Is anybody else incredibly depressed since seeing Logan...

Is anybody else incredibly depressed since seeing Logan? I have a deep sense of melancholy to the point where I wish I hadn't watched the movie in the first place.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qRININJJodM
youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
collider.com/logan-spoiler-interview-james-mangold/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/724586
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, me as well honestly. I know it seems stupid, to feel depressed after a "capeshit" movie, but I sympathize completely

yeah. It's like I just got back from a funeral.

Have some pick-me-up music.

youtube.com/watch?v=qRININJJodM

youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Listening to this over and over has helped a bit

Nope

I'm gonna throw up

I want to snuggle with the little girl

She was so cute that it breaks my heart. I want to cry.

Tbh it's relatable because it shows how important it is to have hope and a strong family support during emotional episodes.

Not that we needed capeshit to prove that but it's a well explored theme in the movie which awoke a few things in me.

Not gonna lie, i got a bit emotional at the 'X' scene.

Movie was a great send off for the character. Even Patrick Stewart announced there was no better way to retire the character. No more GOAT Xavier

Not really, but I thought X23 turning the cross to make an X was a great touch that was genuinely sentimental.

It's also sad to me because Hugh Jackman struggled for years with having a biological child. They had 2 or 3 miscarriages and eventually had to adopt. When he said "so this is what it feels like" there had to be some truth in that statement outside of his character dying. Dafne Keen represented the girl he could never have in real life. Just end my suffering!

"so this is what it feels like" is supposed to have that double meaning.

>actually dying, after effectively dying hundreds of times before, but never reaching the other end of the tunnel
>being loved and truly having a family, for the first/only time

James Mangold explains it in better detail here
collider.com/logan-spoiler-interview-james-mangold/

>I have a deep sense of melancholy to the point where I wish I hadn't watched the movie in the first place.

thats what the jews want - they're trying to demoralize you. you must say you want to win and want life.

this is why they hate trump

It's like pottery, bravo mangold

I thought I was the only one, the crowd in my theatre literally laughed when Charles died and Logan was smashing up his car..
I have had this strange feeling for days, one thing I noticed is my girlfriend is not the same way. Could a woman ever empathize with he pain Logan has?

I mean like real life truth to the statement. He knows the pain of not being able to start/have a family first-hand.

I think it's something only a man can empathize with. His job is to protect his family and men have different kinds of relationships with their father figures that where mirrored by xavier and logan.

>tfw your 12 year old cousin looks exactly like her
>her mom was an abusive heroin addict before her grandmother rescued her
>stunted growth due to neglect
>enourmous abandonment issues
>clingy and anxious as fuck whenever I take her to do something fun like ice skating

this movie hits too close to home

Holy shit user. It's your chance to be the male figure in her life that protects her and provides emotional support when she's sad. ;_; I'm jealous

I just related on how tired and sick of bullshit Logan was in the whole movie. My ex-girlfriend dying two weeks ago didn't help me either. Great movie but I bawled in my car in the theater parking lot for like 30 minutes. I didn't expect this movie to hit me that hard.

>my girlfriend
You mean your mom

Everyone in my theater laughed. The juxtaposition of the peaceful hunter playing with his dog and a angry Logan made it humorous.

I'm sorry user. We can all feel together.

Good one user, yeah my mom ha ha ha...

>Logan get's 92% on RT
>Get Out get's 99% on RT

Total bullshit. Sorry this film didn't play on your white guilt critics.

If you take a close look at the negative reviews for Logan, pretty much all of them can be summed up as
>"capeshit is capeSHIT and shouldn't aspire to be anything more than that"

Must be magical to be able to suck your own dick like that

>ex-girlfriend dying two weeks ago

Huh... I had what might have been a similar experience: ex-girlfriend died (suicide) in May 2013, about one month before The Last of Us came out, and delivered similar feels

Yeah, the post watch depression is honestly similar to how I felt after watching Stranger Things.

Is this a normal thing? I've never felt melancholy days after having watched a movie. The effect usually wears off with a night of sleep. Fuck this gay earth.

Introduce her to X-Men movies & comics. But not to Pringles.

Can't shake it either bros

Manchester by the sea didn't even phase me after watching Logan. I really shouldn't be sad after an X-men movie but..shit

No. My real life is shitty enough and I'm too weak to fix it. I cried during the movie though since I always immerse myself in what I watch.

