This entire film is one extended cringe compilation

This entire film is one extended cringe compilation.
I get it. Its a kickstarter budget. Its a parody, yes i know. I understand that it is supposed to be ironic.
Literally none of that makes this not trash. This is unironically the worst film i have ever seen.

Literally, Reddit - The Movie.

>Check wiki page
>Kung Fury is a 2015 English-language Swedish martial arts action comedy short film written,
>Swedish
Of course.

It explains the cringe, the pathetic attempts at humour, and superficial understanding of American pop culture and Internet culture.

eh
more like funnyjunk or a facebook meme page the movie.

It has reddit jokes like
>we are going to punch Hitler in the balls xD
>dinosaurs auwwzome!
>vikings dude!
>woah 80s retro
And of course
>whoa combine all these awesome things and be self-referential about it and the movie will just somehow be good, as if self-awareness is inherently funny with no additional effort required.

They had some awareness, hence the length.

If it went any longer it would've outstayed its welcome. It very well did at some parts.

Is it supposed to be an action movie? Because the fighting was shit
Is it supposed to be a comedy movie? Because it wasnt funny

I liked it for what it is, a skit

Hackerman and the intro were the only things I liked about it.

see this
I hate when people use the "level of awareness" a film has as both a criticism and defense of the film.
It literally does not matter at all if the film is shit. So what if they were "aware" they were making a shitty movie? In the end all we got is a shitty movie.

Simply being self-referential is neither funny, original, nor clever.

It's almost as bad as puns.

Top tier retrosatire kino

I said they were aware of the runtime not the self-awareness shit.

Ofcourse it's self aware, if it wasnt the movie wouldnt exist, it's not trying to be something original at all. That doesn't mean self-awareness equals good.

The entire "movie" is just one long self aware joke at [insert ridiculous 80s/action/sci fi trope here.

Blatant Danger 5 ripoff.

>the entire movie is just one long self aware joke

Thats literally what i was talking about though. The "jokes" in this movie are just not funny. The only possible way they could avoid not being called out as a shitty movie is to say "oh well its just a parody and a joke based on 80's tropes, were self aware". The "joke" is that the film is trash, and the joke is on morons like you who eat it up anyway.

The first time I was watching this I was on acid and the part where hitler shoots the phone freaked me out.

Every single scene was a reference or tribute to some thing from the late '80s and early '90s. The really "bad" action was from video games, dinosaurs with lasers inspired by toys, '80s B movie style dialogue. If you're under 30 you probably don't get it.

are you implying that literally only people who grew up during the 80s have seen those movies? Or that only people who grew up in the 80s saw those movies as kids? Because both are really retarded assumptions to make.
I stated in the OP I get the "film" just fine.
Just because the creators know that they created shit on purpose doesnt mean the film isnt shit.

This

memes and jokes aside, i had no interest in watching this.

After playing Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, which is unironically funny and great, I thought I would love this. Holy hell it sucks

You obviously don't. They put an immense amount of detail into this movie. If you can't see that then it wasn't made for you. That's how parodies usually work.

Blood Dragon did the exact same thing but way better and more sincere.

It also didn't mish mash so much shit like Kung Fury did.

Its so miserably cynical and it thinks that the genre its spoofing is so far below it.

>They put a lot of work into making a movie with a shit plot, shit jokes, shit action, shit premise, shit fucking everything, but they did it on purpose so that means its immune from all criticism and is a 10/10 masterpiece
are you 12?

Literally a shitty Danger 5 season 2

I unironically liked the world building.

Exactly. This is the movie I mean when I say nostalgic appropriation. Its just taking a lot of half-baked ideas and misunderstandings about your source but still using 80s and 90s stuff to make money because its in right now and knowing your millennial audience will "get it" because of course they will.

Its not made for the people who lived in it at all.

Autism. I speak from experience. A lot of jaded bitter people here, but this is alarming.

was there world building in this? as an autist, i a have a soft spot for any kind of media with series world building and lore behind it. unless you're trying to meme me, in which case fuck you.

it presented itself as a light on satirical romp but also allowed those who were interested with plenty of opportunity to examine the cultures that were visited in excruciating detail

27 minutes of fun story, great soundtrack, and great action.

Being this contrarian.