"I don't like Olives"

Why not? They are very tasty.

Fuck you then

Will you add Catalonia to that image?

retarded spaniards

Aint my fault this guy can't greentext properly

sorry i think you meant to include """occitania""", not FRANCE
we are an atlantic country

Inaccurate map, beautiful Catalonia is NOT sp*Nish.

Una ragazza piu cativa nel camera da letto,per favore.

post nice qts from your cunt.

butiful arab princess

Can I join technically I'm a med and we eat olives atleast once a week.

>we eat olives atleast once a week.
>not everyday

We don't have time for that every morning.
Everyone has school/work to go to.

i am a med but i dont eat olives. too much calories desu senpai

breakfast is slowly becoming a luxury in modern times i guess.

I didn't know olives had that much calories.

i must rape her

100 grams is 120 cal. problem is it has too much fat. and i never feel like i am not full with only 100 grams soo....

Does anybody know where I can find a rip of classic Spacetoon cartoons? I found a site that has cartoons in arabic online but the ones that I was looking for don't have the main themes i remember nor the same voice actors so it's probably from another channel.

That's not that much though.
100 grams would be like 16-17 olives and the most I ate in one sitting were 20 or so.

still since the overall volume of the meat of olives is too small to feel like you are stuffed with only 100 grams. at least for me.

well i dont eat breakfasts anymore anyways. i only eat 2 times a day for a while now.

Well we only eat twice too.
Breakfast and dinner, breakfast during week days is just a sandwich though.
In the weekends we have enough time to have big breakfasts with all the good stuff.

B-but breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

>ywn have a loving gf to make you breakfasts in the morning
why even live at this point?

i only eat lunch and a late dinner, about 800-900 calories each.

Don't you live with your family?
Breakfast is a group effort in our home I always do the sucuk.

i live alone. my family is in another city. i am alone since university desu. lived in dorm for years now moved to a housing block within university, doing phd and shit.

would muslims let catters eat pork?

>sucuk for breakfast
do turks really do this?

problem is, you cant really find pork meat in muslim countries because there is absolutely no demand for it. even if you find some in niche markets, they are most probably very expensive.

yeah its pretty common. whenever i go home during holidays, mother makes eggs with sucuk. like pretty much every morning.

kisscartoon if it still has servers running

sure

we have no use for porks so why not let kots eat them

yea i'd fucking skip lunch too in that case, maybe even dinner if bread and cheeses were included. sounds good though. been meaning to make myself a big breakfast for some time and pan fried sucuk for breakfast sounds decadent as fuck. mmm yeah

i dont have time for breakfast though, the moment i wake up, i just get dressed for work and shit and go out. i just have lunch and dinner then. i rather sleep a bit more desu.

That sucks, can't you find a few fellow students to have meals with.
Generally students who live on their own here do so in buildigns with a shared kitchen so they all eat together. But I can understand if you would want your own, some students have really shitty hygiene.

ofc wagecucks like us can't eat breakfast, i meant on the weekend.

plus that longer fasting period from like 20:00 to 12:00 next day is good for you. ideally i like to have one big meal at noon and then nothing at all or some tiny snack or a small bowl of lentil soup at dinner. worked wonders to get me /fit/

my place has its own kitchen etc. in every room. its housing for university staff, like profs. master/phd students etc. since i am phd student i am considered staff too. i really dont want to live in dormitories anymore. people in dormitories are fucking filthy like animals. i really like my place, its extremely comfy. too bad i ll quit it soon though, i want to go back to istanbul, find a job there etc. lets see what happens.

Typical turkish breakfast would be bread, cheese, sucuk, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, a few kinds of jam and tea.
Atleast that's what we eat during the weekends.
Also I thought the balkans were similiar in eating habits.

