contract or what

>So, what mythological power is it suppose to have? The ability to defeat any foe in battle by summoning the power of God to smite them down?
They can figure out something. After all most of the myths surrounding the artifacts they have in those movies were literally created for the movies.
We need a list of biblical artifacts
>jericho's trumpet - ancient ICBM

He was badly cast.
He's a good actor, but not Indiana Jones.

He crashes his plane into the ground every few months. It can't be Calista Flockhart, must be the threat of this.

ally mcbeals plastic surgery costs a lot

>Patrick Stewart has

Are you living in a cave?

user, I don't think you know what edgy means

It's a pure pulp action movie lifted directly out of that era, what happens is not uncommon for what it is

why

no one even wanted to make indy 4 it was just lucas bothering them for decades

Bitch, the dead one was spock, not him