It wasn't suppose to be like this

It wasn't suppose to be like this........

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden
ww.rrojasdatabank.info/HDRP_2010_40.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's okay, I'm Upgrayedd.

I remember in the 2000s, I thought the internet was going to bring an intellectual renaissance. Finally we would all be able to get any information we needed, and bullshit like Christianity and Islam would disappear, and we'd see what all the shitty people on top were doing to us, and we'd fix everything.

Turns out we've reduced human intellect to a series of bumper stickers. The internet has made us dumber instead of smarter.

BUILD WALL!

its really funny what happens when you can completely ignore the masses who, in the late 90s and early 00s, were too stupid to get on the internet.

The surges of retards that were brought in by webTV and AOL should've been an indication that people in general were retarded and the mainstream internet was going to be nothing but an overflowing toilet, but people like you and I still had hope then.

HAHA, OW MY BALLS!

>The internet has made us dumber instead of smarter.
We're actually more informed now than we ever were.

Internet just also simultaneously presented a new way to misinform.

Also, add onto that a struggling middle class who is very angry and getting more and more desperate (and are ignored by politicians who answer to the rich elite), we get what we unfortunately have now.

You sound pompous and faggy.

>we're more informed now than we ever were
>internet also presented new way to misinform

So which is it?

not him
I guess we are both informed and misinformed constantly. Stream of "facts" and opinions smashed into our brains every second.

It's the ability to discern that's missing. Like fish in the ocean we drift on whatever current comes our way.

>haha the future is going to be a dystopia because these inbreeding low-IQ white rednecks are having too many kids, what a great prophetic movie, hillbilly republicans on suicide watch
>Well, actually, fertility rates of whites are at extremely low levels. Non-asian, non-white populations are usually the ones to have the most amount of children. Coincidentally they also tend to display the lowest IQs as well as the highest rates of inbreeding, the latter of which is especially prevalent among Islamic populations.
>DAS RAYCIS WE ARE ALL THE SAME #OPENBORDERS

Oh look there's one of the people we were talking about earlier. Hi there!

>people thought they were being 1984ed
>they were actually getting Brave New Worlded

The Shallows is a great book on this subject. The truth is, we are NOT getting informed. We are receiving information in unseen quantities, yes, but in such a way it is not really enriching. 99% of what we see and read on the Internet doesn't stay with us.

>As McLuhan suggested, media aren’t just channels of information. They supply the stuff of thought, but they also shape the process of thought. And what the Net seems to be doing is chipping away my capacity for concentration and contemplation. Whether I’m online or not, my mind now expects to take in information the way the Net distributes it: in a swiftly moving stream of particles. Once I was a scuba diver in the sea of words. Now I zip along the surface like a guy on a Jet Ski.

Thanks I'll check that out

Full title is The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr.

you sound like one of the people who made the internet a toilet

But we're inherently emotional creatures. Even if you put more information out there, if you dilute it with abject bullshit, you're not getting a higher percentage of "informed" people. You're just making it harder for people to actually learn facts. Not to mention, the Internet is perfect at playing to our emotions. A short list of recent developments in misinformation:

>White privilege
>Intersectionality is the root cause of all problems
>The CIA doesn't lie to us anymore
>Obama is a commie Muslim born in Kenya
>The Earth is flat
>Actors care about the little people
>Hillary is a satan worshipper
>Trump is a Russian spy
>Trannies don't have a mental illness
>Marriage is a "Christian" institution
>Rich people are all evil
>Poor people aren't responsible for their lives
>Twitter and Facebook are good ideas
>People want to look at pictures of your meals

That last one, painful. Along with a toxic mix of semi-facts and complete lies everyone has become convinced that everything they do matters and they need to broadcast it. Everyone is so impressed with their own opinion and feel the need to share it every damn second even if they know fuck-all about what they're talking about. Which then just amplifies the swirl of mental shit. It's brutal.

Y'all talk like a fag and yer shit's retarded

GO AWAY WE BATIN'

welcome to costco... i love you

Social media truly is a maelstrom of narcissism.

>those pics of the white as fuck officer pimping

still has me dying

Shit nigga, Hillary IS a satan worshiper
and Obama's a GAY commie Muslim from Kenya

I think he meant something like knowing random facts while ot being able to think critically for oneself.
Like today pupils know more about the world and the universe then ancient philosophers but are still fucking stupid

>Like today pupils know more about the world and the universe

no they don't lol

Which is why all the jews in charge rushed ahead to make sure easily-persuaded masses continue to chase the simple attractive bait (memes, funny videos, "racism", etc) instead of largely anything else.

>haha wow we elected drumpf
>its like that one movie about the dumb white people with the populist-extreme terry crews president
>even though trump is an unpopular nationalist president in a world of globalists with the media constantly attacking him for not crippling america with low IQ brown immigrants like germany and sweden
literally THE SAME

I guess some kids from Sup Forums are here to demonstrate what we were talking about earlier. Hi guys!

lmao, one of the worst things about shitlibs is their lack of self awareness and their comparisons of Trump to all kinds of stories that don't even apply.

>REEEEEEE It's liek the Handmaids tale! Because Christians!!!
>meanwhile some pseudo Christcuck is marrying faggots in a sick satire of marriage

hello youtube comment section!

