Why the fucking fuck did this shows second season go on after the main story was over...

why the fucking fuck did this shows second season go on after the main story was over? what the fuck was the point of forcing myself through this shitty Jean Reno / Windom Earle / James hurley and Donna drama shit? Who the fuck cares? Why did they do this? Someone? Please???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uV2jilTeuhM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NBC wanted more eps and forced Lynch to do more

NBC forced Lynch to reveal the killer halfway through S2. This ruined all his plans for what to do for the rest of the season, so you got the 7-8 bad episodes in a row.

Lynch said "fuck it" and went to go make Wild at Heart while the series dragged on, but he came back to make the finale, which was one of the best hours of TV kino ever made, and will be directing every episode of Season 3, so there's reason to be hopeful.

Lynch himself says that they never should have solved the mystery because that was the thing that propelled it and gave it its magic.

This is why Mulholland Drive's sense of mystery is never dispelled or explained.

gee, wonder if Donna is gonna be in this Season 3 cast as well

I'd sit through all of it a million times to get to the series finale, which is arguably the best episode of the entire series.

Sigh. Here you go, newfriend.

im at season 2 episode 5 right now.. (first time watching season 2)

leave Sup Forums right now unless you've already had the big reveal spoiled or you don't care.

Take a look at this if you haven't yet. It doesn't contain spoilers.

actually havent had it spoiled for me, should i just leave and binge watch the last 7 episodes? (i was at 15, not 5

>15
oh, that's ok then. go on. just power through to the final episode. they start getting better as the end approaches! but until then, feel free to skip the scenes involving characters you don't like (especially James and Donna, totally worthless). but there's some great Coop/Gordon Cole/other moments on the way.

Not sure why this show is so hyped. It's dreadful. Bottom of the barrel acting. Extremely slow-paced. Dialogue written by kids. Half of the characters are useless. I kept watching it because of its extensive praise and critical acclaim. By the time the killer is revealed in the second season I didn't give a fuck about anything or anyone. I stopped watching when the killer was revealed and I wish I could get back all those hours I spent on it.

>Not sure why this show is so hyped
Because most people have better taste than you.

fuck yes gordon cohle makes it worth it

hopefully there's just an off hand comment on how donna got AIDs and died.

It starts getting good again on episode 17, you're already through most of the rough patch. Though I'd argue even the 'bad' episodes are decent and play much better on rewatch. Laura Palmer was a tough act to follow.

To ruin everything you love.

shes also part of the reason why the show went so down hill in season two. jealous of audreys screen time and also about cooper and audrey (as Donna was dating cooper IRL at the time)

>tfw everyone's waifu gets ZANED

here's hoping for a cozy old-person redemption romance arc this spring.

Also because she brought all the momentum of the show to a grinding halt nearly every time she was on-screen after Laura's murderer was revealed.

youtube.com/watch?v=uV2jilTeuhM
>Just you

>nadine arc
>james & donna arc
>shelley and bobby with leo arc (best one i think)
>cooper being investigated and suspended
>windom earle arc
>ben horne playing civil war

i'd take laura palmer any day. at least that felt like it mattered. I still think my favorite scene yet so far is coopers dream with the little guy dancing.

Shelly arc is great because it's basically the story of Eraserhead but happening to a woman with a grown man instead of a mutant baby.

Windom Earle gets kind of endearing eventually.

> I still think my favorite scene yet so far is coopers dream with the little guy dancing.
you're gonna love the finale.

That's the point, anything was going to be a let down after Laura Palmer, especially the mundane stuff that directly followed. But there's lots to like when you aren't comparing it to what came before. Ben Horne's Civil War is great, so is Jean Renault/Denise Bryson. Windom Earle is great too once it picks up steam. The stuff with Josie Packard was less interesting, but it was worth it for all Jack Nance/Dan O'Herlihy bromance. Nadine's arc is low tier, but not a total wash. James and Donna can fuck off though, especially once James leaves town. Probably the only scenes in the show I'd call irredeemable.

yeah. the show REALLY picks up again at about the last 5 episode.

season 2 episode 7 is kino