Growth shouldn't be stunted at that age. Until the epiphyseal plates close at 14-16 for girls, their bodies have a remarkable ability to experience catch up growth, provided they receive adequate nutrition. Feed that girl!

It was decent but it didn't come anywhere near the level of spider-man 2 and TDK

Like with a romantic break-up, sometimes regulating your feelings is a matter of replacement and transference. Perhaps watch a new film or TV show. HBO's The Leftovers is all about unprocessed grief. Season 2 is kino. Or just try rewatching an old favorite.

>daddy :'(

No... I don't know what you mean user

>druggie mom underfeeds your from the time you're a baby until age 9
>no growth problems
>being constantly hungry, exposed to violence, drugs, and stress while living in filth isn't bad for a child

okay lad

Numale

Season 2 of the Leftovers was almost a perfect season of television, so hyped for season 3.

Abandonment (physical or emotional) took place in early childhood for anyone whose mother was not available. Hence stunted growth.

Do what i did and watch Fist Fight after it.

>it didn't come anywhere near the level of spider-man 2

You're fucking joking right?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/724586

I'm just trying to help, user. I don't claim to have all the answers but I think she probably still has some growth left in her.

Not even slightly

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try watching that. I might also check out the expanse.

Why are you replying pretending to be me. It was not my mom.

>his savior complex is so strong that he thinks posting a link to a study on a Burmese Fingerblasting Bulletin will improve the life of some random child

wew

It sucks but I'm coping. We were together for 5 years and it was my first relationship. Cancer got her and she was battling it for two years. Her current bf didn't seem to fucking care, I guess he checked out emotionally after realizing she could die so I can't get too mad at him. Just Logan dealing with so much death and terrible shit was something I could latch on to in my state. Didn't think a comic book movie would make me realize a bunch of stuff.

Same here bro.

Rood

Fuck off

I-it has water

Not him, but Spider-Man 2 does exceed this film IMO. I hate how people on here think
>MUH DARK GRITTY ADULT FILM BETTER THAN CAPESHIT WITH JOKES

Logan is a great film and succeeded in what it was trying to do, but it isn't a Best Picture nominee because it was sad

This movie transcended the comic book mold. I came for action but left with heart-wrenching feels. I hope it gets better for you user.

1. I didn't say it was best picture material, just that it's a hell of a lot better than spiderman 2
2. Being dark and gritty doesn't make something good. If that's all you take away from Logan then you need to pay closer attention.

>MY GOLD PLATED MANSION IS BETTER THAN BURNT HORSE SHIT

Fucking duh

_donald

Holy shit this is the most contrarian for the sake of being contrarian thing I've ever read. Too bad you're wrong though...

Logan isn't a "gritty adult film" so much as it's just a well made action movie with a proper dosage of drama and a fucking message. Sure, light-hearted superhero flicks have their place, but if you're going to entertain the idea that your average capeshit is superior to something like this then you're being ridiculous... or you just have shit taste.

I'll agree Spider-Man 2 is fantastic though.

Over saturated action scenes took away from the drama. I only lament how needless most of those scenes were.

I really wanted to feel.

Hugh Jackman's played Wolverine almost perfectly for 17 years. For most people here, that's practically their whole life. It's like when Han Solo died.

So if something like No Country for Old Men can win best picture why shouldn't Logan? I'd argue there's more emotional weight and depth to this than a lot of films that have been nominated over the years. Maybe it doesn't deserve to win but it certainly deserves a nomination.

>It's like when Han Solo died.

Kind of. Except Wolverine didn't disappear for 30+ years only to get killed after an hour of screen time. Then again, Wolverine got like 9 movies, Han Solo got 4.

Laura movie when? Also how likely are they to use timetravel fuckery to get her into the timeline with the reboot characters

I actually like how straight forward the action was. Felt like Action scenes from the 80s or 90s. Nothing insanely over the top (especially considering it's the X-Men universe) and I could actually tell what the fuck was going on.

I agree and thanks user.

I really like her character. I hope they do something with it. She didn't repulse me like most child actors

I can almost guarantee she'll have a part in Deadpool 2. They won't even try to explain why either, since the timeline is seven kinds of fucked already.

why is there a wall now across the US border?

Did this movie predicted the future?

Would you send her back across the wall?

No. She's a cute!