Where are you studying now then?

on weekends i wake up at like 11 am or something, i feel like "oh shit, its too late for breakfast" and then directly have lunch again.

i started eating less to get fit as well. i was always doing sports after work for like a year now but was eating quite a lot of food too so i wasnt losing weight as fast as i wanted. then i decided count calories and it led me to eating 2 times a day. a lunch at the mess hall of university and sort of light dinner at about 8-9pm after sports. i guess thats actually the healthy way to live from what i ve read recently.

couple of weeks ago i went to istanbul during a holiday and went to topkapı palace etc. for some historical fun. apparently in ottoman palace, sultans and likes ate 2 times a day too. a late breakfast around 11am or whatever and a dinner before sunset.

i am an electronics engineer, doing phd. working in a kind of small research institute with some profs. in same place. but i am a bit bored of this place and this university. i am here since 2008, did my bachelor's, my master's and now doing phd. i mean its nice and all but i am bored as fuck. i need a change in my life.

as far as dishes and spices used - yeah, sure, we're pretty similar. i'd say greek and turkish and bulgarian are most similar. but as far as i know we were never big into breakfast in bulgaria. i can't even name a traditional bulgarian breakfast. maybe ickembe corba.

>ickembe corba
is it cooked with cow stomach or whatever? its a pretty famous "sobering up" late night soup after a very alcohol heavy party or whatever in Turkey lol. no one drinks it in breakfasts.

What this user said also is it a bit spicy thats how my mom always makes it.

pic. related is a typical middle class breakfast in turkey.

it's for sobering up here too lol, but for drinking on the morning after. but a lot of people eat it for breakfast even when they're not drunk. yes, it's cow stomach.

i thought a bit more about bulgarian breakfast and i guess bulgarians eat a lot of pastries like borek (banitsa) or kifli but i don't eat that shit because a serving of that is probably like 1000 calories

My mother went to Tunisia a couple weeks ago and had pork, apparently there is like one farm with pork somewhere in the country
She stayed with a rich family tho

in bulgaria this would be perfect rakia meze.

whys schnitzel is so popular among arabs, at least here

Because it makes them gassy,

its pretty impossible to find in turkey unless its some niche supermarket as i said. its really a supply-demand issue. since it has absolutely no place in the culture, no one demands it, so there is no supply for it.

na in turkey people drink it before sleeping to sober up a little bit and to equalize the salt etc. in blood since its pretty salty/spicy soup.

borek is pretty popular in turkish breakfast too but since it takes time to bake it, most people dont eat it unless its some special big breakfast or whatever. yeah borek is very calorie heavy, all the fat and carbohydrates. desu its pretty hard to stay fit in this region with all the fucking tasty food people make.

Oh man I could really go for some borek with cheese now.

Typical turkish meze for raki would be like fish,cheese and melon, or so I've heard.

rakı meze is pic. related. a bit more yogurt and vegetable/fruit based.

man i wanna drink rakı now. i decided to drink less alcohol couple of weeks ago because of muh calories. counting calories kind of made me paranoid lul.

left row 2nd from top is sort of wild weed that they fry with oil and spices etc.

right row 2nd from top looks like haydari, yogurt and thyme mixture i really love it. right row 4th from top looks like eggplant with yogurt and 5th from top looks like humus.

ceci desu

When you think about it turkish cuisine might be one of the most decadent cuisine around.

>decadent
what do you mean? our cuisine is pretty good. its not specifically turkish cuisine though, its like east med cuisine. quite a lot of modern "turkish" foods have ancient laventine roots.

i was able to lose a lot of weight while still drinking if i only drank once or twice per week - usually on friday and saturday. buy a scale to monitor your weight and try doing it that way for a couple of weeks to see if you still get results. all that shit looks great, especially the sarma. we don't use that as meze but i'd try it.

but those peppers need to be cut up and mixed with some oil and vinegar for a proper salad.

wish more people here were redpilled on the fish as meze question, but they're not. i love it though.

I fucking love this, we call it Patsas here

>decadent
means hedonistic basically, to spoil yourself. i'd agree. haven't traveled that much but balkan cuisine seems to be my favorite.

whats wrong with it, its good. i like it too

ill beat the shit out of you, filthy roach

don't you season it with milk and red pepper?

лoл я cи eби мaйкaтa oлигoфpeн

i also only drank once a week as well, generally friday nights if i am not going out with friends or whatever. but still, lately i decided to lower the alcohol as well after getting completely smashed 4 weeks ago with a friend. damn it was a wild night.

in turkish version there is not a lot of meat in it, its generally just the water of and maybe some meat pieces.

do you guys also have "skull soup" there? its pretty much same concept but cooked with skull of sheep. literally UMA DELICIA of turkey lul. you know what. i ll start a thread with it now.

