Afghanistan: to visit or not to visit

Hi, I'm a burger half euromutt half soviet war diasporafag and I've taken an interest in travelling to Afghanistan.

Not for some retarded "muh heritage, muh identity, muh race, we wuz shahs" concept but I just think that central asia is objectively more amazing than the rest of the world.

For one, the people are very beautiful. The geography is also very diverse. I could go on. Long story short I wanna visit but I have some questions.

What regions are safest? Apparently the areas near Iran, such as Herat, are pretty good. How safe are we talking though, relative to USA? Kabul I hear is not a great idea at the moment.

How well versed do I have to be with the culture? I don't speak the language but I will have someone who grew up in Kabul and is fluent in Dari with me at all times. I also happen to be a Christian, is the "people will walk up to you and make you recite verses of the Quran" mostly a meme? I hear from many sources that Afghans love Americans but I also frequently hear the opposite.

Where will I have to go to get the truest Afghan experience? I'm not talking about getting shot in the dark or dressed up as a little boy and fucked, I mean what city would be best for experiencing Afghan culture? Now's a good time to interject, fuck the nigger tier tribal savages, my family goes back for generations as cityfolk/Kabuli and my great grandpa was personal best friends with the country's most secular king. My family has retained very close ties with the royal family and has even intermarried at certain points, if you go far back enough.

No memes please, try to compare the safety of certain cities around the country to other Western cities. Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkThVrFJExE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey op, I was born in America but my parents are from Afghanistan. I recently visited Afghanistan(Kabul) last summer and, I have to say, wasn't as bad as people make it ought to be. Granted however, I was always with family, when I left the house.
The people are nice and welcoming, reciting the Quran everywhere you go is definitely a meme. If you're wanting to visit, you should, without a doubt, have someone, preferable a native, to be with everywhere you go. Overall, my experience was excellent, I had a really good time. Very beautiful country with beautiful people.,

You sound exactly like me except I only have one parent from there, exactly the kind of person I hoped would turn up, please go more in depth

How well versed are you in the culture/language? What was the most fun and amazing thing? What would you do differently?

Army here.

Don't visit. The place is far less stable and safe than even a few years ago.

My mother and father come from both different cultures (father nuristani mother tajik) so it was quite complicated learning two completely different cultures growing up.
Besides that, I know a fair bit of Dari, I'm actually trying to self teach myself the language before i visit once more next summer.

Id probably say the safest place to visit is kabul and theres a lot of cool places to check out. I personally had a great experience visiting Kabul's museum, zoo, and university.
What part of Afghanistan are you from, btw?

explain
>father nuristani
that's awesome, there's so much mystique and awe surrounding the nuristani people
I have virtually zero ties to the country but my family goes back as kabuli a long way. If I had to guess we'd probably be mostly tajik/pashtun, none of the more mongoloid peoples

Visit Jalabad,it' has amazing kebabs and despite me being Pakistani they didn't kill me or anything, Afghans are good people and very nice to visitors

ehhhh, sounds unsafe. Was it unsetttling?

PS I'm hitting the sack but if this thread is still up around 7AM eastern I'll reply

It was honestly quite calm and safe, people were really nice when you mention you have come as a guest and always say Salam aleikum if you can, and learn a bit of pashto or dari, I spoke pashto and people were nicer to me. Be sure to tell them you have come as a GUEST not a soldier or invader or anything.

That sucks not having any ties to the country. Unfortunately, there isnt that many options to live, for a time, in Afghanistan if you don't have any family or ties to anyone that's relatively safe. I'd probably just reccomend you to visit Iran. It's much safer and is closely related to Afghanistan in terms of culture, language, people, and history.

chetor hasti watandar?

Idk man the security situation in kabul looks pretty grim, but for the most part you should be alright. Just don't stay around for too long in a public place lol.
I'd say visit the Panjshir valley, easily the most safe part of the country if you want to experience the natural beauty of greenery surrounded high up between snow capped Hindu Kush mountains and fast rivers.

For historical appeal, visit Herat for the famous Citadel or Grand mosque and also Mazar i Sharif in the north is also quite safe with the famous Seljuk period 'shrine of Ali' being located there. Keep away from the south and maybe dress in traditional clothing to blend in, all in all stay safe bachem.

The only thing I've ever found interesting about Afghanistan is its one of the few places in the world where they still smoke opium and hashish in the traditional way.

It grows all over the Hindu Kush and regular Afghanis use it. I've always wanted to use Chandu (the traditional form of opium).

>For one, the people are very beautiful.
That's what everybody says about their country desu.

>flag
Tajik?

>Tajik?
yes

how do i get a qt afghan girl without her dad killing her?
no joke

good luck mate, are you afghan?

>good luck mate,
:(
>are you afghan?
Half leb, half pali

Well now it depends, are you muslim at least? If yes, you have a chance.

kind of. i believe and all that but i never really practice barring fridays.
> If yes, you have a chance.
fair enough

I have a few cousins who married with muslim lebs, so its not that far fetched, religion is very important tho.
You in Western Sydney?

Australia really needs a wall for your type

>You in Western Sydney?
yea bruh. i think all the aus diaspora on Sup Forums are

i jumped over

nice, are you one of the 3 namefag aus lebs that post on /mena/?

>nice, are you one of the 3 namefag aus lebs that post on /mena/?
there's three now? i only remember baal and lebanon.

Tell your people to pack their shit and go back home. Afghani people here are rapists thieves and murderers. Almost like gypsies but worse, much worse. I could never imagine visiting a place like that after how it's people have behaved in the streets here.
Here is how I rate them
From worse to better
1. Somali
2. Afghani
3. Turks
4. Arabs
5. Kurds
6. Iranians

diaspora =/= natives

That's what happens when you leave your borders open to a bunch of poor thugs with no families who've literally walked across a continent from a wartorn shithole to your tolerant and progressive cunt. Learn to say 'No', sw*decuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkThVrFJExE

It can't be that bad, there was a lot of international cricketers from New Zealand and South Africa that were playing over there in a cricket league a month or two back

called the Simpson desert mate, absolutely no lebs in WA

>central asia is objectively more amazing than the rest of the world
wtf
>is in any way interested in Afghans or Afghanistan
wtf x 1000
kys my man