Wolverine losing it

>logan is kicking and breaking the car
>drops to the street and passes out
>crowd is laughing

HE JUST LOST CHARLES XAVIER YOU FUCKING INBRED QUIP-SEEKING DISGUSTING FUCKING PLEBS, HE WAS LIKE HIS FUCKING FATHER

I see this is a common occurrence.

I love going to the movies but mostly I hate going to the movies

But it's comic movie XD they're supposed to funny!!!! Btw why was this movie so dark and violent? Took my kid to see it and he had nightmares for the past couple days. I thought marvel was family friendly :/

Yeah retards were laughing at my session too

How did he lose him? it's literally buried 50ft from him

He forgot to put an X to mark the spot.

Thank god Laura didn't

you fucked up by not saying my wifes son

I'll always remember seeing X-Men 1 in the theater.

During the origin start to Magneto (where he bends the concentration camp gate) some nigger shouted "HAHA JEW."

Why can't people just keep quiet during the film?

it's called schadenfreude
YOU FUCKING INBRED QUIP-SEEKING DISGUSTING FUCKING PLEB[/spoler] desu

>tfw I heard the crowd laughing so I went along like a gullible cuck
>only later did I realize he was taking out his anger at losing probably his last friend and family

muh feels

It's a sad scene, but the delivery is really funny. It's hard to describe. It's not that I'm finding pleasure in the fact that he's in pain, but the way it happens is so ridiculous that it's funny.

Samefagging here, but I also think that the director intended for it to be a little funny.

not samefagging here, i agree

what makes you say this? it was funny because it was slapstick???

>Get your fatass back inside

That was the only part where some people felt you weren't suppose to laugh because of the current bullshit culture we have.

Agree, the scene was meant to be funny. Logan takes out his frustration on such a mundane thing in the most over the top way possible.

And the film needed some comic relief.

Is this happening all over the country? The world? Fucking marvel has truly succeeded in dumbing down the global population.

If little gril wolvarina has super healing why are her knuckles bruised?

that's not her blood

People laugh when they are nervous or uncomfortable.

It's her blood, it's just stained on her knuckles

I mean, yeah. I don't know what to tell you dude. It was funny to me.

here's some pasta from another thread i agree with
>People laughed because it was shot that way. Intentional or unintentional, doing a wide shot in which a tiny man angrily bangs on a tiny car while all around there is peace and nice colors makes him contrast and look like a child having a tantrum. That and the fact that the car wasn't taking much damage which made him less intimidating and more pathetic, like if someone throws some paper angrily but then it just flies back in their face.
>They should've shot close where we can see the anguish and rage that's filling Logan in the moment and have him break glass and bloody his fists. You're not gonna laugh if he's up close to your POV raging out (unless the performance is trash).
>Also remembered that it wasn't just the wide shot, but that it's a longer shot, just Laura watching Logan and the car. Having no cuts also isolates him and makes it impersonal.
>I didn't laugh, but I did think the filmmakers dropped the ball on that. Normies are practically conditioned to laugh at things like this with those "cues".

that's why i found it comedic, although i didn't laugh, some did in my theater. i kinda felt compelled to laugh yet also not at the same time.

Was it just me or was the tone of the movie all over the fucking place?

Right after Charles dies there's the "obviously there to lighten the mood" freak out scene. Then after Logan dies they play The Man Comes Around.

They focused too much time on the unnecessary action scenes when they should've focused more on Logan and his character, both what he's done and how he can't stand it

this, the lack of music and the way it's shot could make someone who's not really paying attention to the movie perceive it as funny

Obviously if you're actively watching the movie you'd understand the circumstances

I think the problem is that the whole scene is a wide shot from the POV of Laura, maybe if the camara had been closer to Logan while he was kicking the car people would have realized that it was a serious scene?

I don't know, people are so used to quips in superhero movies that I guess they took whatever they could.

Am I the only one that found clone Wolverine unnecessary? Yeah I get the inner conflict and shit, but it just prolonged the action scenes too much. Feel the same way about the in universe comic stuff.

