I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!

I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!

Literally perfect show, but guaranteed 0 replies on Sup Forums I'm afraid

>insane laughter

The remake was shit tbqh

I quite liked it, and I love the original and hate Ian McKellen

I watched this series purely because I loved the Iron Maiden song, while I was reading Dune I thought that it would make a great Maiden song, then I heard To Tame a Land, the lyrics of Rime of the Ancient Mariner are almost exactly the same as the poem and the poem is awesome.
Maiden songs provide the best watching/reading suggestions.

Has anyone seen the episode where he duels an enemy on a giant trampoline?

>I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own!

Watching The Prisoner when you're a pissed off teen is the greatest experience ever.

>patrick mcgoohan
literally the best james bond we NEVER had.

the prisoner is groundbreaking tv, up there with original star trek and the twilight zone.
everyone should watch it.

There's nothing to say, you faggot. Look at your own retarded post and how little it contributes to meaningful discussion. Most threads on Sup Forums are criticising something for why it's shit so how are people meant to discuss The Prisoner?

my dad's a huge fan of this show

>tfw still have the dvd box set

I don't remember much of it except being weirded the fuck out

he was also considered to play Gandalf

the ending pulled and Evangelion way before evangelion

wow really?
i never knew that, thanks user.

the irony that he plays the prison warden in escape from alcatraz is never lost on me.

Who's up for a game of Kosho?

Fucking well said.

I will absolutely destroy you, I've been training in my makeshift woodland gymnasium for weeks

>the prisoner is groundbreaking tv,

This is correct and I like it but part of the ground it broke was being incoherent for the sake of it. It was the 60s and a lot of what happens in the show is a response to the formulaic TV at the time, of which McGoohan was part. He talks about this role being an antidote to the secret agent role he used to play.

The episodes were also released out of order and it didn't matter. That should tell you how much they cared about any story arc in this show.

It's a shame too because the mundane part of The Prisoner is intriguing. You could make a pretty heavily plotted show out of the concept of someone being taken out of their element and put into a mysterious island location where nothing is what it seems and everyone seems to play along.

The surrealist part seems forced and stale now mostly because we've seen it done so much since then.

good post, user!

did you like the episode (ep13) where no.6 was mind swapped?
it seems to be shit upon by many fans, but i loved it.