Why are there no more shows like Stargate, BSG, and Firefly?

Why are there no more shows like Stargate, BSG, and Firefly?

>leaving out Farscape
You disappoint me, John

Why are there no more shows like the Little Rascals?

Child labor laws

Its cheaper to make police procedurals and retards keep giving them views

>Stargate, BSG, Firefly
>Not mentioning Farscape
This is a farscape thread now.

The Expanse

Not mentioning Babylon 5.

wtf are you talking about?

The Expanse
Dark Matter

at least BSG firefly and stargate had their merits
The expanse is utter SyFy channel garbage

>teflon coated shells going multiple km/s
>can see them flying inside the ship
>can see them flying between the ships a few hundred meters from each other
>can see them at all, these aren't tracers, shooting tracer would make it easier for sensors to pick them up and dodge at range.
besides , the actual fight was all torpedoes in open space against 2 ships not this shit.

what?

>>teflon coated shells going multiple km/s
why wouldn't they? no gravity around to reduce their speed
>>can see them flying inside the ship
on the otherhand the impact to the ship probably reduces their speed, as much to be able to see them
>>can see them flying between the ships a few hundred meters from each other
idk, heated up from the shot/ the sun shining on them

>>>teflon coated shells going multiple km/s
>why wouldn't they? no gravity around to reduce their speed
> gravity makes bullets slow down

>why wouldn't they? no gravity around to reduce their speed
i said that to clarify that the other stuff makes no sense
>on the otherhand the impact to the ship probably reduces their speed, as much to be able to see them
nope , they clearly say that these shells go straight through the ship barely slowing down, they make them that fast to hit distant targets not for damage from kinetic energy (as they barely lose any). and a shell going 2km/s+ in a room maybe 10m across isnt something you'd see, also the characters clearly say that being hit by PDCs you just see 2 clean holes appear in your ship without even denting the metal which makes naomi's melted screen look kinda retarded.
>idk, heated up from the shot/ the sun shining on them
what the fuck did you just say ?. the sun would be about as bright as a moonless night on earth and the shells are exposed to is for like 0.1 ms also you can easily accelerate the shells to that speed without heating them enough to emit that much light\IR and even .
it does make bullets slow if they're traveling against the potential gradient .

Because they've realised just how cheap they can make those kinds of shows and still get enough viewers, re.: Dark Matter, Killjoys, Torchwood, etc.

All hail The Expanse. Wears its oversized budget with pride. All that money spent on making the belters look like scavvy space-hobo scumbags.

>wasting all those precious resources on life support for humans
I get that it's just a TV show and we should suspend disbelief and we need to "connect" with human characters, but the idea that you'd have humans out there, crawling around in spacesuits doing manual labour on and inside asteroids is laughably ridiculous.
Autonomous spacecraft with autonomous machines, autonomously completing autonomous tasks. There wouldn't be a single human anywhere near this stuff.

The best villain

That's just dumb enough to be sci-fi

Obviously it's one of those sci-fi futures where human beans are cheaper to produce, operate and maintain than robots. To emphasize the worthlessness of human existenz and wotnot.

Robot lives are more expensive than bellter scum. They are basically space slaves.

No love for Lexx?

Lets be honest here, "So say we all" Was used in TNG way before BSG.

>not mentioning Babylon 5

>Why are there no more shows like Stargate, BSG, and Firefly?

Starting new scifi show is generally expensive as it needs lots of special effects and fuck ton of purpose built sets, props and costumes. There is risk of show tanking. It is less risky to make yet another court room drama, police procedural or hospital drama.

Firefly is fucking dogshit, started watching it after getting into The Expanse and Elite Dangerous because I wanted a comfy space trucking show.

Sitcom in space.

I never got into BSG, and Farscape always looked really interesting when it was airing but I was always busy and couldn't watch it. I don't know if I could sit through the entire series, though.