If they edited the film down to about 2 hours, I would want to see it again immediately. I have to desire to as it is though.

The man comes around is such a fitting song to end the movie on, I really have no idea how you could perceive it as conflicting tonally

i went with some friends to see this movie. i'm not into these movies but have seen the previous wolverine movie and i kinda know the gist of the overall x-men story and characters. however caliban had me thoroughly confused, who iswas he?

how much did i miss from not seeing apocalypse at least?

Yeah, I don't get why he was in the movie at all

To me the major theme of the movie was Logan's inner conflict. He killed people like they were ants. He mentions what's going on but there's no resolution to this. It's almost swept away so they can throw in more generic action Sequences

The Man Comes Around is about the end of the world in a biblical sense, and its finality. With this movie's biblical imagery, I can see why they chose it.

I think Hurt would have been a better song to end on (and not just because it was in the trailer), but I can see the choice there.

>Yeah, I don't get why he was in the movie at all
kinda see x-24 in it being the "old" killer wolverine logan hates about himself, so the fight between them symbolizes this conflict.

>but there's no resolution to this.
A-user, he died because of it.
Did you not get the heavy handed shane reference? Did you not get that shane dies at the end too?

I mean clone Wolverine is literally Logan fighting his younger self. And when Laura kills him with the bullet Logan meant for himself, he actually did end up killing himself.

I actually really liked the symbolism there.

Logan you see the foot claws? It's an adaptation...a mutation if you will. They're defensive for the female...and for mating!

You see Logan, the female will lock claws around the male's back when he's in the mating position. I had her demonstrate it on me several times last night and let me tell you it feels great to feel young again!

Hmmph don't look at me like that. There's hardly any mutants left Logan and she needs to start as quickly as possible!

This better be bait.

I was thinking this exactly. I knew there had to be at least one fat woman in the audience who was a little pissed at that line

There were like 20 kids in my theater, it was kind of annoying.

amazing movie tho, best 'comic book' movie since the dark knight.

>amazing movie tho, best 'comic book' movie since the dark knight.

I'm still waiting for someone to justify this statement. It was your typical post X2 xmen movie just with gore and swearing.

What didn't you like about what I said?

>lol that's totally me on monday bro xD

>It was your typical post X2 xmen movie just with gore and swearing.
that's justification enough, since it's better than endless quips and flashy colors.

Not really, if you can't see how this was much more emotional and impactful then the rest, I don't think I can explain it.

What happened to the mutants? It was a virus or Charles killed them?

I think it was the virus but why bold guy was so fuckin sad in that bed?

I understand Logan have survived, and even Caliban, but why Charles survived?

Charles might have killed them when they/he became sick?

The movie was more real. Instead of spectacle, it focused more on character and theme.

Normally, this constitutes a good movie.

but wouldn't he be sad now that there's another young wolverine killing people? does he think x-23 will be different? i mean she's starting off worse than him i imagine. he tries to tell her not to do bad things. he might have won his battle, but it goes on after him.

what even is this post

man, i dont know what it is, but little girls being violent is just really cool. laura, eleven, arya, ellie, violence and girls is a good combo.

also, that shot where shes holding his hands and their both covered in blood was pretty great.

I went today. Almost nobody goes to the cinema a monday at lunchtime. Great fucking experience.

It was shot like a comedy scene.
He's screaming obscenities in the distance and flailing around. It's a joke.

Wait that's fucking amazing. How are you complaint about that. It's at minimum better than half of the actual xmen movies.

Her battle definitely goes on after Logan dies but he dies knowing he did everything he could to set a good moral example for her

thats actually kinda hilarious lmao

i think that's extremely inappropriate considering the story and what they were going for. i mean it's both emotional and comedic at once. kind of ruined the scene for me.

I laughed too because it was shot in a flat angle and looked like a comedy skit.

That actually goes back to Shane, the movie they were watching in the hotel. Pretty much the same thing happens to the little boy there.

>When the black family man tries to shoot Logan, but there are no bullets left.

I felt so bad for everyone during that. They got this guy's family murdered for no reason.

but it doesn't. shane leaves the kid, right? logan tries that too, but fails, and the "kid" ends up saving him.