>Spider-Man 2 does exceed this film IMO

These are two completely different films. This is barely a comic book movie, it's a character study of an iconic character in pop culture . Spiderman 2 is just a fun summer popcorn romp, not that is a negative but that's not even in Logan's category. If you were comparing Avenger films I could see your argument.

>how needless most of those scenes were
>needles
>needles
>that scene where the mutant kid rips a dude apart with pine needles

shut up your face

The ending was straight out of a YA novel.

>"special" kids way too mature for their age
>evil corporation out to get them
>aided by the only adult they can trust
>adult sacrifices himself to save the children

>tfw we'll never see him as wolvie again in a big movie
>tfw I watched my childhood get the fuck beat out of it by my childhood
>tfw I held out just a little bit of hope that one of the rocks would shift or something.

NO MEXICANS
NO MUSLIMS
NO MUTANTS

I'm just sad to see Jackman go.

I absolutely laughed at that part. It was funny. It also showed him venting the only way he knew how while allowing the audience to release tension at the same time so that the movie wouldn't become too dreary and brooding.

He really didn't need to explode, unless he had a pine allergy or something.

There's humor in all sorts of terrible situations, I'm glad this movie got that.

I'm glad that there's at least a consensus on this and I'm not alone. That movie was depressionkino.

I think what got me was how she idolized and thought of him as a hero the whole movie, and Logan treats her like shit the entire time. On top of that Charles dying fucking killed me, and it was almost like they were burying a dog the way it happened. Logan sabotages his own happiness again when he gets pissed off that she grabbed his hand.

Finally, you get to Eden and Laura basically tells Logan he doesn't care about her, and Logan realizes that he does. Logan goes back to the forest and goes classic Wolverine mode, which Laura hasn't seen until that moment, and she realizes that he really is the Wolverine, which means her daddy is a hero =( . When Logan dies, and she calls him Daddy, and Logan acknowledges that he finally found what he was looking for and dies... well fuck... He probably regretted being an asshole the entire time, and not warming up to her sooner, but at that point it was too late.

As an audience member I felt like I got the dad guilt laid on me, and I'm not even a dad.

You have a tremendous opportunity here. Sort yourself out.

Exactly! Everytime he was mean to her I wanted to yell "SHE'S YOUR FUCKING DAUGHTER AND SHE IDOLIZES YOU! HOLD HER CLOSE AND TELL EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE OKAY!". So sad.

i took a different meaning out of it, sorta similar to the first one

> he's killed literally thousands of people, and never knew what it was like, and now he finally does

I done that the other way around
SHIT
Fist Fight was pretty good tho

>hey guys, our movie is RATED R!
>let's say fuck a hundred times
>you too Patrick Stewart
>let's throw in some titties too, just to let you know this is "mature"
I actually liked the film

It's like you've never seen an R rated movie before. None of that is strange. You only noticed it because you watch nothing but PG-13 capeshit.

No, however it did make the idea of having a daughter down the line seem less terrifying

The tit flash was dumb but everything else was great.

None of that was bad. The problem was the audiences reaction. I cringed when people were laughing at Patrick Stewart saying "fuck".

Same. I used to be repulsed by the idea of having a daughter but I sort of feel different now.

Give me one good reason why we needed to see prom girls flash their tits.

Or for that matter, have Patrick Stewart say fuck at least three times.

Or have a little girl chuck a severed head.

In a movie about children's cartoons who freeze shit and travel through time.

1. I'm a straight male and like to see tits.
2. Patrick Stewart is a grown man and real men say "fuck" every now and then.
3. It shows she's a fucking badass and is desensitised to violence. Great character introduction.

>In a movie about children's cartoons who freeze shit and travel through time.

Pay attention next time

Give me one good reason you went to see this movie if you think any of those are flaws? I'll grant you that the tits weren't necessary, but it was like 3 seconds of screen time.

Complaining about vulgarity and violence in an R rated action flick is pretty stupid m8

I like tits too, but they served no purpose other than to be like "hey guys, I know you still read comic books, but you're a man, so here are some tits."

Saying fuck is out of character for Xavier. I will give a pass because he was sick and dying and sick and dying old people get nasty. In that sense, it is sad to think about. But it comes off as them trying to push their R rating. Especially since the first "fuck" is a funny one.

For the purposes of the film on its own merits it was a good character introduction but it's still a movie about cartoon characters created to entertain children.