>germany and sweden
Those are both extremely successful countries though. Meanwhile, most of the countries with MUH STRONG LEADERS that Sup Forumsfags worship have third world tier GDP per capitas, homicide rates, life expectancy rates, educational systems etc.

>if the GDP is high it means we are good healthy society! Yeah, let's sell our soul for a couple more points on the DOW, what could go wrong?

Meanwhile UN projected that Sweden is going to be a third world country by 2030. I wonder how great that GDP feels when their are weekly grenade attacks int heir capital.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden

>Sweden will be a third world country by 2030 guys!
Let me guess you just watched that Lauren "the booty" Southern video about this and decided you were going to run with this nonsensical, debunked talking point which completely misinterpreted the underlying research? Here, why don't you actually pick through the data and explain why you personally think that one of the few nations which has a GDP per capita of 50k+ is going to magically become a "third world country" in 14 years.

ww.rrojasdatabank.info/HDRP_2010_40.pdf

>and bullshit like Christianity
Either this is bait or you were never going to be part of the intellectual renaissance to begin with.

Sorry man I shouldn't have included the Jewish fairy tales in that list. Clearly the Jewish fairy tales are real. All the other fairy tales, complete bullshit, but the Jewish fairy tales, 100% true. My bad.

Can someone explain to me why so many people on 4chins role play as Christians?

Because it has been infested by Fox News watching mouth breathers via r/the_donald

This right here.

Denial. It's what you're in.

>how dare white people not hate their own race
Why do leftists hate white people?

Did you feel bad your earlier comment got no reply so you had to try again?

what the hell does this have to do with christian roleplaying

I'm not a Christian but it's brainlet's first ideology to shit on one of the most important religions for the preservation of knowledge and progression of science in human history.

You're just expressing what every preceding generation has expressing about every progenous generation after them, muh kids these days.
Childhood violence, crime, is at a low from what we see in records and intelligence and semantic knowledge/exposure to knowledge & access to knowledge is at an all time high. Whinge all you want about kids not knowing anything, shows what you know.

>Like today pupils know more about the world and the universe then ancient philosophers but are still fucking stupid
Are you retarded? Talk to any young person and they only know what thy're supposed to believe and what's in their facebook feed

>You're just expressing what every preceding generation has expressing about every progenous generation after them, muh kids these days.

Nice try but today's generations are the first ones in history to have immediate, near-unrestricted access to massive amounts of digitalized media. This argument simply doesn't apply.

That's why they're stupid

Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad

I've read summaries of a lot of studies like this, shitting on retention. It's hard to believe this shit happens to people who weren't already like that anyway.

My memory is meh tier, and I remember the things I wanted to learn/read about, most of the things that I wasn't looking for but seemed interesting/useful, and way more of the bullshit I wish I could forget than I'd like.

Seems more like it'd be a problem with mobile users exclusively, who forget to think for a second before picking up their phone and looking it up.

>Jews push everything except (((atheism)))

No. It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

>>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
lel

Sure, in America. Because being an atheist with a Christian background is still taboo in most of the country. Jews aren't Christian, so they are allowed to become atheist.

What about Nihilism and Absurdism, which differ from philosopher to philosopher on their views on creator deities, being almost exclusively Christian then?

except they're still trying to bring down Christianity in western countries because it offends muslims

>>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
Keep telling yourself that.

You ever notice how Mike Judge always makes shows centered around "Everyone is stupid but me."?

Idiocracy, KOTH, and Office Space come to mind.

This. Attached is voting intention by belief. Notice how atheists and Jews are virtually identical.

If you allow people to think that atheism is acceptable you get moral degradation, communism, identity politics, etc. Things that directly enables Islam.

You should fight the enemy within with the same vigour that you fight the enemy without.

You might get faggots replying to this post saying 'hurr well I'm a red pilled atheist I voted for Trump', well how is that any different from Abdul from Syria saying 'I'm not like those other muslims, I'm moderate'? Stereotypes exist for a reason, and evidence dictates atheists are social poison.

Everyone seems pretty stupid in KOTH though. It's just they're stupid about different things at different times - Hank's been the jackass almost as often as he's been "smart" guy, and quite often falls victim to someone's bullshit out of ignorance, carelessness, or other.

I mean, this is the guy who thought crack was fucking fishing bait.

Atheism/agnosticism is still on the rise. You're just not hearing about it as much because the fedora tippers made a lot of us embarrassed to say anything about it publicly.

That, and we've had a democrat in the White House for eight years, so right wingers have had that to make a big deal over. Now that they're back in charge and need a distraction, expect to start hearing about atheists assaulting their values on a 24 hour cycle again.

Hank was never the main character
It was Boomhauer all along

Agnosticism is still the fastest growing religious affiliation because Christianity keeps compromising and therefore doesn't get any respect and Islam is full of batshit insane people that definitely don't help recruitment.

Buddhist surge when?

Boomhauer's just as dumb though. Worse, take him away from his bitches, and he folds to peer pressure instantly.

Fucking loose women is literally the only thing keeping Dale and Bill from killing a texas ranger.

>Sweden is more dangerous than Hungary
please don't talk about European politics

Start making more intelligent children if you are so afraid of this becoming a reality.

>President can't even spell
this won't happen

>tfw Y2K actually happened but instead of killing us the machines are just making us dumber