There was a young kid at our cinema. Hire a babysitter you drop kick parents. The only time the crowd laugh was the peeing part and the fat kid running.

>Prof X muttering "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" as they leave the hotel
Jesus christ.

they should have executed those kids when they had the chance. why leave them sitting around handcuffed in the woods like that? weren't they supposed to kill them all? it's like that james bond trope.

>tfw he remembered he killed all of the other x-men because of his dementia

Logan leaves the kid at the end. He protects the "town" with the help of the kid. In the end, he leaves, as the kid is pleading for him not to go.

>tfw they were buying a boat so he can't hurt anyone else

>Logan never heard his last words about finally understanding him
>that "It wasn't me, Charles!"

>X-24 is murdering everything in hs path, and all Logan can do is cry over Charles while saying "It wasn't me" again and again, hoping his words reach him in his final moments.

>xavier is his father
Logan is old enough to be xaviers grandpa

Xavier was Logan's only father figure.

I missed it but did the clone say anything before killing charles?

did it show any emotion toward him at all?

He doesn't talk. He just rages.

no. it doesn't speak at all. it's just a killing machine (like logan used to be)

>shane leaves the kid, right?
Shane was shot. He's dying, but doesn't want the kid to know. The final shot of the movie, him riding off into the sunset, he's dead in his saddle.
Its arguably one of the greatest westerns ever.

But it's comic movie XD they're supposed to funny!!!! Btw why was this movie so dark and violent? Took my wife's kid to see it and he had nightmares for the past couple days. I thought marvel was family friendly :/

Playing Johnny Cash music should be a bannable offense for a movie.

nice meme

This is why you go to the movies at least busiest time. You get little to no people. My had like 15 people and no one laughed. With film like Logan if you're going to movies at 1230 pm on a monday you'll get a lot single ticket goers.

Fuuuck, why did I automatically read the spoilers while scrolling by. I was going to watch it.

>a bannable offense
>for a movie.
W-who is going to ban them?
F-from what?

It's a great movie still. Definitely worth a watch.

>Logan just completely speechless and frozen in place when X-24 walks past him carrying Laura

Fuck you pleb, Cash fits perfectly with this movie.

why didnt logan just kill the professor for killing all the other mutants.

Bad Guy put chemicals in food to suppress their birth

Because he was his only real father figure. Also, they probably didn't realize what was going on until later.

I live in the retard flyover country and nobody ever laughs in dramatic scenes not even when Kylo took off the mask

Sorry user, I went out of my way to make it hard to spoil the whole thing on accident too.
But it's a good movie, I've always seen it as marking the end of the classic western of white hats vs black hats, and moving towards the more complex anti-hero/grey morality of the later westerns.
It's also hard to deal with Jack Palance not being a super old crypt keeper puppet.

well done

OHHHHHH
I didn't pick up on this.
My theater was full of mouthy people of the darker persuasion.

Charles blows the xmen's heads up, bad guy chemically sterilizes the rest Shouldn't have to wait to delete posts, I hate being exposed as an idiot

This made me mad too. Only one guy laughed during it in my theater. Didn't think it was a common thing.

People in my theater laughed at a bunch of dramatic moments like Xavier apologizing to the hotel patrons and Laura punching Logan when he says he's not taking her to North Dakota.

I do feel that Logan wrecking the car was supposed to be amusing in a bittersweet way.

her voice was too high pitched and annoying. makes sense why they kept her quiet for most of the movie

Happens to the best of us dude.

It was kinda funny because Wolverine is known for his legendary berserker rage. Seeing him rage out on a truck with a shovel was kinda silly.

Did that happen in one of the other movies? I don't remember that.

You're autistic, bro.

People tend to laugh during emotionally intense moments in movies. Particularly superhero movies which people assume are more lighthearted.

It was intentionally funny because it was shot from a distance. A light moment after a sad moment.

If it were shot up close, it would have been serious.

Nah, it just kind of implies it. I like that they never go out and say it, although the weaponized macguffin was obvious as dicks, especially when they made her pause for a second and look at it.