Don't get me wrong I think turkish cuisine is the best in the world with a mix of everything in it.
What I meant with decadent is that a lot of it is really fattening.
But you're right that other med cuisines have the same.

Fish seems to me to be one of the healthies things you could eat while drinking desu.
Better than nuts whihc have shitload of fat in it.

yeah, balkan, turkish, east med. pretty much all the same.

fun fact, a famous turkish historian, ilber ortaylı, says Ottoman Empire was a balkan empire :^)

t*rk raki has nothing to do with our rakia tb h, raki is more like our mastika and greek ouzo, it requires different "mezes"

>bulgarian breakfast. maybe ickembe corba
>banitsa
>tutmanik
>pitki
>mekici
>etc

but yeah, we are shit at breakfast, its mostly some dough-based meals, most of the people here consdiere coffee and cigarette a breakfast, kek

shkembe chorba is most certainly not a typical breakfast by any means, its a hangover cure

i see now, didnt know decadent had that kind of meaning lol.

Just don't post lad, we don't care about your inferiority complex

I would say balkan-anatolian empire.
The middle east didn't contribute that much to the empire aside from taxes.
Atleast north africa had pirates harrasing italians.

Usually it comes with black pepper and no milk added desu

i don't eat those, so that's why i forgot them at first seeand i've seen plenty of people who get shkembe for breakfast without being drunk, me included.

ouzo is literally rakı. mastika seems like a liquor though. damn i really like liquor too.

if i knew i wouldnt go completely smashed and cirhosis, i would drink every single night.

Ouzo isn't that different from raki though.
Don't know how rakia tastes never had that.

very different, because it's made with fruits and it has no anise flavor. only the name is similar

if rakia is similar to mastika then its a liquor type without anise. ouzo is literally rakı.

All of them are ottoman liquors anyway.
But I should try rakia sometime if I can find it here.
Liquor stores always had ouzo here and since a few years they started to sell raki too but I can't say I saw rakia ever.

if you can find, new tekirdağ rakı "no 10" is amazing.

I remember eating in Athens a stew made of leeks,lamb,spinach and some other greens. It was bloody amazing. Don't know how you call it but it's extremely similar to Persian/Armenian stew ghorma šabzi.

maybe raki, ouzo and mastika are ottoman but rakia is based on viniculture which has existed in europe before the ottomans.

This one? If this is it, we call it "magiritsa" and it's a traditional Easter dish

thats what im saying, raki/ouzo/mastika are basically the same, its completely dofferent than rakia, all anise-based

rakia is more brandy-like, its basically vodka tasting like fruit

There is only yeni raki here unfortunately.
Once bought it when hanging out with my dutch friends and they seemed to like it too the thing is though that there isn't that much of an meze culture here so a part of the experience got lost.
I had tekirdag raki too though my uncle brought it with him once when we were making cig kofte at our place.

I was joking user.

Used to watch that channel while in Morocco, it's also where I discovered its spinoff channel Spacepower. Those were the days.

>All of them are ottoman liquors anyway.
>lying on the internet
filthy roach desu

>During an archaeological study, Bulgarian archaeologists discovered an 11th-century fragment of a distillation vessel used for the production of rakiya. Due to the age of the fragment, hence contradicting the idea that rakiya production only began in the 16th century, some historians believe this indicates that rakiya did originally come from Bulgaria.[4]

a friend of mine is alevi from çorum. his uncle brews rakı and he brought us a bottle about a year or so ago. it was the strongest alcohol i ever drank, maybe like 70% alcohol or some shit? damn i would do so much for another bottle desu.

is that Drobeno, we eat it on easter too, absolutely fucking disgusting

how can one man be so pleb

Oh shit is it even possible to drink something like that.
The worst I know is whiskey/vodka/raki which are 40% or something but that stuff is almost double then.

Yeah looks like it. Only difference seems Iranians put kidney beans into theirs.

What do balkanlilar eat as desert btw?
I know that greeks have baklava too but aside from that its uncharted territory for me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magiritsa

>eating lamb
>eating liver

quite disgusting

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garash_cake
the greatest Bulgarian invention