It seems like everybody who likes this movie either flat-out hates the Marvel Cinematic Universe or at the very least...

It seems like everybody who likes this movie either flat-out hates the Marvel Cinematic Universe or at the very least has grown bored of it. Is there anybody who is a big fan of both Logan and the MCU? I'm curious what your mindset is, as well as your overall relationship with capeshit.

>It seems like everybody who likes this movie either flat-out hates the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Why do you pull shit out of your ass?

Is it dare I say Wolverkino

Marvel is loosing steam. DC is fine. X-men is a mixed bag

Not him, I hate most capeshit. I went to go see Logan because all of my friends wanted to and was pleasantly surprised. I usually hate myself after going to the theater for blowing two hours of my life away on watching garbage.

Of course, Logan is barely a superhero movie in comparison to the likes of the MCU. Logan felt like a western or film noir with some elements of capeshit. So that's probably why I liked it.

I like both.

The MCU has consistently good movies, but other than Iron Man, there hasn't been a knockout in my opinion.

X-Men movies have always been inconsistent, but Logan is above and beyond the MCU in my opinion.

As a DC fan, I do like the X-men movies and Wolverine/Deadpool.
It's all the Disney shit I don't like.
Iron Man 1 was good though.

I like that movie and I HATE the MCU quipfest.

Most people dont take sides for meaningless bullshit. MCU is fun, Logan was great. DC is still garbage though.

I can't stand capeshit either. The first Iron Man was kinda okay and i really like the Watchmen and BvS(minus the WW scenes) directors cuts but that's where my love for these types of movies ends. That's why i'm really looking forward to Logan.

>strawman

You can enjoy a thoughtless capeshit movie without having extreme opinions.

I like both Logan and the MCU but I will admit the MCU is getting boring. I think i'm done with it after phase 3. I still haven' finished Luke Cage or Daredevil season 2.

i dont mind MCU and i really like winter soldier and guardians. but yeah i saw doctor strange a day before logan and it just amplified the growing problems i have with the marvel movies. they're increasingly becoming very boring and predictable. though this is true of the new star wars movies and no doubt whatever other shit disney gets its hands on.

I'm pretty sure there is a ton of people who are fine with the MCU and also liked this movie.

But to give you a more extensive reply, I thought Logan was genuinely good, and I dislike most of the MCU line-up. I would have liked Logan regardless of whether or not the MCU existed, and I think most of the X-Men movie franchise is wasted potential. I think audiences have been growing a bit bored with capeshit lately (even normies), but they watch it anyway because it's not like they know anything better.

Part of why Logan worked was because it wasn't "a superhero movie" in the common definition. It was a western drama that happened to feature a comic book character. In the same way that Tim Burton's Batman movies weren't exactly traditional superhero movies, but instead arthouse fantasy that starred Batman. These movies were something else besides "men in tights fighting each other to save the world".

And Logan kind of hits that sweet spot between Marvel's juvenile quipfests and DC's retarded grimdark messes because it's dark, it deals with mature things, but it's enjoyable and it has funny moments. Neither the MCU, nor the DCEU, could possibly make a movie like Logan, in their current state of affairs.

And that's more or less what it comes down to. To people who don't give a shit about company wars and just want to watch good movies starring characters they like, movies like Logan are a blessing. It's not a Marvel movie, it's not a DC movie, it's an R-Rated western that stars Wolverine and Charles Xavier.
While Logan is not terribly unique in a general sense, to audiences that have come to expect nothing but bottom of the barrel kiddie trash from superheroes, having a movie that's even remotely unique is like a godsend. It's part of why Deadpool had such success too (and Logan would not exist if it wasn't for Deadpool).

As someone who was hyped for Logan, and enjoyed the movie, I don't really give a shit about any extended universe or such whatever. I didn't watch Civil War or Dr. Strange, because they seemed, and were, drek.

But God damn the Marvel machine cannot be stopped. I'm really happy that they're the next harbinger of the R-rated movies.

Exactly this. I thought Dr. Strange was their chance to break out of the mold and do something different, and they chose to make the same movie they've been making again and again for 3 or 4 years.

I think when they fired Edgar Wright from Ant-Man, it was clear that there was a problem with Marvel

Love DC Capeshit, was absolutely impressed with Logan. Hate Deadpool. Despise MCU and almost anything Disney related.

>I think when they fired Edgar Wright from Ant-Man, it was clear that there was a problem with Marvel

Everyone has been hush-hush about why Wright was fired from Ant-Man. We know the general reason "creative differences", but you realize how fucking odd that sounds with a company that allowed two very hard R films, alongside Guardians of the Galaxy [which everyone thought would fail], to go to print with such heavy marketing.

I love Wright, and thought we would be amazing with Ant-Man, but isn't it odd?

I'm a huge X-Men fan. This is now my favorite one. Don't really care about the MCU. Just X-Men.

More people need to be like me and just like all capeshit that comes out regardless

Sick of the MCU and the DCU is dead on arrival. I like how small the scope of this movie is. It's just 2 washed up old men trying to do good for the younger generation, no lasers shooting into the sky, no poisson gas covering the citty, no giant cgi monsters. The only difference at the end of the movie us that the xmen are finished but he saves his daughter, no apocolypse is adverted or anything, which is extremely satisfying emotionaly. Almost reminded me of a mix between the road and MGS4. Compare wolverines death to superman's in batman v superman, it's crazy how much better this movie is.

Dr. Strange was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Not even kidding. Marvel (and DC) is pure shit.